Start by marking “The Love Revolution” as Want to Read:
The Love Revolution

The Love Revolution

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  615 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
Joyce Meyer is not satisfied with the status quo. She believes that we each need to become a revolutionary and practice love every day. And if Joyce has her way, the revolution will spread - person by person, house by house, town by town, until the old culture of selfishness and greed gives way to a new culture of concern for others.

The book is a revolutionaries' manual,
Published September 22nd 2009 by FaithWords (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Love Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Love Revolution

Kayce
Sep 10, 2009 rated it did not like it
I was not a fan of this book. This was the first book I read by Joyce Meyer and I won it in a GoodReads giveaway.

I'm not sure how you give a bad review to a Christian themed book...I've read a lot of Christian non fiction before and I have liked all the books I've read. Until now.

This book discusses a Love Revolution. Joyce describes the issues in the world today with hunger, child prostitution, the poor and needy, those that abuse alcohol and drugs, etc. She calls Christians to rise up and sh
Penny
Aug 31, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: giveaway-shelf
I had such high hopes for this book. I was so excited when I won it in the goodreads giveaway. I've studied International Development and have always believed that each person must take action to help contribute in solving overwhelming problems related to poverty among others.

I apologize in advance to the author and those that enjoyed this book but to gloss over my review on the fear of hurting the author's feelings would be disingenuous and serve no purpose. The funny thing is I agree fundamen
Holly
Aug 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christians looking for new inspiration
Recommended to Holly by: First Reads
I feel so blessed to have won this book through the First Reads program! My mom has always been a Joyce Meyer fan, but this is the first book I have read of her collection. I truly enjoyed this book from cover to cover.

Though an easy read, I took my time with this one because there was so much to reflect on. The way The Love Revolution is written in segments makes it easy to leave off and pick up pretty much at any point. I can even see this book being used as a devotional for church groups or
Debbie
Sep 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The Love Revolution is an excellent Scripture-based, God-focused book. If you questioned her past theology, I urge you to give this book a chance. If you liked her past books, definitely get this one as well!

I'd summarize this book's message as being 'the fulfillment of our faith in Christ is following his example (and showing our appreciation for the mercy he has shown us) by showing that love and mercy to others.' She teaches a Biblical, balanced view of how to do life.

The book is written in a
Jessica
Won this book through the Firstreads program and I'm so happy I did. What a wonderful and inspirational book. Not in the least bit preachy, Meyer (and several guest writers) talks about the importance of doing everything with love. The book discusses how critical it is that we "refuse to do nothing" by stepping outside of our comfort zone to help others the way God would wish, whether they are strangers, enemies, or loved ones.

She talks about how each thing we do with love, although we may view
Bridget
Oct 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Love isn't just something you feel, it's something you do. Loving is contagious just like hate. Surrounding yourself with loving people will enrich your life. At the same time, surrounding yourself with people who hate can be can lead you on a downward spiral. Each individual has the opportunity to make this life better. Everyday we are faced with obstacles and some of us take that opportunity and turn it into something great. Others, turn it into something dreadful. The smallest gesture can bri ...more
Natalie
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite Joyce Meyer book by far. It's on my top for all time favorite Christian books. First of all, the topic is powerful - a love revolution. A Love Revolution is EXACTLY what our society needs! We need to truly revolutionize the way we love and the way we treat people. I love this book because it gives so many examples of what love LOOKS like.Many times we want to show love, we want to be better at loving more, but are not sure how to practically make that happen. What does this k ...more
Adrienna
audio book. Joyce Meyer delivers a well-needed book on love and how to make a revolution in our society to do and care for others as Jesus has commanded us to do. She also shares surreal stories when she tried to help others by paying for something, offering money or other gifts and how people refused them. She felt as if she did something bad, but knew it was from God to give to them in the first place. She wants to also share that we need to help others in third-world countries and ministry ev ...more
Ragy Nekhela
May 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
what a great book. It talks about making a revolution in our lives and choose to love people and take a decision to make a difference to them. First, some shocking statistics about the amounts and percentages of the most violent and dreadful crimes and famines all over the world, especially in poor countries. That book is full of encouragement for the missionary work. Then the author shares with valuable ideas to share the love revolution to people in our everyday life.

Really an amazing book.

