Start by marking “Walking Your Way to a Better Life” as Want to Read:
Walking Your Way to a Better Life

Walking Your Way to a Better Life

2.67  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Author KIMIKO was a fulltime housewife and mother of two children who at the age of 36 discovered the mental and physical benefits of walking properly. Born and raised in Okayama--a prefecture west of Osaka--she attended an all-girls high school and was later hired by the Tokyo office of a cosmetics company. At the age of 27, she took the recommendations of a customer and ...more
Published August 18th 2009 by Vertical

To ask other readers questions about Walking Your Way to a Better Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walking Your Way to a Better Life

Adele
Jul 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2011
I don't doubt for a minute that Kimiko's discovery that keeping proper posture when walking and turning it into something you enjoy is good for one's heath and mood, but that statement tells you everything I "learned" from this book.

Kimiko teaches "posture walking" -- essentially walking in a normal, relaxed manner but with good posture -- and spends much of the book explaining how she went from frazzled housewife to independent businesswoman using the skill. Interesting, but not exactly helpful
Nina
May 01, 2012 rated it liked it
"Realizing how each step connects you to the earth will make you feel joyful. You might even experience a warm feeling like rubbing a whale's belly. (I've never actually rubbed one myself, though.)"
Alison
Apr 25, 2011
Wendy Wagner
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
Not actually about walking, but rather about good posture. A really adorable read that wants to be Marie Kondo's THE LIFE CHANGING MAGIC OF TIDYING UP. Mostly fluff.

Still, it got me fired up about working on my posture, and it was a nice bit of end-of-the-day cheer--you can read it in about 45 minutes.
Linda