Start by marking “Naked Dragon (Works Like Magick, #1)” as Want to Read:
Naked Dragon (Works Like Magick, #1)

Naked Dragon

(Works Like Magick #1)

This national bestselling sensation has some new tricks up her sleeve...

First in the Works like Magick series!

The Works like Magick Employment Agency has a reputation for perfectly matching clients with magical temps. So when McKenna Greylock requests a handyman, the gorgeous Bastian Dragonelli arrives to repair her B&B- and fire up her bedroom.
Mass Market Paperback, 302 pages
Published January 5th 2010 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Naked Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naked Dragon

Catherine
When I looked at this series this book wasn't the first one to catch my eye. I actually wanted to read the second book in the series, Bedeviled Angel. I have a bit of a love affair with angels. Because of my series order OCD I had to read this one first. It was no big deal though, I love dragons too. After reading this one I can safely say that I won't be reading the next book. This author is way too silly and over the top for me.

I liked the beginning of the book. It was actually pretty cute. Be
Holly
haha. Not what I was expecting. At all. This kept me entertained, I guess. And that thing about his "thing" *raises eyebrows* Oy vey. I don't think even Angela Knight traveled down that road. I didnt know whether to laugh or cry.
Darcy
Mar 01, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010, pnr, shifters
I knew nothing about this book or author when I picked it up, but was looking for a book that would help me complete a challenge, and frankly didn't expect much from it. So imagine my surprise when this book turned out to be a fun campy book that had me in fits of giggles with all the talk about the man lance. If you are looking for a light, fun, easy read that is heavy on the sexual innuendo this is the perfect book.

McKenna comes from a long line of witches, however she does not have any powers
Sandy M
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been a fan of Annette Blair’s since her first witch trilogy, and I loved every one of those books through two series. Her humor is her mainstay, something you know will be in every story and will keep you entertained throughout the read, as well as her imagination that gives you charming characters in various storylines, all of which are wrapped in magic. You cannot go wrong with an Annette Blair book.

What I love most about this book is not only Bastian himself, sexy, naked dragon that he i
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
A dragon/turned man, Bastain, falls from the sky into a circle of witched. He looks like a cross between Hugh Jackman & Jeffery Dean Morgan. A woman Vivica who is another witch collects him & brings him to her employment agency "Works Like Magick" Okaaaay... Good so far. He is very literal and requires training. Bastians origins are more complex, but why waste time explaining.

Vivica hires him out as a handyman to her cousin McKenna, a Red haired Fat girl who wear flowered hippie caftans
Mary
Apr 23, 2010 rated it did not like it
Hm, where can I start about just how bad this book was? Can I find anything good about it? Maybe the cover. I needed a book for a long flight, picked it up in the airport, and it just made the flight that much longer. The "dragon" guy goes from picking up ideas quickly just by reading a book, but then the author has him revert back to his caveman me-not-know-what-you-say moron state, unless he talks about his "man-lance," a reference to which appears on practically every page. I needed some wine ...more
Carolyn F.
Oh boy - I wanted to like this book but it just didn't happen. It was like Henny Youngman took over the body of the heroine McKenna and she just wouldn't stop. Bastian doesn't understand slang, so she keeps using it constantly. All I needed was a snare drum. Bastian was not only slow in understanding slang, but "slow" in a slow way. I like humerous books like Katie MacAlister's but not this one. I don't think I'll be reading her books anytime soon.
SheLove2Read
Apr 08, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
I'm sure this was intended to be a lighthearted, somewhat campy paranormal romance. It did have a few cute LOL moments but overall I found it to be a juvenile effort. I probably won't be reading any more of Blair's work if this is indicative of what to expect.
OpenBookSociety.com
Review brought to you by OBS staff member Heidi

Beware of spoilers

The dragons were all taken from the Earth and banished to the Island of the stars by an evil sorceress, Killian. The Goddess of Hope, Andra, is trying to turn the dragons back to human form one by one and send them back to Earth; each with their own mission.

