Start by marking “Tall Dark Defender” as Want to Read:
Tall Dark Defender

Tall Dark Defender

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Rescued by a handsome stranger

Undercover investigator Jonah Devereaux barely knew Annie Compton, but that didn't stop him from nearly blowing his cover to save the pretty waitress from a ruthless killer. Convincing the stubborn single mom that she needed his protection 24/7 was a fiery battle of wills, but fighting his burning desire to make love to her was a war he wasn't
ebook, Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1566, 214 pages
Published June 1st 2009 by Silhouette (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Tall Dark Defender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tall Dark Defender

Deb Diem
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tall Dark Defender by Beth Cornelison is an entertaining read. Ms Cornelison has given us a well-written book with plenty of drama, suspense and a bit of spice. Jonah and Annie's story is a fast paced read and loaded with fantastic characters. I enjoyed Tall Dark Defender and look forward to reading more from Ms Cornelison in the future. Tall Dark Defender is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.

I read a print copy of this book.
Susan
Very good book. Annie was working at the diner, trying to make enough to keep her family going. When she was attacked while making a delivery for her boss. Jonah came to her rescue. She was very wary of him, as she had only recently escaped from an abusive marriage and didn't trust men, especially large powerful ones. Jonah was able to convince her that he was trying to help. I liked the way that Jonah was able to show her that he could be both fierce and gentle. He helped her with self-defense, ...more
Becky
Sep 20, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my second book by Cornelison, but I liked the other one better. This was pretty cute, and I loved Jonah's personality. His desire to help and be there for not only Annie, but for her kids too, was heartwarming.

Annie's determination to overcome her past is her primary objective. She lives each day only to make it through. There were a few times though that she did or said something that didn't quite fit with what I perceived her to be. And along those same lines, Jonah is confident and
Paige
Apr 11, 2010 rated it it was ok
After just getting out of her abusive marrige, mother of two, Annie Compton now finds herself in even greater danger. Jonah Devereaux has been coming to the same diner for months trying to get dirt on a suspected gambling gang that took the life of his mentor.When Annie is in the wrong place at the wrong time, she suddenly becomes a target. Can Jonah get her to trust men again? Will they take the risk?
Rebecca Crowley
Jun 21, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a predictable but enjoyable romantic suspense novel. I usually like the watchful guardian trope, and the heroine's history of domestic abuse - in addition to being sensitively handled - added good depth to the development of the characters' connections.

My only criticism is that it was a bit same-y and didn't bring anything particularly fresh to the table. Nonetheless it was well written, I was rooting for the characters, and I'd certainly pick up something else by this author.
PWRL
Sep 02, 2012
Kara Morgan
Jan 11, 2010
Aluria
rated it did not like it
Mar 23, 2013
Julie-ann
Feb 22, 2012
Emily
Jun 26, 2011
Beth Cornelison started writing stories as a child when she penned a tale about the adventures of her cat, Ajax. She received her bachelor's degree in Public Relations from the University of Georgia and after working in public relations for a little more than a year, she moved with her husband from Tennessee to Louisiana, where she decided to pursue her love of writing fiction.

Since that time, she