Jump to ratings and reviews

X-Men: Worlds Apart #1-4

X-Men: Worlds Apart

Over the course of her life, Storm has been many things: A thief. A goddess. An X-Man. A Wife. A Queen. But not until now have these roles come into conflict. When a mutant commits a mysterious murder in Wakanda, Storm takes it upon herself to investigate. And what she discovers will force her into a position where she must choose: Will she stand with the X-Men or with her husband? Writer Chris Yost (X-Force, New X-Men) and up-and-coming artist Diogenes Neves bring you the series that will change Storm forever. Plus, relive the beginnings of the Black Panther and Storm romance with reprints of landmark issues Marvel Team-Up #100 and Black Panther #26. Collects X-Men: Worlds Apart #1-4.

128 pages, Hardcover

590 books72 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
19 (7%)
1 star
1 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 32 reviews
Profile Image for Alex E.
1,298 reviews7 followers
October 3, 2022
Storm is one of those characters that, if you're a long time fan of the X-Men, you kind of take for granted after a while. I mean, she controls the freakin weather, and we get... used to that! But Christopher Yost gives us this story to remind us of how powerful she truly is.

In this part of her life she is not only a core part of the X-Men, but now queen of Wakanda as well. So Cyclops, while on a mission together, asks her what she considers herself more of... in other words, can he count on her to be on the side of mutants if shit hits the fan. She basically gives an answer that she can be all things to all people, then the story shows you how she kinda cant really. She battles the shadow king who has the ability to jump from body to body. Ultimately, Storm must make the choice of taking him down permanently, even going so far as to kill the host body.

This was definitely an interesting character study on Storm, and it showcases not only her powerset, but also her strategic mind, and warrior spirit. I think this book is tailor made for Storm fans, so if you are into this character, you will enjoy the heck out of this book.
Profile Image for Stew.
74 reviews1 follower
February 22, 2016
love a good X-men story and you can't get enough of Storm vs the Shadowking!! ☺
Profile Image for Danneika.
217 reviews6 followers
December 2, 2021
I enjoyed this comic book. My first time reading a comic book on Kindle. BUT overall enjoyed the storyline. And to say I've always been a Storm fan this story just showed even more of a Bada** she really is. To take on the Shadowking and defeat him!!
Profile Image for Chris  - Quarter Press Editor.
706 reviews29 followers
January 8, 2012
Storm was always my favorite X-Man as a kid, and I would be lying if I didn't say that I was disappointed by her lack of badassery in the films. It's good to see that she hasn't been forgotten, and has been recognized for the super-powerful Mutant she is. (Yes, I know how much of my nerd is showing here.)

There isn't much by way of depth or "deep" thoughts here, but it is still an interesting ride, and some decent art to boot. Every now and again, it's nice to step away from the more "serious" graphic novels out there and simply devour some of the good ol' fashioned, superhero fun. This fit the bill just fine.
Profile Image for Tyler Zamora.
147 reviews
December 24, 2020
As someone who loves super heroines and a story centered around a strong willed woman who can kick serious butt, this was one of my favorite graphic novels ever. I’ve always loved Storm, but she really shines in World’s Apart. How has she not had her own series consistently or more storylines like this!? I loved everything going on here. The artwork was colorful and vivid while the writing stayed interesting and true to the characters. After reading this I’m craving even more Storm storylines, so I’m hoping I can find others that match the quality of World’s End. It does a great job of showing the duality in Storm’s character. She is a goddess, queen, wife, vagabond, Xman, superhero, friend, but most importantly she’s human. I highly recommend to anyone who loves X-Men, Black Panther, or female centered comics.
Profile Image for Jesse.
914 reviews9 followers
March 31, 2020
I have avoided this book for years, based on the cheesecakey cover and not caring at all about Storm's marriage to Black Panther. That was apparently a big mistake. This book ruled. It was a really good exploration of Storm's character, her loyalty and self-determination, and her relationships. The art was pretty decent all throughout. The Shadow King is a great villain to pit against her, they have history and her power is not obviously useful against him. She ended up having to take great risks and sacrifices to win. Compelling stuff, and I will definitely be putting it into my bind I'm working on.
Profile Image for Fraser Sherman.
Author 10 books29 followers
May 5, 2017
Maybe 2.5. Yost and Neves are good storytellers, and the set-up — T'Challa possessed and turned against Storm — is solid. But the Shadow King, for all his vaunted power, is a third-tier villain at best, and the constant ruminations on Storm's place in the world didn't work for me. I suspect part of the problem, too, is that I'm reading it long after Storm and T'Challa split, so this loses a lot of oomph (a perennial problem reading older comics collections for the first time).
Profile Image for Loves2Read644.
189 reviews
March 1, 2021
This was great! Reading a comic that focuses on my favorite X-Men Storm was what I needed. I love that this showed a bit of her marriage to T’Challa and how she juggles still being an X-man. Also the struggle she feels about letting her team and the country of Wakanda down. The villain was ok but was more annoying than scary. This makes me what to find as many graphic novels that I can featuring Storm.
Profile Image for Helena.
242 reviews7 followers
September 17, 2019
I really enjoyed this! I've always been intrigued by this villain so this was a fun read for me. I find that most comics tend to downplay Storm's powers by only giving her a couple of moments to shine, which is a shame. This series does an excellent job of showing off Storm's powers and brilliance. This is the Storm I love to see.
Profile Image for Quentin Wallace.
Author 32 books158 followers
December 24, 2019
Storm vs. The Shadow King with the Black Panther and Cyclops in the middle. This wasn't bad but wasn't really great either, but it did have a really cool ending.