The first to be turned is the Alpha Dragon, Bastian, and his mission is to find his heart mate. If he fails his brother dragons will not be able to come back to Earth and Andra
Calisto
Apr 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
So Bastian is a Roman soldier cursed into another dimension as a dragon. He's returned to this plane by a goddess and has to save his fellow dragon-Roman soldiers from some evil sorceress or something. McKenna has body image issues, money issues and is in desperate need of a handyman to help her fix up her B&B. Enter her witchy cousin Vivica who is sets these two up because...well it's magic and a romance, so why not.

The only way I can really describe this story is - weird. I didn't love it
Deena
Anita
Jan 12, 2011 rated it liked it
This is a paranormal romance, through and through. If you hate the soul mate formula, don't bother picking up this book. It's the literary equivalent of Cheetos or Pixie Stix - nothing to brag about consuming, but so yummy when you're in the mood for them. The writing in this book is so-so, the story predictable and clichéd, but I still enjoyed reading it.

This book is about a drop-dead gorgeous dragon shifter from another plane of existence who is transported to Salem, MA with a mission to help
D. Alexx Miller
Jan 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Naked Dragon - Review by Doni
5/5 Screams from the Backseat

A Sliver of Hope
“On the Island of Stars, on a plane beyond ours, A Roman legion exists.
Cursed for performing their duty with spirit and might… One Dragon per phase might be turned and sent back.”

And so begins the story of the Naked Dragon, the first in the Works Like Magick series. I hope there are many more to come. Annette Blair is an awesome writer. When I read her books, I get lost in the magick. I can put myself in the world(s) th
Laurie Garrison
Aug 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Annette Blair has an unique writing style, her books are full of humor, magic, animals (cats mostly), and romance.

What would you do when you hire a handyman, then find him in your basement destroying your B&B foundation? Well, you have to read to she what McKenna does…

****very few spoilers below****

This book was really good.. Both McKenna and Bastian has there own body problems to over come with each other, I will say Bastian has the biggest because its his manhood!! I have never read anyt
Tiffany
Feb 05, 2010 rated it did not like it
I read so many rave reviews about this that I was really excited to read it. Boy what a disappointment! Apparently I am not a fan of paranormal romance. Urban fantasy yes. Paranormal romance no.

Reading about a prehensile dragon tail shaped and scaled "man lance" over and over and over again was ridiculous, not sexy! The story line only existed to serve as a rumpled sex den for the hero and heroine. The caliber was an insult to my intelligence. Good grief.
Cindyg
Sep 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Light, fun read that got better as it went on. I enjoyed the characters; Kenna and Bastian. Bastian was so much fun and one hell of a looker too. Kenna was a strong, determined women who lacked self confidence in herself and so she built walls and Bastian was man enough to break those walls down.
Good read...recommend it.
Elle
Feb 18, 2010 rated it did not like it
Ugh. Not for me. Not for me at all.

I got to page 41 of 178. So I don't think it's fair for me to add a rating.

This was my first Annette Blair book and I was a big fan of her writing style (among other things) so I won't be eager to read another one of her books anytime soon.
Carlena
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Man lance and scales. Thats all im gonna say.
Melody
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
This was really funny. The tissue box wearing cat. The popsicle stick eating fish out of water dragon man hero.
But why on earth were his wings located at hip height if flying supposedly gave him great chest muscles?
Why was the end so rushed?
Why did they introduce a new dragon refugee hero at the end if the next book is about some angel and the handsome dragon never shows again?
Why were the love scenes so brief after such a big build up?

Again the book was funny but there was so much more that co
Kristen Scott
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was at my house for years intill I have grown and
I left and I found this village and they said that
They were going to get a tack so I started to go
And find who was a tacking them but he didn't
Find the person but they said it wasent a
Person so they said it was a naked. So then he
Herd something breathing and he turned around
And he saw the dragon and it was flying to the town an then
He cut him in the throat and the naked dragon was dead
Jessie
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a decent paranormal romance. The story was cute, if unsurprising. The word choices, however, were off-putting. I get that a non-human male might use different terminology, but every time he mentioned his "lance" it threw me out of the story.
Carmen Alicea
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need more!

