Start by marking “Dakota Ranch Crude (Dakota Heat, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dakota Ranch Crude (Dakota Heat, #2)

Dakota Ranch Crude (Dakota Heat #2)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  1,089 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
When Samantha Cross goes to her brother's employers to ask for help, she had no idea that it would change her life forever. To repay their debt, they both have to live and work at the Dakota Ranch for one year. Samantha has no option but to accept.

Her brother's employers, Shayne and Jackson Montgomery, are not what she expected. Jackson, the younger brother is too handsome
Published March 27th 2009 by Siren Publishing (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dakota Ranch Crude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dakota Ranch Crude

Emily
Samantha Cross can't believe the latest problem her brother has dumped in her lap, she has two men after her wanting money and he tried to steal a bull from his bosses and is in jail. Deciding to try and plea his case, Samantha heads to the Dakota Ranch to ask owners Jackson and Shayne Montgomery to drop the charges.

Jackson is used to beautiful women showing up at the ranch looking for a good time, but is surprised when the one before him shuts him down and asks to speak to his brother. Shayne h
Denise H.
** Reread on 12-30-2016 for probably the sixth time ! LOL ! **
Leah Brooke was a new author for me when I read this. I loved this story! She works the characters well, weaves a good story, and you feel connected. It begins a bit fast, but was necessary to the story. Loved Shayne the best, sweet big guy !! Samantha was a stand up, strong woman trying to clean up messes her brother made. When she's threatened, Jackson and Shayne help her out. She has feelings for them right away, and she begins the
Malinda
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love this story! As the description says, Sam ends up working for Shayne and Jackson due to some problems with her brother. She's attracted to both of them from the start. Jackson is easy going and very handsome. Shayne isn't handsome and is very large (6' 8" and big all over) but has a raw masculinity that is extremely attractive. Shayne's convinced himself that he is too rough and will hurt women in bed (believing a lie propagated by some evil hussies that didn't like that Shayne saw through ...more
Jacqueline
I am done trying this author. The quality of the writing is poor and the plotting is beyond weak. The sex scenes are bland and the instant love, one week, is ludicrous. Add to that stereotypical and wrong ranch scenes and a poorly motivated bad guy and it was just a hot mess.
Missy Cary
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

This was a short read. But it has every in it that makes a good book. I can't wait to read the next book.
Danielle
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, menage
3.5 Stars

The build up took longer than usual and I was pretty impatient about it. I felt like the author stretched it out. There were conflicts that popped out of nowhere and characters that seemed to disappear.

It was hot and sexy as all the books I have read from Leah Brooke are. Although this one is better than the first in the series, I still like the Desire series better. I am a bit disappointed since I saw the average rating for this series was higher, maybe it gets better in the other book
Lisbeth
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica-smut
Great little read
Beate
Dec 02, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: menage, cowboys, erotica
No. This book is absolute fail. After having almost been raped, a woman would *not* want to jump another man's bones IN THE SAME DAY! No matter how much she'd love that man. Much less two men. Rape and almost rape is a trauma. It's not sexy. And as far away from turn-on as you can get.

Plot-wise this book was more solid than the first one in the series, but with the almost rape fail, it left me cold and angry with the author. There should be a rape warning on this book.
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i love this book, i really like that the brothers are totally different Jackson is flirty, sexy and very romantic but Shayne is dark hurt from rumours and very insecure. Sam is a carer and sorts her brother Pete's problems out, this is how Sam came to Dakota ranch and started to work for the brothers. this book moves fast but you don't feel rush and has a great ending with really sweet HEA.
Oleta Blaylock
Mar 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
Find the oven mits you are going to need them. The Montgomery Boys are HOT and oh so willing to please their lady. While this is a shorter story it does pack a lot of stuff into a few pages. The thing I love most about this story is the way Samantha finally shows Shayne that he isn't going to hurt her. Oh to be the filling in a Montgomery Brothers sandwich.
Anna
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Much better than the first book in this series, this book is hot and unbelievably sexy. Shayne is huge, rough and gruff just how we like them and Jackson has enough charm to keep anyone happy. The story is an alright read but the chemistry between Samantha and her men is what really keeps the book going.
Adriana
Dakota Ranch Crude by Leah Brooke

This was a much better story than the first book in this series and a bit longer at 6 chapters. I liked Shayne, Mr. Silent and Tall all 6 foot 8 inches of him…gulp! Jackson is the rascal and Mr. Handsome. Samantha is the ‘little bit’ that brings it all together nicely.

Favorite line…

“A million dollars? For a cow?”
Donna
Interesting story and quite enjoyable. Even in this shorter format, Brooke did a good job of revealing the personalities of the three main characters. I quickly warmed to Samantha (feisty) and Shayne (big and loveable) but Jackson (playboy) took a little longer. Nice bit of suspense too. Overall a quick but entertaining story.
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
If you can move past how quickly they fall in love, it is a good story. Damsel in distress with a brother who takes advantage, two cowboys, one who thinks he is too rough for her and throw in a couple of different bad guys that are after her because of other people.....Some drama, some hot sex and a happy ever after
Kate
Oct 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this except that it's far too short. I'd have liked to have seen a longer novel with more character development. I did like the male 'heroes' though and thought Shayne an interesting character. Also liked the heroine who was quite able to stand up for herself. The Desire series are better but these are worth a look.
Zea
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nice and fun to read, loving this series so far. If you're looking for an intense read filled with drama, suspense and a drawn out romance between the main characters, you might not like this book much. But for those days when you just want to read something sweet and naughty, this book is perfect.
Polly
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow, HOT!
Beret Brenckman
May 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
HOT
Libby Oglesby
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love it. It's pn my re-read list. I love the fact she is not scared of the older brother
Martha
May 01, 2011 marked it as won-t-finish
Kindle Edition.
Jane (PS)
Jan 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Hot steamy novella. Packs quite a punch :)
Ruth Hambley
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this one very much. However I think the book could have been made longer as the story felt a bit rushed to the end
Tanya Temple
rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2014
Tammy
May 28, 2011
  • For the Love of Anna (The Town of Pearl, #1)
  • Kansas Heat (Kansas Heat, #1)
  • Beaumonts’ Brand
  • Good Horses, Fast Cars and Real Men
  • Compromised Cowgirl (Bride Train, #3)
  • Damaged Cowboys
  • Slick Rock Cowboys (Slick Rock #1)
  • Two to Love (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #2)
  • Love Under Two Benedicts (Lusty, Texas #3)
  • Sex Party (Cowboy Sex, #1)
  • Commando Cowboys Capture Their Mate (Wyoming Warriors, #1)
  • A Matter Among Four
  • Lydia's Twin Temptation (Divine Creek Ranch, #8)
  • Plays Well With Others (Daly Way, #2)
Also writes Historical (Old West) Erotic Romance under the Pseudonym Lana Dare
More about Leah Brooke...

Dakota Heat (5 books)
  • Her Dakota Men (Dakota Heat, #1)
  • Dakota's Cowboys (Dakota Heat, #3)
  • Dakota Springs (Dakota Heat, #4)
  • Ice Men of North Dakota (Dakota Heat #5)

“A million dollars? For a cow?” 3 likes