Re
Christopher
Feb 13, 2010 rated it it was ok
I was very pleased that such a popular author and speaker wrote a book on the importance of Christians being inolved in social justice. Unfortunately, though, her presentation struck me as cheesy and made it hard to swallow even though I agreed with almost everything she said. I wish it was better written as I would love to be able to recommend it to my friends. Some of her books are really good, but this one just didn't do it for me.
Linda
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you care what God says about the poor? There are over 2000 scriptures where God is speaking about the poor, needy and orphans,therefore I think this issue is important for God and it should be the priority for His people also. A must read for every Christian.
Pam
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What's the difference between a revival and a revolution? Joyce Meyer digs deep into this question in this book. She reveals her belief that the Christian church, mainly the Christian church in the United States, is losing members because it needs a radical change. In her opinion, which she offers with well-researched statistics and examples, the church has lost its focus on its foundation of love. Jesus' basic teachings of love, unselfishness, patience, generosity, kindness, and forgiveness hav ...more
pianogal
Jan 18, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a pretty good book - but I feel like some of it should be put into an Advanced section for the veteran Love Revolutionary. I mean, she's talking about overseas missions and rescuing folks from slums and child prostitution. I don't even talk to my neighbors every day.

So I'm gonna have to start with baby steps - not despising the day of small beginnings. And I'm gonna try and not feel guilty about not saving the world on a daily basis - b/c who knows? Maybe my small steps will yield big
Novia Ardhana
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I read by Joyce Meyer. For me, it was a very interesting book with a great concept. First of all, the topic is powerful - a love revolution. A Love Revolution is EXACTLY what our society needs! I feel as though the world does need to love each other. In the fashion that Joyce Meyer has proposed because it would be a peaceful place. I love this book because it gives so many examples of what love looks like. Sometimes i want to show love, i want to be better at loving more, ...more
Linda Palmer
Nov 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Nothing is more important than a true understanding of the depth of God's love for us, and in gaining a clear understanding of that depth, we are able to extend it to a broken and hurting world. What a gift!

As a practical Minister, Joyce separates religiosity from christianity with sound example and easy to understand counsel. In the end, there are these three things, Faith, Hope and Love and the greatest of these is LOVE! We can speak in the tongues of angels, we can have all knowledge, we can
Kate Loveton
May 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Solid teaching, inspires reader to want to do more... But found the book repetitious after a while. I like Meyers. I like her teaching - she is a great motivational speaker and she certainly has a heart for Christ and for service. It wasn't the message that caused me to only give the book three stars as much as it was my feeling the book went on for too long, making the same point repeatedly in each chapter.

Still, I recommend the book - and if you've never watched or listened to Joyce Meyers' te
Brenda at MyShelf
I wasn’t quite ready for this one... I expected another self-help audio. Instead this book extends beyond the church, to a world full of people in need of rescuing. Throughout the audio Meyer quotes scripture, reminding listeners of Jesus’ desire for peace and a Christian’s responsibility for helping others. In a day and age of political turmoil, extremist bombers, and economical hardship, this audio reminds Christians not to watch man or the dollar, but to keep their eyes on God and follow thro ...more
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
This book is your usual Joyce Meyer type. I was expecting more. When you talk about revolution it should be a revolution! I felt like I've already read everything in this book. It's almost as if she wrote this book to get the readers to give money to her ministry. It was mostly about giving, giving, giving. Showing love is more than just money. I would rather Meyer write a truly, earth-shattering book every few years than to release all these books every year that all sound alike.
Chris
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book has enorous potential but it missed the mark on many levels. Joyce Meyer seems ambivalent about the defintion of love, describing it too often as giving stuff we already own to others or helping the needy. I have heard her talk about this subject and know she could written a much better book if she had clearly defined her objective and then worked through the book step by step. She seems to write the book without carefully outlining her chapters, something I have never seen her do.
Mare
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As Joyce would say this book was "a word in due season" for me. It really spoke to my heart and reminded me that in order to see change in the world we need to pay attention to how we treat the people around us.