This story is fun and had me so excited to see what happens next. The characters are funny and engaging. They share a great friendships. This is a must read!
TinaMarie
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie  G
Bastian Dragonelli hasn't been human for centuries. His mission is to find his heart mate and help her with her life mission. The goal is to spread hope which will help to defeat the evil sorceress Killian. If he succeeds, his brothers will be allowed to come to Earth one by one from the Island of Stars to set out on their own mission. If he fails, he and all his brothers will die. When he lands on Earth he meets Vivica Quinlan who's employment agency, Works Like Magick, will teach him how to li ...more
Mrs. Missive
Jan 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2011
This book...wow. This book just did nothing for me. I get that this book was supposed to be funny. I get that Bastian, our main character dragon shifter, was supposed to be ignorant about human ways after being a dragon for so long. But it just didn't come together for me as a story.

We were beaten over the head repeatedly with the fact that Bastian was stupid. A few scenes with him getting confused would have been more than sufficient. Instead we heard endlessly about him wanting to eat the cat,
Michelle Greathouse
Dec 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Naked Dragon is the first book in the Works Like Magick Novels by Annette Blair.

Book Blurb:

As owner of the Works Like Magick Employment Agency in Salem, Massachusetts, Vivica Quinlan has a gift for perfectly matching clients with magical temps that works like a charm every time...

McKenna Greylock contacts Vivica in desperate need of a jack-of-all-trades handyman to help repair her Victorian bed-and-breakfast. She has a shoestring budget and ninety days to meet the building inspector's approval -
Felicia (Ferishia)
Mandy
McKenna Greylock is about to loose her family farm because she's not able to make the payments on mortgage that they had to take out when her grandmother was ill. She has ninty days to turn her farm into her dream bed and breakfast or else she will lose it all to the bank. So she hires a handyman to help her get the place ready. She didn't know that she would be getting a dragon for a handyman, and he would change her life forever.

Bastian Dragonelli hasn't been in the world of humans for long b
Jenny Delandro
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dragon-romance
Bastian comes through he 'veil' with a pixie and tiny blue guardian dragon that only he can see....
He must succeed in his quest for his brothers to come through the veil after him (only on a eclipse)

McKenna is transforming her ancestral home into a B&B to allow her to keep it in the family... but she has no money and needs a handyman

She has no family although Bastian can see the property is haunted by the spirits of her family..
She shares a close relationship with Lizzie and her family ... c
Barbara ★
This book was even funnier than Sandra Hill's Viking series. Bastian is not a man who can shift to dragon but a dragon who was forcibly shifted to man. He has serious trouble adjusting to Earth though he is a fast learner. His quest is to find his heart mate and make her quest his own in order to save his brother dragons back home from Killian, the evil Crone of Chaos.

How can you not like a guy with this sense of humor? Bastian arrives on Earth and instantly has these thoughts: So this is rescue
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: #4 - Naked Dragon by Annette Blair 1 4 Jan 07, 2014 05:47PM

• Dark Embers (Dragon's Heat, #1)
  • Lucan (Pendragon Legacy #1)
  • Dragon Heat (Dragon, #1)
  • Breath of Fire
  • Velvet Haven (Annwyn Chronicles, #1)
  • Dragon's Blood (Cruentus Dragons, #1)
  • Claimed by the Wolf (Shadow Guardians, #1)
  • Whisper Kiss (Dragonfire, #5)
  • Dragon Down Under (Dragon Down Under, #1)
  • Dragon Blues
  • Dragon's Fire (Shadow of the Dragon, #2)
  • Eternal Prey (Gods of the Night #3)
  • Never Again (Wizards of Nevermore, #1)
  • Love in the Time of Dragons (Light Dragons #1)
  • Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)
  • His Darkest Hunger (Jaguar Warriors, #1)
  • Wings of Change (Dragon Knights, #4.5)
  • Howling for My Baby (Cannon Pack, #1)
Annette Blair's romantic comedies owe their beginnings to a root canal and a reluctant trip to Salem Massachusetts. Though she had once proclaimed she'd never write a contemporary, she stumbled into the serendipitous role of Accidental Witch Writer on that trip. Funny how she managed to eat her words even with an aching jaw. Magic or destiny; Annette's Bewitching Romantic Comedies became her first ...more

Works Like Magick (3 books)
  • Bedeviled Angel (Works Like Magick, #2)
  • Vampire Dragon (Works Like Magick, #3)