Start by marking “Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)” as Want to Read:
Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)

Heist Society

(Heist Society #1)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  82,625 Ratings  ·  5,063 Reviews
When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre…to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria…to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own—scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leav ...more
Published February 9th 2010 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Heist Society, please sign up.
Kylie George For sure read the other series by Ally Carter called The Gallagher Girls. It's about a spy school for girls and it is amazing! The series gets better…moreFor sure read the other series by Ally Carter called The Gallagher Girls. It's about a spy school for girls and it is amazing! The series gets better as the books go on.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Layla Risse Visily Romani has been many people throughout the years. Mr. Stein is a historian who had a piece of art stolen and also once knew Katarina's mother.

Kat Kennedy
May 18, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Teenagers. The real kind - the ones with pimples
My husband once told me a story about a neighbour he had before his family moved to our city. His very friendly, community conscious neighbour had a mower stollen one night by a couple of drunken goons. His parents gave him their sympathy and inquired as to why he didn't call the police. He replied that he didn't need to.

Whoever this man really was and whatever he really did, I won't expound on. It's enough to say that two days later his mower was returned to his yard. Cleaned. With a free case
Lola
My heart is begging me to give this book a four-star rating.

But my brain is insisting I reconsider.

And since I value my brain’s opinion slightly more, a winner has been declared.

Here’s the thing. I adore Ally Carter. Her The Gallagher Girls series is everything and more. I read it and reread and think about it whenever I’m bored and in need of creating some impossible scenarios in my mind that involve spies and spying, in addition to little ol’ me.

This heist story promises excitement. For whom,
Lyndsey
Also posted on STRANGEMORE.COM.

Who is in the Heist Society?

* One of them is a mini Sydney-Bristow-in-training, whose family has been falsely accused, and she's armed with a big attitude and huge problems.

* Then there is the handsome and debonair millionaire thief who compares dancing to navigating through a laser grid.

* There is also the beauty who is literally electrifying in high heels and a skirt. At least, when she gets too close to priceless works of art.

* Two of them are the ones who
Heather
Mar 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: to people who liked the movie Ocean's Eleven or just looking for something new
I love it when you get excited when seeing a book you never heard of before, and then while reading, it turns out to be fantastic, instead of the opposite. I am now a huge fan of Ally Carter's. I have her other series (the Gallagher Girls), but I just haven't had the time to read them yet...what, with so many other books to read, but not now. I wont wait to read them.

I can see this series becoming my new YA favorite.

I loved the characters and the twist and turns in the plot-line. It wasn't pred
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

Listen to my Heist Society fanmix in 8tracks and see the tracklist here.

Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

This book is everything I wanted and more.

Heist Society has the same international thrill as The Conspiracy of Us which is one of my favorite reads this year. And it went delightfully well. I might be crying tears of blood. Please give me twenty. Mini review to come.
Krystle
May 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: art
Okay, the only reason I wanted to read this book was because I took a course called “Art in Popular Literature” and it was an awesome class that really sparked my interest in art. Perhaps that wasn’t the right perspective to view this book from because the complete absence and respect paid to the true real works of art in this book left me absolutely pissed.

First of all, for the majority of the book I was so confused. All the amounts of names for characters we had to keep track of and backstory
Poonam
"Never live anyplace you can't walk away from. Never own anything you can't leave behind. These were the laws of Kat's life- of Kat's world."

The book is about 15 yr old Katherine and her family business is Burglary. The book promises a fun read with a bit of action and a little bit of mystery. The book does deliver on it's promise.

I wanted to read something light after some of the intense reads and this book did refresh my mind.

Kat has 2 weeks to perform a job to get her dad out of trouble.
Muse-ic ♬
Jun 21, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a meh read. When it got to a certain point, I kept glancing at the percentage at the bottom of my kindle screen to see if I was almost done.
It's not a bad book and the idea was interesting, but I didn't really feel it.

First off, it was rather vague. I couldn't really connect to any of the characters because I hardly got to know them.
Also there were times where this book confusingly jumped between different POV's and lost me in the process. It was hardly a change of paragraph before we
Norah Una Sumner

I seriously needed this in my life. This was so fun, cute and perfect to relax myself after a tough week of non - stopping exams. I love Ally's writing style and her characters, she makes a great atmosphere and makes you laugh so much. This reminded me a lot of Secret Society Girl series, which I love, but in a YA world. Also, hello there Hale. The characters are are extremely cute and interesting and it was so fun to go on this adventure with them!
Bry
Definitely 5 stars! Put it this way, I got this on audiobook from the library, finished it today in the car on the way to work, and stopped at the book store on the way home from work to buy a copy to keep. What a great premise! A bunch of preteens pulling off an Ocean's 11 worthy heist all in the name of saving family.

