Start by marking “Stone Cold Surrender (Westmoreland Series #4)” as Want to Read:
Stone Cold Surrender (Westmoreland Series #4)

Stone Cold Surrender (The Westmorelands #4)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  1,655 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Stone Westmoreland had an eye for the ladies. And charm that never failed. He was an experienced player who played for keeps. So who would have guessed that prim and proper Madison Winters could rattle his nerves without even trying? She had him feeling all protective, and all sexed up, too. Before he knew it, Stone had volunteered to help Madison find her mother, who'd go ...more
Published February 1st 2006 by Silhouette (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Stone Cold Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stone Cold Surrender

Chitra *CJ*
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safety-first
Really really sweet love story of Stone and Madison.
Stone or Rock Mason is a world famous writer who's never wanted to get married.
Madison has dealt with a cheating fiancée and is in no mood to repeat the same mistake.
When she can't reach her mother Abby, she decides to go to Corey's mountain to find her and meets Stone in the process.
This was a smooth book. No angst, no hiccups. I was honestly bored in the first half but it got better towards the end.
Super sweet epilogue and glad we have even m
Cheesecake
DNF at about half way. I was bored and didn't particularly care for either MC. Madison was kind of a prude and Stone was just dull.
Lady Raven RAVE!
Just re read this book it was one of the earliest books for the Westmoreland series. I enjoyed it.

Shawnette
Mar 03, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brenda Jackson does it AGAIN, with this ENGAGING love-at-first-sight romantic treat for our reading pleasure. I love reading about the Westmoreland clan. I enjoyed reading about Stone and how he UNWILLINGLY falls in love with the prim, proper and SURPRISINGLY passionate Madison. Mrs. Jackson delivers a short, spicy, Happily-Ever-After for NOT one, but two of the Westmoreland men in this tale. I'm looking forward to the next Westmoreland "fall".
ms bookjunkie
I'm still enjoying these Westmoreland stories. (But…why am I starting to get the feeling of same old, same old? Is BJ another author that should not be glommed? (It's not a bad thing, just a fact of life. Some of my abso-fave authors definitely should not be glommed!))
Stella Hall
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Another awesome book by Brenda Jackson. Can't wait to begin Book 5. I must read them in order so I don't miss them.
Crystal
Great for vacation reading
Kaycee ❤️
Stone Cold Surrender is the fourth installment in the Westmoreland Family Series I loved it but not as much as I loved the second and third book. But I can say that the story line was somewhat refreshing for me. I don't recall having ever read a book where both the heroine and her mother fell in love with two men related to each other.

Madison Winters is a music teacher in Boston and in a mission to find her mother in Montana to convince her to come home or at least to know her reason. I underst
Tamala Stuckey
I did not like this book as much as her others. I loved the backdrop of Montana and the mountains and Yellowstone. It just so happened that I started the book on a flight to that area of the country and was so surprised because I had no idea it would be set there. I think I was able to relate to it more because of that.

I cannot quite put a finger on what it is about this book that was not there for me. It's like that character depth Ive seen in her other Westmoreland books wasn't here.

Also I d
Karen
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Another excellent Westmoreland love story. Stone wrote his own passionate and true love story when he met and fell in love with the Boston city girl, Madison Winters. Although he thought to be a diehard bachelor, meeting Madison while trying to locate her mother proved to be something altogether new and different for him. While trying to teach her about passion, he learned first hand that what his mother predicted about her children finding love at first sight rang true for him as well. Awesome ...more
Lynetta
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keep it Coming

Love at first sight is debatable but in Stone Cold Surrender it is believable. This time Stone Westmoreland makes the connection with his lady love, Madison Winters. Stone, like most of the Westmoreland men, likes his freedom and prefers being single to marriage. Well Stone learns first hand that it's not just a woman's prerogative to have a change of mind. Next!
Tameka
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
It's funny when we open our mouths and say what we will never do. That is exactly what Stone did. Now the he has had a taste of Madison. How is that Stone cane be a eloquent writer but not provide the words to Madison before hand. Hence the reason why they say why put off what you can do today.

The fact Uncle Cory had his mind persuaded by his past history in more than one way.
Shatricia
Aug 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely fell in love with this book. It is by far my favorite of all the Westmoreland series books that I have read. Madison is so relatable to me. I love that she comes into her own as a woman in this book. Storm is my ideal man. Of all the Westmoreland's I think he would be the one that I would choose too. This was just an incredible read
Tigger
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I should stop playing and rate all of Brenda's books with 5 stars!

I am re-reading all of the Westmoreland series getting ready for Bane, yes I know Bailey is coming first, but I have waited for Bane story for YEARS!
Christen
"Desire... Passion... Desire... Passion/desire... And more desire. Plus passion. But still desire... And passion."

This book likely holds a record for the number of times the words "passion" and "desire" are used.
Rebeca Martinez
I did not like this one as much as the previous three books from the Westmoreland series. I honestly can't even tell you made me so disinterested just that I was. I couldn't get into this book the same way I did with Thorns, Dares, and Delaney's story. It was decent but not as great.
Katherine Mills
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bravo

Brenda gives us hope in the fact that true love, romance and passion still exists. She is a fantastic writer and she never ceases to amaze me. I always end up reading her books from cover to cover sometimes greeting the sun.
Dorel
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The reason why I gave this book 4 stars because I enjoyed the secondary storyline more than the main storyline. I thought Madison was the dumbest females to be matched up with Stone he deserved a better woman. Out of the 2 main characters I enjoyed Stone the most.
Rebecca
Beautiful

Madison and Stone are so beautiful. The steamy scenes between them were so sexy. Loved the passion that they had between them. Once again Brenda Jackson wrote a great book. Would highly recommend this book.
Tt
Aug 31, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was good, I really injoyed reading it. The lesson i learned from this book is if something is meant for you it will be for you no matter what unexpectedly comes your way, and nothing can change it.
Connie
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really cute story! Stone Westmoreland, also known as crime/thriller writer, Rock Mason, is on his way to Montana to begin writing his next book. On the plane, he meets Madison, a woman who is gripping his thigh as a result of her fear of flying. I liked the sweet way their relationship developed.
Jennifer Antony
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
Stone was smitten at first-sight with Madison, a terrified tempting woman sits beside him in the plane all the way to Montana. I love the part in the story where every Westmoreland had an love at first sight wedding. That is amazing.

Noirfifre
Sep 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A handsome novel

Fireworks, sparks, rekindled fame... love

The song Collide by Howie Day gives a fair summary of the novel (I believe)
Lashonda Mcwilliams
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Flamable
Shannon
Feb 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Take me up the mountain anytime!!!!!
Sharon
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!!
Sophia
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
liked this book. would read again.
Tameeka Grooms Nicolas
Brenda Jackson is on fire
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Relido em 13 de novembro de 2015
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • Sinful Chocolate
  • Very Private Duty
  • Touch of Heaven (St. James Sisters #1; Mayne Attraction #1)
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • Big Girls Don't Cry
  • Hot Like Fire
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

The Westmorelands (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands, #1)
  • A Little Dare (The Westmorelands, #2)
  • Thorn's Challenge (The Westmorelands, #3)
  • Riding The Storm (The Westmorelands, #5)
  • Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee (The Westmorelands, #6)
  • The Chase Is On (The Westmorelands, #7)
  • The Durango Affair (The Westmorelands, #8)
  • Ian's Ultimate Gamble (The Westmorelands, #9)
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (The Westmorelands, #10)
  • Spencer's Forbidden Passion (The Westmorelands, #11)