Start by marking “The Everything Toddler Activities Book” as Want to Read:
The Everything Toddler Activities Book

The Everything Toddler Activities Book

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  63 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Keeping toddlers happy and stimulated at the same time isn't easy-as any parent can tell you. But in The Everything Toddler Activities Book, parents find hundreds of exercises that keep youngsters smiling even as they advance their mental and physical growth. Designed to challenge their minds as well as their bodies, these activities include active play, art, and movement ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published June 5th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Everything Toddler Activities Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Toddler Activities Book

Nicola
Jul 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, parenting
Very similar to her "365 Toddler Activities that Inspire Creativity: Games, Projects, and Pastimes That Encourage a Child's Learning and Imagination"; same issues with formatting.
Michelle
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting
This is a nice resource. Some of the ideas are very simple and obvious-seeming (throw balls of socks into a laundry basket to teach hand-eye coordination) and they almost make you want to roll your eyes, but they still got me to think and remember: Sometimes it's the simple and obvious-seeming that is the best for young kids, not fancy, whizzing gadgets or overly complicated crafts. Quality time and creativity are important for toddlers and their parents. So yeah, I've thrown some balls into a b ...more
mrsrou
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of good little ideas in here, some are very simple and things we do all the time, others were simple but we just hadn't thought of or some we had forgotten about it over time.
Jaclyn
May 06, 2011 rated it did not like it
This book may be good for someone who hasn't worked with children before or for a playschool teacher or daycare worker looking for new ideas. For me, however, the activities that are good for my son are already common knowledge (ie: I Spy, Follow the Leader, etc); and the other activites are better suited for groups. Some activities are so cheesy that my two year old would wrinkle his nose.

I did get one great idea for his sandbox, though, so it wasn't a complete loss! There may be one great ide
Barbara
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read several books of this type and this is my favorite by far. Most of the items required for the activities are things I already have on hand. Most of the activities require very little preparation time -- which is great since you don't want to spend 30 minutes preparing an activity for a toddler whose attention span is only 10 - 15 minutes tops. The variety of activities is wonderful. My kids have loved almost all of the activities I have introduced to them from this book.
Marjanne
Oct 28, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents
This is pretty much a just collection of activity ideas for toddlers with some parental philosophy thrown in. There are some that I am excited to try, but I was actually surprised that there wasn't more that I was interested in. I do like all the recipes to make your own playdough/paints/etc.
Jackie Nawrot
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have a 2yo, 3yo and 7yo and this book is full of awesome activities no matter where you are. I now have a nice quiet peaceful house.
Meaghan
Helpful to keep Owen busy. We did a few activities, and this one seems to bridge the two to three year gap better than other "toddler" books I've read recently.
Wendy
Feb 22, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found this book very helpful keeping a toddler occupied, happy, and doing productive things while also caring for a newborn.
Heidi
Oct 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book had LOTS of good toddler activity ideas.
Adam Gilbert-Cole
Jan 01, 2014
Jody
Sep 11, 2015
Caroline Cummings
rated it did not like it
Jan 04, 2017