If you like Storm and/or the Black Panther I don't think you'll be disappointed with this one.
February 16, 2021
Good read

This is my first time reading a comic. It was hard for me to keep up and figure out how to read it but I eventually figured it out. I started this to get more insight on Storm and now I understand her story a little better.
Profile Image for Sarah.
5 reviews
January 12, 2022
Storm is one of the great leaders in the Marvel universe and this book really shows her skillset as a strong, but empathetic leader who is always thinking 3 steps ahead. The ink/line work is impeccable and I highly suggest that folks swoop this one up soon!
32 reviews
November 28, 2021
Storm got it.

All I can say is storm needs more solo series . She is much better on her own. Love every bit of it.
Profile Image for Eye-ra.
252 reviews2 followers
January 12, 2022
I absolutely loved this art. The main story was good but paired with that art it really amped up the read.
Profile Image for Nadia.
258 reviews12 followers
March 6, 2015
I feel like this book covered some of the same themes that the 1996 Storm miniseries I recently read tried to-but actually did it well. This was written over a decade later and Storm is living in a very different situation but it works-and I think the reason for that is cause of the stage of life that she's in. It's kind of hard not to notice that a lot of stuff I've read about Storm from the 90s on seems to either be about balancing being a leader and her personal life, or people challenging her leadership-which didn't seem like much of a thing in the 80s. At this stage I think it really makes sense for Storm to be questioning her history with the X-Men while she's in Wakanda though at the same time it's only four issues so it couldn't go too deep but I still think this is a solid take on the character for what it is.

3.5
Profile Image for André.
Author 4 books67 followers
August 26, 2009
I was expecting much more from this book. It's still great, as always, to read about Storm, but other than that, the story is pretty straightforward, you don't have time to get into and empathise with what she is feeling. It's a quick succession of decisions and flights, and it's all done. It seems too easy when you consider she is fighting one of the x-men's most powerful enemies. On the other hand, illustrations are good, and sometimes, marvellous. I might consider checking the book again without reading, just following the illustrations.

I'd recommend this book for readers that really want to follow Storm's story but still haven't read a lot of marvel comics.
Profile Image for Dennis Brock.
470 reviews7 followers
October 11, 2016
I love Storm! This was my first reading of a Storm centered story arc and I thought it was great! I won't hide the fact that I love that this character is an African woman, who is a strong leader & warrior. Storm is someone my daughter can look up to, as well as my son! On another note the artwork was amazing! I really loved this style! I can't say enough about it! Overall an enjoyable read & I hope to check out some more stories that feature Storm!
Profile Image for Aine.
350 reviews90 followers
May 1, 2012
I've loved X-Men since I was little. And Storm was always my favorite. I've been on an X-Men kick lately, and reread all my Storm graphic novels. And today I found this one.

I loved this one! It just might be my favorite. And as an added bonus, there are scenes with Storm and T'Challa in the back from older comics.
Profile Image for Gamal Hennessy.
Author 29 books59 followers
May 18, 2015
Decent combination of various threads to craft a story about identity, priorities and sacrifice. Storm is a complex character that deserves more solo stories. Perhaps one day she'll get her own movie.
Profile Image for Miloš.
Author 2 books28 followers
October 3, 2012
Well, drawings are excellent, story to, but Oh my god! A self pity! I can not believe that someone can blame herself for everything...

Only because of that I gave 4 stars.
Profile Image for Maiq.
11 reviews5 followers
December 12, 2012
I've always loved all the Storm-centric stories that Marvel has produced over the years! Storm. A thief. An X-man. A wife. A queen. Can't get more complicated than that!
Profile Image for Rosie.
99 reviews
August 10, 2013
Bit boring, the story is slow and hard to get into. Quite a disappointment but there was some good art here and there. 3 stars.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 32 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.