Start by marking “X-Men: Worlds Apart” as Want to Read:
X-Men: Worlds Apart

X-Men: Worlds Apart

(X-Men: Worlds Apart #1-4)

Over the course of her life, Storm has been many things: A thief. A goddess. An X-Man. A Wife. A Queen. But not until now have these roles come into conflict. When a mutant commits a mysterious murder in Wakanda, Storm takes it upon herself to investigate. And what she discovers will force her into a position where she must choose: Will she stand with the X-Men or with her ...more
Published June 10th 2009 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about X-Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Men

Stew
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love a good X-men story and you can't get enough of Storm vs the Shadowking!! ☺
Fraser Sherman
May 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Maybe 2.5. Yost and Neves are good storytellers, and the set-up — T'Challa possessed and turned against Storm — is solid. But the Shadow King, for all his vaunted power, is a third-tier villain at best, and the constant ruminations on Storm's place in the world didn't work for me. I suspect part of the problem, too, is that I'm reading it long after Storm and T'Challa split, so this loses a lot of oomph (a perennial problem reading older comics collections for the first time).
Nadia
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mutants
I feel like this book covered some of the same themes that the 1996 Storm miniseries I recently read tried to-but actually did it well. This was written over a decade later and Storm is living in a very different situation but it works-and I think the reason for that is cause of the stage of life that she's in. It's kind of hard not to notice that a lot of stuff I've read about Storm from the 90s on seems to either be about balancing being a leader and her personal life, or people challenging he ...more
André
Aug 26, 2009 rated it it was ok
I was expecting much more from this book. It's still great, as always, to read about Storm, but other than that, the story is pretty straightforward, you don't have time to get into and empathise with what she is feeling. It's a quick succession of decisions and flights, and it's all done. It seems too easy when you consider she is fighting one of the x-men's most powerful enemies. On the other hand, illustrations are good, and sometimes, marvellous. I might consider checking the book again with ...more
Chris  - Quarter Press Editor
Storm was always my favorite X-Man as a kid, and I would be lying if I didn't say that I was disappointed by her lack of badassery in the films. It's good to see that she hasn't been forgotten, and has been recognized for the super-powerful Mutant she is. (Yes, I know how much of my nerd is showing here.)

There isn't much by way of depth or "deep" thoughts here, but it is still an interesting ride, and some decent art to boot. Every now and again, it's nice to step away from the more "serious" gr
Dennis Brock
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love Storm! This was my first reading of a Storm centered story arc and I thought it was great! I won't hide the fact that I love that this character is an African woman, who is a strong leader & warrior. Storm is someone my daughter can look up to, as well as my son! On another note the artwork was amazing! I really loved this style! I can't say enough about it! Overall an enjoyable read & I hope to check out some more stories that feature Storm!
Aine
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I've loved X-Men since I was little. And Storm was always my favorite. I've been on an X-Men kick lately, and reread all my Storm graphic novels. And today I found this one.

I loved this one! It just might be my favorite. And as an added bonus, there are scenes with Storm and T'Challa in the back from older comics.
Gamal Hennessy
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Decent combination of various threads to craft a story about identity, priorities and sacrifice. Storm is a complex character that deserves more solo stories. Perhaps one day she'll get her own movie.
Adrienna
I enjoyed the first four reads and artistic work until the last one done in 1990s... didn't like story and artwork was mediocre.

4.5 stars.
Maiq
Dec 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I've always loved all the Storm-centric stories that Marvel has produced over the years! Storm. A thief. An X-man. A wife. A queen. Can't get more complicated than that!
Joshua Ong
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Storm - I think that's enough said.
harlequin {Stephanie}
The art was beautiful. The story was ok.
Miloš
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-books, comics
Well, drawings are excellent, story to, but Oh my god! A self pity! I can not believe that someone can blame herself for everything...

Only because of that I gave 4 stars.
Kerry
Oct 23, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: super-heros
Although I haven't got a clue what's been going on in the X-Men Universe I really enjoyed this one.
Princess De Leon
Storm is awesome \m/
Rosie
Aug 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Bit boring, the story is slow and hard to get into. Quite a disappointment but there was some good art here and there. 3 stars.
Michael
James
Nov 22, 2014
Jun 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

X-Men: Worlds Apart (4 books)
  • X-Men: Worlds Apart (2008-2009) #1 (of 4)
  • X-Men: Worlds Apart (2008-2009) #2 (of 4)
  • X-Men: Worlds Apart (2008-2009) #3 (of 4)
  • X-Men: Worlds Apart (2008-2009) #4 (of 4)