Katerina Bishop (such a fantastic name) is the daughter of Bobby Bishop - one of the world's greatest thief's - and she is well on her way to being the same. She pulled her first
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I love tales about thieves and con artists, book series like The Curse Workers and movies like Ocean’s Eleven. I love it when seemingly random events come together neatly and cleverly in the end. Therefore, I loved Heist Society. It is admittedly not as clever as White Cat, for example, but I had a hard time putting it down and that’s a big deal these days.

Fifteen-year-old Katarina Bishop is a very experienced con artist. She may be ridiculously young, but in her line of work, she’s one of the b
C.B. Cook
Third read review: I needed to read two more books for the read in challenge before the end of the year, and I immediately thought the Heist Society books. Still awesome! (Scroll down for full review)

Re-read review: Good gravy, Ally Carter is a magician!!! In spite of the fact that I already knew everything that happened, I still couldn't put this down. HOW??? XD Definitely just as good as the first time! (See below for some content problems.)

Original:
How do I start to describe this book? It was
Chamonix
Mar 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
WHY? I don't understand all these stellar reviews. It's mind boggling because truly this book was nothing spectacular. It was clever, sure. I like the idea of it more than I like the book per se.

The main character is a ninny. All she ever does is float around worrying, trying to reassure me that although she has/had amazing ninja stealing skills, she doesn't approve of them. GET OUT OF THE WAY PRISCILLA, I'LL TAKE YOUR PLACE. GUN-FRICKING-HO. Not to mention she was flat. Like, tasteless kind of
vic ( semi hiatus )
“pretend and it will be true.”

heist society wasn't bad, by all means. in fact, it was actually better than i expected. this is more of a middle-grade type of book, and aside from the mystery tag, i wouldn't have picked it up. but alas, i did, so here we go.

katarina bishop is fifteen years old. fifteen. it certainly didn't seem like it. like just a glance at a cover ( and that model is hot damn [ yes i'm not straight hoemygod when did you find out ] ), i would think she's about twenty? years o
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
I spent the better half of today tucked between the covers in my bed reading this gem. It was such a fun experience as always with Ally's books. I love this crew and the theme is A+, of course! Kat just took a spot among some of my favorite YA heroines.

description

There are a few things that bothered me a bit:

a. as much as short skirts =/= anything bad and YAY for girls wearing them if they want to and not wearing them if they don't want to, but it bothered me that Gabrielle is 16 and when (view spoiler)
Emily (Obsessed Reader)
Review when I first read this book, September 2011: 3 Stars. I REALLY liked this book! Very different from what I am used to reading, which is fantasy and chick-lit. I really liked the story line, and I can't wait to read the second book!
The only thing I wish was different about this book, is the main character, Kat. I like her, but I feel like I didn't know enough about her. I found myself wanting to know more about her personality, or her past.
With that aside, I loved just about everything els
Alaina Meserole
Heist Society is the first book of the Heist Society series. Now even though it was the introduction to this series.. it was confusing to say the least.

Now I'm not saying the entire book was confusing.. mostly because it wasn't. No, it was interesting, boring, confusing, and then back to being interesting. It was a whirlwind of an emotional roller coaster while reading this book.

Kat, the MC, was meh to me. She wasn't spectacular or anything outside of other MC's I've read about. She was comple
alexandra
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
i've been meaning to read this for YEARS (like eight years) and i finally got around to listening to the audiobook. it reminded me so much of How to Steal a Million and i loved how fun it was. the characters, romance, and action were all solid; now i need to read the sequel!
Nic
Rating: 4.5 stars

Favourite Quote: "It is an occupational hazard that anyone who has spent her life learning how to lie eventually becomes bad at telling the truth."

Heist Society is a brilliant read! It was fun and fast paced and I loved every minute of it.

Kat is a 15 year old retired thief or was until she was forced to get back in the family business in order to save her Dad. Her father has been set up, accused of stealing paintings from a mobster type of guy that lead to some very dangerous co
Ivy
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

After a period of not reading, this was the perfect book to get back into things. It was super easy to read and quite intriguing.

At the same time, I had to keep reminding myself why I cared. These characters were fun and did their job, but I wasn't as attached to them as I would have liked.

I went into this knowing absolutely nothing about it, besides the fact that it was written by the author of Gallagher Girls which is one of my favourite series ever.

This one didn't quite compare.
PurplyCookie
After a childhood spent assisting her father, one of the world’s most talented art thieves, Katarina Bishop tries to leave the family business behind when she forges her way into a New England boarding school.

She quickly discovers, though, that her past is inescapable. Her father has been accused of stealing already stolen masterpieces from a dangerous Italian billionaire. Certain that her father is innocent, Kat resolves to find the missing paintings and return them to their unsavory owner, wh
Liz* Fashionably Late
3.5 Stars
First Marie Lu with Legend and now Ally Carter... Let me ask you one thing, what kind of sixteen year old kids were you back then?

