Start by marking “The Astonishing Power of Emotions” as Want to Read:
The Astonishing Power of Emotions

The Astonishing Power of Emotions

This leading-edge book by Esther and Jerry Hicks, who present the teachings of the Non-Physical entity Abraham, will help you understand the emotions that you’ve been experiencing all of your life. Instead of the out-of-control, knee-jerk reactions that most people have to their ever-changing life experience, this work will put those responses into a broader context. You’l ...more
Published September 4th 2007 by Hay House (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Astonishing Power of Emotions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Astonishing Power of Emotions

Heidi The Reader
"Beyond the five physical senses that you are actively aware of, there is another less-realized sense — the sense of emotion." pg 20

Esther Hicks channeled this book from her "higher self," an entity she calls Abraham. It is about how one can deliberately create their experience by being aware of their emotions. It also gives advice on how to focus on those things that make you feel good, because by doing so, Hicks believes it will "bring you into alignment" with your higher being. And, therefore
Kyra
Oct 29, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Curl up one night and pick up this book to hear soothing words about how you can be, do, or have anything and how perfect and wonderful you are... Enter a magical land where entities of the nonphysical dimension enchant you and tell you all the things you could want to hear... Surrender your critical thinking skills and open your mind to the possibility of solely listening to your emotions for guidance... You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... Let The Astonishing Power of Emotions take you on a ...more
Treo
Jun 17, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
**NOTE, this is an abbreviated version of my too-lengthy original review. In the original, I get very specific about the negative consequences of this material. So if you’re struggling with this ideology or starting to question things, please go to my blog for the full version: Responsible Spirituality (there’s a link on my profile or just google it). The original review is posted there, plus great comments from other ex-followers.**

These teachings do seem great and feel great at first, but even
Cee
Apr 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
There is not one book written by Esther and Jerrmy Hicks that I could rate under 10 stars. But then again, it will not be for many people I know. If it is for you, you will feel the same way, and you will be comprehending your Vortex.
I recommend this book for anyone who has genuinely struggled with religion in their lives, and is called to that which is the much bigger picture. THis book can speak worlds if you are ready to receive it!
I cannot be greatful enough to have picked up this series of
Angela
Mar 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in the The Law of Attraction
Shelves: non-fiction-read
I'm a huge fan of Esther and Jerry Hicks and the teachings of Abraham. I've read Ask and is Given, subscribe to Abraham-Hicks monthly CD's and have watched The Secret. I truly believe we can be, do, or have anything we want. The challenge is learning how to keep yourself feeling good, going with the flow, totally allowing all that you desire to manifest. This book really helps put into practice The Art of Allowing.
Robin
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While this is the 8th Abraham-Hicks book I’ve reviewed, it is also one of my favorites. Ask and It is Given is an excellent introduction to the Abraham material, and The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent features many exercises or games to improve your life, but the strength of The Astonishing Power of Emotions is its simplicity. At any point in life, on any subject, we are either sailing along smoothly or putting up resistance, and this book employs the simple analogy of heading downstream or ...more
David Hooper
Sep 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read a lot of books in this subject (power of thought) and this is one of the best. Looked at things from a different, yet familiar perspective. Also give about 30 common issues you may be facing in your life, from death of a parent, to breakup of a relationship, and shows a strategy for dealing with these things.

This book is along the lines of "The Secret" but much deeper. If you're looking for the real nuts and bolts of how the Law of Attraction works, I recommend this book.
Davor Salopek
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a good book to start the year. I love it.
Vijita verma
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book has been written with its point of attraction kept in mind. For me it was more of revising my audios of Abraham and something I can store for revisions everytime I want to refer back...
mark
Jan 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I think this is the real deal. I also think many readers misunderstand what it is that is being said. As i understand it: The point is--you are where you are and you must acknowledge that accurately (there are ways to do this) and once understood you then, and only then, have a choice. You can choose to feel better or worse ... but only incrementally. It is a process. If you choose to feel better, say feeling hatred and rage over despair and hopelessness--you are headed in the right direction. I ...more
Gina Lynette
As always, the Abraham-Hicks collaboration has co-created a wonderful reference for those who are looking for a better understanding of how to allow the manifestation of those things we desire. This edition offers an introduction to the Law of Attraction, with some supporting information on the Art of Allowing and the Science of Deliberate Intent in the early part.

The majority of the book is a Q and A with Abraham--each question and answer filling a chapter. Abraham-Hicks give suggestions for d
Molly
Jun 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-age
This book teaches that, wherever we are, we can choose thoughts that feel a little better or a little worse. Abraham/Hicks says if you choose the slightly better feeling thought it makes all the difference.

