Start by marking “It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2)” as Want to Read:
It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2)

It's Not Summer Without You

(Summer #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  101,582 ratings  ·  5,008 reviews
Belly finds out what comes after falling in love in this follow-up to The Summer I Turned Pretty from the New York Times bestselling author of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (soon to be a major motion picture!), Jenny Han.

Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach?

It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Be
Published April 27th 2010 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about It's Not Summer Without You, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Andrea It means that, kind of. If you read the third book you will understand it perfectly
Lexi Jenkins No it isn't. The Summer I turned Pretty is the first book :)

·  101,582 ratings  ·  5,008 reviews

Start your review of It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2)
Nic
For helpful visuals of Conrad and Jeremiah: http://irresistiblereads.blogspot.com...

Favourite Quote: "I stared at him. Did he really say that? Did he remember? The way he looked back at me, one eyebrow raised, I knew he did. And this time, I was the one to look away.
Because I remembered. I remembered everything."

Don't you love it when the second book in a series is way better than the first? That is the case with It's Not Summer Without You. I enjoyed The Summer I Turned Pretty but sometimes founds the characters are little annoying. But in this instQuote:
Maureen
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5/5
Belly was more obnoxious in this book and the love triangle was hit SO HARD but I still really liked it.
Regan
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-owned-read
Man.... So many ups and downs. I feel so attached to everyone, and I feel like they are real people dealing with real struggles. It's a nice change.
Whitney Atkinson
Jul 27, 2015 rated it liked it
This didn't even feel like a real book. It was just a continuation of the last one which ended kinda abruptly, so this series is probably meant to be read back-to-back to make it seem like all one storyline. I definitely liked book one way more. In this there's just SO much angst and going back and forth and everyone's emotions were haywire. But I do love Belly. She's selfish and childish in a way that i'm sure some people hate, but to me, it's completely relatable. It's her flaw, and it makes h ...more
Claudia Ramírez
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
I didn't liked it as much as the first one. Belly is starting to piss me off and don't make me talk about Conrad, I can barely stand him.

Jeremiah, Laurel and Susannah are my faves <3.
kari
Jun 15, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010, ya
Aj the Ravenous Reader
What the what?! I finished the second book without realizing it. It felt like I have just started and then suddenly it’s done?! I guess that’s how addicted I am in Ms. Han’s writing. The second book is a lot gloomier than the first now that the glue that supposedly holds the characters together is now gone. Even I miss her too. *Sniffs*

The second installment has become more mature than the first book. The conflicts a lot more complicated and the love triangle has become deeper and m
Kat
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-2
Short and bring on the angst! Another year has come and gone and things are not quite so rosy for our summer crowd. We knew Susannah was sick last year, and with her gone, everyone is having trouble coping. We ended “The Summer I turned Pretty” with Conrad and Belly finally, maybe being a thing, but with Conrad’s mother passing away, of course that’s going to throw things into turmoil. It was interesting the way the love triangle between the brothers began to slowly grow during this one. Conrad ...more
Carrie
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han is the second book of the young adult contemporary Summer series. This one picks up a year after the end of the first book as summer is beginning again.

During the past year away from Cousins Beach Belly and all the boys have gone back to their lives away from one another. Finally however Belly had gotten Conrad's attention and thought things were looking up when something devastating happens to them all.

After the event that chang
Zoë
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5/5
This was definitely a more somber and emotional read than The Summer I Turned Pretty, but I really liked it! I couldn't give it a full 5/5 because I still think Belly is annoying and childish at times which bothers me, but I read the whole book in about four hours! If you loved the first book like I did, definitely read this one!
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Re-read 8/12/17: This was super cute, but I definitely don't feel quite as enamored with this series as I did when I first read it. I'm keeping my 4 star rating because I did thoroughly enjoy this, but I definitely have some issues with how annoying Belly is and how Conrad is NOT the business.

Original read 5/7/14: I loved this one so much more than the first book. Oh, my heart. I've fallen in love with Jenny Han's writing style. Also on a less serious note DAT LAST PAGE THO
Rachel Reads Ravenously
These books are terrible and yet I cannot stop reading them.
Hershey
A splendid summer read

Cousins Beach was Belly's home. It was the only place she ever thought of. Every summer she visits the Cousins Beach but this time things have changed. Susannah, her mother's best friend had passed away and summer at Cousins Beach was no more. Why? Because Susannah was the only person who linked all of them together. Without her, it wouldn't be a perfect summer.

Belly has grown in this book. She's no more pouting and throwi☀
Cristina
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shoot me now! 🙄
This book was even worse than the first one. Why does Belly bave to be so undecided and why does Conrad has to be such an ass?!
I'm still team Jeremiah! All the way. I was so glad when I saw that some chapters were written from his point of view. 😍
But then Conrad ruined everything! Just like he always does.
Jessie
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

I'm really surprised I actually liked this, Belly's still immature, but she didn't bother me as much. Plus, something actually happened in this book, I'm addicted here. (view spoiler) It's also nice to see more of Jeremiah, since he was this really bland character in The Summer I Turned Pretty.