My big and only problem with this book is how a couple of sixteen year old kids manage to do extraordinary things despite not being this a fantasy book? Or was it? Why so goddamn young?

Heist Society was good, very good. The kind of book you can read on a sunny afternoon. It was funny, smart, light and so delightfully written. Kind of Ocean's Eleven for YA,
Amanda
You can also find my review here: https://devouringbooks2017.wordpress....

I have always been intrigued by thieves and con artists. The books that are written about them are always fascinating. Part of the reasons Six of Crows is my favorite novel is because of the cons. When I was in middle school I read a few books by Ally Carter and I thought it was about time I revisited her writing.

Recently I found myself wondering why the Mona Lisa was so famous, it's not that great of a painting, so wha
Rebecca
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads, fiction
This book was like a mash up of National Treasure and the Pink Panther movies!

Kind of slow at times, and not enough detail or explanation at other, it was overall a fun and quick read with a lot of suspense and build up. I felt that it would have been better if it had of been written in first person and I didn't like the love triangle between Hale, Kat, and Nick but than I usually don't like love triangles so maybe its just me.

As I said overall a enjoyable read and I will be reading the next on
Jae (Bookish Bluebird)
4.5 stars!
I love heist movies so I guess it's not much of a surprised that I really enjoyed this book!! I loved the countdown pages and how this book made me feel like I've traveled the world as part of their team haa. There were some scenes that I wished I could have seen since I had trouble visualizing some of the details of their heist even with the descriptive narrative. The characters were all fantastic and hilarious. The crew dynamic was my favorite!

Full review to come!
Kirsty-Marie Jones
Oh, Kat. You are sneaky.
Lala_Loopsie [fire breathing B!tch Queen]
OK. At this point, I don't know where i left the book. But the book seemed promesing.
Erin
Three stars in the best way possible. :)

This is the story of Katarina Bishop. She is a teenager, a boarding school reject, and an unambiguously moralistic thief. Kat and her posse of fellow teen thieves are on a mission to clear her dad's name of a dangerous crime before the dude he supposedly ripped off (who has the coolest name ever, Arturo Taccone) uses her father as an example of what happens when Mr. Taccone is crossed. Intrigue!

Honestly, the beginning chapters did not grab me. At all. I th
C.G. Drews
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
My first thoughts: It’s like all the stealing movies!
My second thought: Oh, wait, it IS the stealing movies.

Can anyone say Ocean’s Eleven (Twelve and Thirteen, too)? What about The Italian Job? Or even Fast and Furious 5!?! The whole we-need-to-put-together-a-group-of-remarkable-people-so-they-can-steal-stuff is a very overdone principle and hard to make fresh. It is, though, totally awesome to read/watch. I NEVER get tired of the awesomeness behind a well-planned heist.

I was really torn what
Nomes
Jul 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
3 and a half :)

Heist Society is like reading Ocean's Eleven but with a rag tag bunch of teens (including best friend hottie, glamour girl and geektastastic nerds). It's actually already been optioned for a film and I can see why.

Not only is the plot intricate with a glamorous setting, but the writing is really a cut above. I loved the sophisticated tone and intelligent humour that amused me from the first chapter. Even with teenage protags, it doesn't necessarily have a YA feel about it. It's in
YA Buddy Readers'...: Heist Society series by Ally Carter - Reading "Heist Society" from October 13th 2017 172 215 Oct 19, 2017 11:33AM
Play Book Tag: Heist Society/ Ally Carter - 3 stars 1 10 Oct 15, 2017 10:01PM
Missing Chapter 1 8 Aug 03, 2017 03:14AM
Need clean yet interesting and "in" teen books 4 23 Feb 17, 2017 11:06PM
YA Fiction Books,...: January BOTM HEIST SOCIETY by Ally Carter 6 9 Feb 05, 2017 12:08PM
Bookreads :): Heist Society 1 3 Jan 10, 2016 12:03PM
  • Down to the Wire (The Specialists, #2)
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • The Body at the Tower (The Agency, #2)
  • Scarlett Fever (Scarlett, #2)
  • Also Known As (Also Known As, #1)
  • Broadway Lights (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #5)
  • Goddess Boot Camp (Oh. My. Gods., #2)
  • The Cinderella Society (The Cinderella Society, #1)
  • I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life, #2)
  • Den of Thieves (Cat Royal, #3)
  • Red Glove (Curse Workers, #2)
  • Front and Center (Dairy Queen, #3)
  • Kitty Kitty (Bad Kitty, #2)
  • Just One Wish
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls, Heist Society, and Embassy Row series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

She encourages you to visit her online at allycarter.com and embassyrowbooks.com.

Heist Society (4 books)
  • Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
  • Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)
  • Untitled (Heist Society, #4)
“It is an occupational hazard that anyone who has spent her life learning how to lie eventually becomes bad at telling the truth.” 1135 likes
“And I didn't choose it, Kat. I chose you.” 477 likes