Start by marking “Moon People” as Want to Read:
Moon People

Moon People

2.85  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
"This Book is based on the turning point for Earth into a new era of space travel and the beginning of the Age of Aquarius. The story focuses on one Man by the Name of David Braymer and his adventures from High school teacher to 1st Science Officer on board the Lunar Base 1 Mobile Base Station and his encounters with Alien Life forms through out our universe and the space ...more
Published December 5th 2008 by Xlibris, Corp.

Weinz
Sep 15, 2009 rated it did not like it
There are no words that could describe this book writing collection of words randomly put together on paper. I would like to nominate for execution all self publishers that allow complete piles of putrescence, like this, to be printed and released upon the unsuspecting public. I don't want punishment for these people I want professional concentrated torture. The Geneva Convention be damned, these people deserve it all. I want medieval torture to look like spa day after they are done.

As for poor
Neil
Oct 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Moon People has reshaped my literary perceptions. After reading the heroic story of Captain David Braymer, 1st Science Officer of the space ship USS Lunar Base One, I feel as if I have been unbound from the restraints put in place by a dozen English teachers. "Amazing", I said to myself, when I realized the linguistic flexibility that comes from releasing character speech from its quotation marks. There is a certain joy that comes with exercising the freedom to end a sentence on any punctuation, ...more
furious
Jul 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of experimental literature
Shelves: self-pub, borrowed
i've only just begun reading Moon People, but so far it is nothing short of a radical reworking of literary form. it is like a novel written by someone who has never read a novel. any & all conventions of the English language in its written form are either completely disregarded, or mutated to fit into Dale M. Courtney's singular worldview. let me give a quick example. this is a painstakingly accurate excerpt from the beginning of Chapter 8 - Saying Good-Bye:

Then David said by Monday Hallowe
David
Jan 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction-scifi
'Voyage of the Dawn Treader' begins with "There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it".

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times" launches 'A Tale of Two Cities'.

Dale Courtney's literary masterpiece 'Moon People' opens thusly:
"This Story Begins on a beautiful sunny day in Daytona Beach Florida with a man by the name of David Braymer. A 45-year-old single man that works at the local high school as a science teacher. He also teaches astronomy in the 12-grad
kory kuhlmann
May 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
There is no book like it.
Some books are hard to read when distracted but Moon People is better one 3 page chapter per sitting.
There is no way all the grammatical errors are by accident and hope someday to brake the code contained within them.
Everyone who writes should try to read this book and than hug their first reads and their editors just in case I am wrong about the whole secret code thing.
I liked the story more than Twilight. Some questions seemed unresolved but that is okay because there
Essa Alroc
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you are only going to read one book this year, make it Moon People! This book is the literary equivalent of “Wheel of Fortune”. You will feel smarter for having read it. Much, much smarter.

You know, by comparison.

The author is either crazy, 8 years old, or an evil genius. Maybe all three. If this book were an entrée, it would be paired with pabst blue ribbon or a nice gallon of Allen’s coffee brandy.
Sean
Jul 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Amazing. A timeless example of how to not write.
EricS_E1
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: sci-fi
There had never been a book more influential to me as Dale M. Courtney's masterpiece, Moon People, not only reshaping my literary perceptions but also disobeying all rules of writing in such a beautiful manner. This book is about the protagonist, David, and his contact with extraterrestrial life forms. The theme of this book is that even at a time as sophisticated as ours, humans still make horrendous mistakes and nurture disasters. A real-world example is how this book got published. I would re ...more
Erin
Nov 06, 2014 rated it did not like it
I do not like to give one star ratings, but this book did not even earn so much as one star.

I started out proof-reading my physical copy of this book because of the awful writing (or, as some have said, jumbled words). However, with the amount of corrections I was making per page, I would not have finished correcting this book within this year. It is only seventy-nine pages long.

