Start by marking “Mr. Abernathy” as Want to Read:
Mr. Abernathy

Mr. Abernathy

In 1944, Willy Horvitz was a brilliant young physicist, coerced into leading a Nazi research effort to design a revolutionary new weapon. Haunted throughout his life by the tragic loss of his mother, Willy hoped the loss wouldn’t be repeated if the personal secrets of those he held dear were revealed.

In 2008, Parker Dundee is a brilliant young professor. Sifting through th
Published January 1st 2009 by ddc (first published October 10th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Abernathy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Abernathy

Jann Barber
Oct 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Very clever mystery that takes place in both 1944 and 2008. Espionage, intrigue, physics, and Russian thugs all play a part in the "solution," if you can call it such. The elusive Mr. Abernathy is key to unraveling exactly what is, or what was, going on.

I read quickly the first time because I wanted to know what was going on and how everything would tie together.

A second read made me realize how amazing this book truly is and I can't wait for Mr. Delgrosso's next published works (because I know
Notactuallyme
Oct 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Tony Delgrosso has created believable, likable yet mysterious characters and very interesting situations, both current and historical. He continually ramps up the suspense, making it difficult to put the book down. And the twist at the end is oh so satisfying.

Mr. Abernathy is a lovely story and very well written, and I can't wait for Mr. Delgrosso's next book.
Jeffrey Zeldman
Jan 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Ingenious and haunting metaphysical/sci-fi concept. Didn't see the ending coming, couldn't put the book down. Characters not as fully fleshed out as one would hope, but the propulsion of the plot kept me reading anyway.
T.M.
Jul 14, 2009 rated it liked it
I don't write enough reviews on BookReads. Sometimes it's too easy to just click the stars and move on. But I'd been planning to plug this book on my own site, and figured it'd be worth adding my two cents here as well.

I was excited to see Delgrosso release this book after following it in episodic form on his website. After a topsy-turvy few months earlier this year, I finally had a chance to sit down and read it through over the course of a weekend this past summer.

Delgrosso takes some of the c
Rachelskirts
Sep 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Hopefully I'll remember to come back and write a full review when I'm not sitting in my car at the college parking lot between classes. Meanwhile, I will simply say that the last thirty pages gave me goosebumps. This book was a blast to read, and I don't just say that because I adore the author. Pleeease go buy a copy or three!
Beth Hefferton
Mar 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book. An easy read, with many twists and turns. I found myself really feeling for the characters and caring about how they end up. This book has everything: mystery, romance, science, and Nazis. Loved the ending.

I highly recommend this book.
Julie
Jul 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: sci-fi fans
Recommended to Julie by: Meg
An intriguing read blending sci-fi and a bit of alternate history. I liked the storyline, even if it was a bit predictable, and I liked the characters. I'm really glad I got to read it.
Elizabeth Oporto
Cary
Nov 30, 2009
Farkette
Dec 27, 2009
Tony Delgrosso is a freelance writer and lives in Western New York.