I received a few spiritual revelations throughout the course of the book that have caused me to pause and take an inventory of my own human selfishness. I'm thankful for a fresh perspective on varying areas of life.
J. Allen
Nov 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
We can all make a difference! One random act of kindness at a time. Plenty to ponder in this reading . Hard to maintain a Pharisee status in your walk if your honest with yourself while
reading this text aloud to a loved one, or more. I read this aloud to my 86 year old mother in-law and soon to be 99 year old aunt. They told me to give it a 5 star rating.
Lenita Sheridan
A "Call to Action"

In The Love Revolution Joyce Meyer has presented us with a "Call to Action." It is a challenge we should not resist. This is an excellent book. I would, however, have preferred it had been written totally by Joyce Meyer, without all the guest authors. Joyce Meyer is a terrific author, as I have read other books by her.
Brenda
Jun 14, 2013 rated it liked it
I loved this book. It seems like a lot of young people today are turned off by all of the "Religion". We need to focus more on what Jesus said to do, instead of always preaching about what we can't do. There are some great stories, statistics, and ideas in this book for showing love to others that we would all do well to pay attention to.
Liz
Sep 10, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
- It felt like the whole point of the book was to tell me how better the author was than myself. Some of the stories were interesting, and it did get me to think about giving to charity, so I suppose it did part of its job. Still, didn't like it.
- Arrived last week. Started it Tuesday.
- Waiting for it to arrive in the mail.
Brenda at MyShelf
Meyer took this one very serious. Her goal is to reach the church as a whole, and the world. LOVE REVOLUTION didn't make the best seller list which is too bad because the message is priceless.

Its a book worth reading..

I listened to the audio a couple years ago....
Karen
Sep 19, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone without a cause bigger than themselves
Shelves: spirit
People spend so much time whining and complaining about their petty problems when there's a world of starving children and abused women who deserve our time and attention instead. Hunger, infant mortality, sex trafficking, aids... as Joyce points out, there's a world in need of a love revolution.
Andile
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
this book is based on her life journey and people the different thing people face daily example someone selling her body so she could feed her child and send it to school so it could get a better education then she did.
Elzbeth
Nov 03, 2013 rated it liked it
It's a good book. Our world is in need of a revolution: a love revolution. We cannot allow ourselves to be an apathetic generation. We must be the difference we want to see in the world. Not only does this book point out what we could and should be doing, it gives practical advice to get it done.
Queen  Diva
Oct 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is an awesome book! I have truly been blessed by reading about LOVE and joining the Love Revolution! I highly recommend this book for those who truly want to know about unconditional LOVE to all!
Stacy
Feb 09, 2010 marked it as books-i-lost-interest-in
I thought this would be about dealing with difficult people, but it seemed to go on and on about oppressive conditions in developing countries. It was depressing, and I didn't get any helpful wisdom from it.
  • The Making Of A Leader
  • The NKJV, American Patriot's Bible: The Word of God and the Shaping of America
  • Prayers That Bring Change: Power-Filled Prayers that Give Hope, Heal Relationships, Bring Financial Freedom and More!
  • The Prophet's Dictionary: The Ultimate Guide to Supernatural Wisdom
  • By Faith Alone
  • Does Your Tongue Need Healing
  • This Day We Fight!: Breaking the Bondage of a Passive Spirit
  • Dressed to Kill: A Biblical Approach to Spiritual Warfare and Armor
  • The Spirit of Python: Identify what constricts your life and kills your dreams
  • God's Creative Power Will Work For You
  • The Jewish Code
  • The Skorpion Directive (Agent Micah Dalton, #4)
  • Self Incrimination
  • The Rules Of Engagement: The Art of Strategic Prayer and Spiritual Warfare
  • Emotions: Confront the Lies. Conquer with Truth.
  • You Are Made for More!: How to Become All You Were Created to Be
  • Watchman Prayer: Keeping the Enemy Out While Protecting Your Family, Home and Community
  • The Maker's Diet: The 40-Day Health Experience That Will Change Your Life Forever
Joyce Meyer is one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. A New York Times bestselling author, Joyce’s books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration through Jesus Christ. Through Joyce Meyer Ministries, Joyce teaches on a number of topics with a particular focus on how the Word of God applies to our everyday lives. Her candid communication style allows her to share openl ...more

Nonfiction Deals

$12.99 $3.99
    $15.99 $2.99
  • By Myself and Then Some
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery (A Toltec Wisdom Book)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • Wish You Happy Forever: What China's Orphans Taught Me About Moving Mountains
    $14.74 $1.99
  • The Return: Fathers, Sons and the Land in Between
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Prize: Who's in Charge of America's Schools?
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Founding Mothers
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Through a Window: My Thirty Years with the Chimpanzees of Gombe
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation (Kindle Edition)
  • Around My French Table: More Than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Ida: A Sword Among Lions
    $8.24 $2.99
  • A Natural History of the Senses (Vintage)
  • Unsinkable: A Memoir