The book is full of scenarios where we see the progression from awful feeling thoughts to less awful to better feeling. At each juncture there was a sense of relief. I found it helpful and doable.
Noor Abu Hassan
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing.beyond thankful.
Erin
Oct 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Like the other books in this series, this book is about monitoring what you think and feel to reflect less resistance to current circumstances, in order to attract what you truly desire. They use the analogy of rowing a canoe downstream, instead of upstream to illustrate the feeling of allowing one's thoughts and emotions to "flow" without resistance to what is happening at any given moment.
Aisha
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
2 stars in the sense that it was ok.. I really really like much of what they have to say! particularly the upstream/downstream .. but it gets absurd at some points plus I'm not thrilled with the channeling bit of the whole thing..
Nic's Notebook
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
The first book that actually made the "Law of Attraction" make sense to me!
Connie Sadowinski
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
It’s a book touches on how important it is to really pay attention to how we feel. I enjoyed this book by Esther and Jerry Hicks.
Zoe
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I started reading about this subject because of a post from a friend a few weeks ago. She talked about positive thinking and how she has benefited from it. I read her post a few times and decided to learn more about what she was talking about.

So I came upon Esther Hicks and her late husband's/partner's publications. I am still trying to decide what I truly feel about it but it kind of makes sense to me. This is the second book I read from them and it isn't a great introduction to their way of t
Hilary Whatley
A good explanation of the law of attraction concept. I take the whole "Abraham" idea with a grain of salt (to be honest it almost stopped me from reading the book entirely - and I was a little embarrassed to be reading a book like this). This comes across as cult-ish (although I think what she is talking about is the inner voice (higher self) we can access through meditation/dreams). However, since the rest of the book still seemed fascinating (to me), I decided to read it anyways.

I loved the vi
D
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Gosh this book has sat on my shelf for two years but I downloaded an audio version. If I had something else to listen to in the car perhaps I would have turned it off.

So glad I didn’t through the light hearted humour it kept me listening and I could view so many examples in my life that require improvement.

. Recommend if you enjoy Law of Attraction or the secret. I wouldn’t recommend if that isn’t your cup
Of tea.

Though life isn’t always about thought as many believe. We do come across blocks
Ada
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alright I love Abraham-Hicks and Esters and Jerrys publications as they always enlighten me and lifts me up by bringing some light to anything I want. The astonishing power of emotions is pretty much this, a guide to our guiding system if you know what I mean.
Very useful to learn more and understand this inner guide we all have and I'm just rendezvoused on how perfectly timed the universe has been on leading me to these resources of information bringing more clarity into my life.
Always pleased
Alejandro Magallanes
Abraham always makes things so simple, and no matter how difficult a person might want to make their existence, we all have something inside of us affirming, "Yup. That's exactly how life works." About 75% of the book gives examples of how to follow your emotions toward a pleasant downstream path to accomplishment and joy. The first 25% of the book are blueprint on how the system works. This is helpful to all of humanity. Makes me proud that I'm published under the umbrella of Hay House.
Jenny
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Life-changing inspiration, clarity and guidance. I suggest you read it if it calls you from within. In this case, reading reviews is pointless. An unconscious person who isn’t ready for this info will bash it, and an awakened reader will sing its praises. Only you know if you’re drawn to read it or not. Regardless, much love and light to you! :)
Nidhi Sehgal
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I have been following Esther and jerry hick’s books from quite some time now. They have helped me to look at life beyond religion. I must say ,I have evolved as a Person through these books. These books helped be to introspect my life and helped me in becoming conscious of my thoughts and emotions. I have become more joyful, stronger and confident because of the teachings in books. I am grateful that I came across these books. ...more
Tricia
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was very "Ah-ha" for me, reading things I already know and just needed the reminder, but also just being able to adjust my thinking was nice. I needed the step back and view of where I am, where I was and where I want to be and how life, others, and how my own actions are impacting the day (the world... etc).
I'm sure I'll read this again.
Yazaid Ahmed
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart soothing

As esther always got me used to. A wise woman whose words reassure you to just relax and everything will work out which makes sense. I tried worrying and rushing things and none of that helped.

Esther advice makes perfect sense.
Florentina
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If there would be one book to read from a whole room of piles of books this would be it.
Yahli Rashi
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love EVERYTHING by Esther & Jerry Hicks (Abraham Hicks)
Ann
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm and avid follower of Abraham-Hicks. All of their work is incredible. Listened to this on audible.
I listen to their offerings on YouTube frequently!
Ana MG
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Enriching experience, as all Abraham’s books
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy
  • Angel Medicine
  • Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling
  • The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity
  • The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World
  • You Can Heal Your Life Companion Book
  • Busting Loose from the Money Game: Mind-Blowing Strategies for Changing the Rules of a Game You Can't Win
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • Question Your Thinking, Change The World: Quotations from Byron Katie
  • Invisible Acts of Power: Channeling Grace in Your Everyday Life
Esther Hicks is an American inspirational speaker and best-selling author. She has co-authored nine books with her husband Jerry Hicks, presents workshops on the Law of Attraction and appeared in the first release of the film The Secret. The Hickses' books, including the best-selling series The Law of Attraction, are — according to Esther Hicks — Channelled from a group of non-physical entities ca ...more
“stop talking about the things that are bothering you so much.” 29 likes
“You always know more clearly what you do want when you are faced with what you do not want. But whether you are consciously aware of it or not, all day, every day, you are giving birth to new desires that are being born from the details of the life you are living out on the Leading Edge of thought.” 10 likes