I have never before read a book that forgoes the use of quotation marks around speech. I have never read a book wher
Anita
Mar 12, 2017 added it
I have never gotten so much enjoyment out of 80 pages in my whole life. The "Plan 9 from Outer Space" of literature.
Alyssa Zulueta
Jun 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
I haven't read this book yet but from the excerpts that I've read, this "book" is full of grammatical errors and the author capitalizes a random word. I'm a writer myself and while my English may not be perfect, at least I sort of have an excuse. For one, English is not my first language and I'm sorry to say this but I can write better than Dale M. Courtney. I can see why this book is self-published because, while I don't know how publishing works, this manuscript would've been rejected by eve ...more
Loralee
Nov 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
This is not a book for me. The storyline itself is very imaginative, but there are grammatical errors and spelling errors throughout, and the storyline is too hard to swallow for me. I was unable to suspend my disbelief.
Kanha Batra
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you had a bad day check this out http://www.flipkart.com/moon-people-3...
Lynn
Apr 05, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: wish-i-hadn-t
Going to read this one. I was laughing hysterically reading all the reviews on Publishers Weekly, Amazon, etc. I can hardly wait to see this "master peace" for myself!
Dwayne Fry
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recently, an astronomer friend of mine posted something about this book on facebook. The article posted claimed it to be the worst book ever written. I was intrigued and decided to give it a read. 24 hours later, I could not bring myself to declare it the worst book ever written as I have not, to this date, read every book written. I can easily declare it the worst book I have ever read. To call this book sophomoric would be an insult to anything truly sophomoric. Throughout most of this book, I ...more
Cariad Eccleston
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: science-fiction fans who want to experience a whole new level of story-telling
Shelves: sci-fi
Before anything else, I rate stories on how much I enjoyed them. The quality of the writing is secondary to the escapism.

And... oh boy, Moon People has its problems, but I loved it. It can be hell figuring out what's going on, but I just couldn't stop turning the pages.

And c'mon, some credit is deserved for my all-time favourite apostrophe catastrophe in "Mar's".

I really do hope Dale M. Courtney isn't taking the hate to heart. If he can focus on the constructive criticism and keeping working on
Tiffany
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full disclosure: this is possible the worst book ever written. That said, my siblings and I read it aloud together and had such a fun time. The grammar, spelling, and word errors are so egregious that it is quite hilarious.
Jake Duffie
Jun 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
This is the best-worst piece of writing-garbage that I've ever read. Hilarious.
Steve Alspach
Jun 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
As Plan 9 from Outer Space is to the cinema, and the Shaggs' Philosophy of the World is to music, so Moon People is to literature. If you expect quality in your reading material, steer clear of this one. If you like "so bad it's good," this will be right up your alley.

First off, hats off to Dale Courtney. He did write a book. The closest I ever came was my Master's thesis, and it was only 50 pages. So, I'm hesitant to slag anyone's attempt at writing. God love ya, Dale.

But EESH! I don't even kn
Nicolas Quattromani
Jan 08, 2016 rated it liked it
I could not choose between giving this book one star, because it's terrible, or giving it five stars, because it is so terrible that it has achieved a weird sort of perfection, and so I decided to split the difference and award three stars. Now, the thing about Moon People is that it is perhaps the worst novel ever written in the English language, assuming of course that the disjointed, inept prose within counts as English. Seriously, it is bad. The punctuation is erratic at best (Dale M. Courtn ...more
Incy
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Like this book ALOT! ITs the moon people and there great approximately mile long moon bases that really make the story. I also liked Cheral and also her smile and I was sad when there wasnt moor story about the romence but David had to go to the moon. I saw that lot's of other people also really liked this story but some people got really angry and some people made fun of the bad grammer and spelling of stuff thinking theyr real clever but they weren't because of not understanding it was a total ...more
Jason Clark
Dec 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
I apologize for breaking the sarcastic witty review streak that you wonderful people strung on for so long. However, I refuse to play along for honesty's sake. I'd hate for someone to believe this novel is anything more than what it really is; __________.

Fill in the blank with a synonym of feces. Any variant. Surprise me.
Airaduin
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book's grammar will haunt me for the rest of my days. Thank you for reminding me that dialogue needs quotation marks!
Tracy Furr
Nov 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
A punctuation nightmare.
For example: Mar's moon
Julio
Apr 18, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: do-not-read
Worthless piece of garbage... I want a refund
George Root
Aug 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
I won't be one of those people to give this a five-star rating is clearly does not deserve
Mia
rated it did not like it
Dec 01, 2012
John V
Sep 12, 2017
Heather Frasier
Jun 28, 2015
Conor O'brien
Jan 05, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
What's the lowest-rated book you have come across on Goodreads? 1 11 Feb 25, 2014 09:13PM
Please check out the second edition of Moon People 1 37 Jul 11, 2011 07:53AM