CONRAD <3

On to We'll Always Have Summer! Woohoo!
Raeleen Lemay

I wasn't a huge fan of this one... Belly was WAY more annoying and childish, and it was a chore to read about her. However, the ending was good and I feel like the last book will be better because she seems like she's finally done lusting after Conrad, which was part of what made her so annoying.
Bri
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THAT ENDING THO!!!!! AHHH
Kate (GirlReading)
3.5*

This series is the definition of a 'summery read'. It makes me regret all the summers I didn't spend at a gorgeous beach house, eating blueberry muffins, swimming in the ocean whilst having multiple cute guys falling in love with me.... :')

I had a lot of mixed emotions about each of the characters and I kind of loved that. They're all flawed and just so, human! Although Belly and Conrad were definitely a little irritating at times. :') The ending felt very abrupt which was a bit
Fenia
What the f***? What just happened? How will i deal with this? Oh i know. read the next book ASAP.

This book made me an emotional mess. I can't even write a proper review. Damn you Jenny Han!!
Aly (Fantasy4eva)
Mar 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those who haven't fallen in love with a book for a long time.
It would seem Cousins Beach, where Belly, Conrad, Jeremiah, Susannah and Belly's mother spent every summer to date isn’t done with them quite yet.

Belly is grieving two losses, one being her mothers best friend Susannah who was a mother figure to her, and Conrad who never really called back or initiated any interest after she left. Worse still, her mother seems to be in a world of her own, a world that Belly isn’t a part of. With her best friend forcing her to move on, and her mother
Leslie
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
That last page! OMG! What?!

I need the last book NOW.
Brooke
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Picture in your mind a summer road trip, windows down and the breeze blowing in with the radio up. Picture tires slowing rolling onto a sandy driveway with a slight gritty sound. There's a house in front of you, somewhat rustic and chipped. You get out of the car, walk up the steps you've walked up so many summers onto a wrap around porch. Inside you hear people's voices. Not just any voices but the voices of the people who have molded you into you. You open a creaky screen door which reminds yo ...more
Grace (BURTSBOOKS)
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I've grown up reading this series over and over again and I loved it this time around just as much as I remember. Belly is still the most annoying yet loveable character around. Conrad is still insufferable. Jeremiah still deserves better. Reading about these characters feels like being wrapped in a warm blanket. I don't care that this book is the exact opposite of my current tastes this series is like an old friend and I will never not love it. For me, It's not summer without this book series.
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James
Jun 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everybody!
Recommended to Tanja (Tanychy) by: Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
I know i'm boring with this "You have to read this book" .. but you really have to! :)
Liz
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
(Heads up: Probably not a good idea to read this review before you've read The Summer I Turned Pretty as this is Book 2 in the Summer series. Cheers!)

I was warned that I would cry, but MAN I was not expecting that.

It's very apparent in this book that the relationship between Belly and Conrad is not a healthy one. It's mentioned at least 3 times that she would come running if he called her. Add the fact that Susannah's passed away and it adds another layer of sadness and darkness. Th
Ioanna ms✨
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-read
4.5
Ah, so good!
Danielle Choffrey
Apr 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
It is a known fact that I did not care for the first book. I wasn't able to connect with Belly. The way she would string along all the guys in her life irritated me beyond belief. Not only that but she came across as self centered and childish. I don't think she changed much from the first book.

This book finds Belly and Jeremiah in search for Conrad. Their search leads them to Cousins Beach. When they find Conrad everyone has decisions to make that will forever change them.

While writing that s
Michele Mattos
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I decided to reread The Summer Series this year and it's just as good as the first time. This book is the second one - it's not as good as the first one but it's still pretty good. Belly is slightly more annoying and the love triangle between two brothers made me feel more uncomfortable than the first time around, maybe because I'm older now, but I seriously can't put these books down.

I know "annoying" is not the best way to describe a main character but that's the word that comes to mind. She'
Bea Casallecchio
May 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Okay, so this book trilogy was recommended to me by a friend, she said this book was AMAZING. (She read it years ago)
The first book was a little meh. But this one, oh god.
Its too childish i think. The typical love triangle, between two brothers and the girl. The girl switches from guy to guy, and is confused.
I mean, its cute and all, but i feel like its an overly used cliche.
Don't get me wrong I LOVE Jenny Han, but this trilogy... is disappointing me. Still i will read the thi
Nana
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The summers that Belly has looked forward to for the whole of her life will never be the same again. This summer, Belly is facing a boring summer at her own home with Taylor. So when she gets the phone call saying that Conrad has disappeared, she jumps at the chance to find him and see the Fisher boys again. But she has a choice to make.

Things have changed a lot since the last book. Belly is older, the boys' lives are drastically different

I love Jenny Han's writing, I als

• Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
  • Endless Summer (The Boys Next Door, #1-2)
  • Sixteenth Summer (Sixteenth Summer #1)
  • Five Feet Apart
  • The Fill-In Boyfriend
  • Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)
  • My Life Next Door
  • Second Chance Summer
  • On the Fence
  • Todo lo que somos juntos (Deja que ocurra, #2)
  • Tú y otros desastres naturales
  • The Distance Between Us
  • Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
  • Twenty Boy Summer
  • Marfil (Enfrentados, #1)
  • 99 Days

Summer (3 books)
  • The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)
  • We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3)
“I will never look at you in the same way ever again. I'll never be that girl again. The girl who comes running back every time you push her away, the girl who loves you anyway.” 840 likes
“How do you regret one of the best nights of your entire life? You don't. You remember every word, every look. Even when it hurts, you still remember.” 743 likes