Start by marking “ONE AFTERNOON” as Want to Read:
ONE AFTERNOON

ONE AFTERNOON

2.64  ·  Rating details ·  50 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Fiery, Naive, Unconventional, Silly - Ria Rathore Is One Eighteen-Year-Old Who Has Strutted Through Her Well-Heeled Life Brimming With Confidence. In A Conservative City Like Ahmedabad She Often Ran The Risk Of Being Branded 'Improper'. With A Father Who Spoils Her Silly, Ria Always Got What She Wanted Until She Comes Across Radha Chatterjee, Her English Professor At Spenc ...more
Published June 1st 2008 by Rupa & Co

To ask other readers questions about ONE AFTERNOON, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ONE AFTERNOON

Kunal Sen
Nov 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
the question probably is why didn't i give it one star? three reasons:-

1) not too expensive an M.R.P,

2) has an interesting scenario that bears the promise of literally anything- from Pasolini to Cunningham,

3) the language, unlike its twenty first century peers, isn't glib and all-knowing. It is quite quiet and tentatively self-contained; the latter a quality that almost borders on cuteness at times, in that endearing rather than annoying sort of way.

so, the question: why not more than two sta
Burning Gem
Jan 02, 2013 rated it liked it
The title created the mystery surrounding the book. It was interesting but not very deep. Overall good writing.
Asheesh
Feb 24, 2013 rated it liked it
I would not say one of the greatest work. But for Indian audience with an open mind for reality , it is well written. On second thought, it portraits that love is not only between a boy and a girl.
Megha Sanjaliwala
Oct 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Surprisingly mature story... the journey of the character is very well scripted..
Latika
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I identify as a bisexual and it so happened that i realised i was attracted to the fairer sex only after crushing after my professor. So this book has been really special to me though i was not very happy with the ending.
i failed to understand the write when she chooses (i dont want to disclose the ending) whatever she chooses is out of social conciousness or did she really believe in what she did?

I gave the book 4 stars for its lucidity and the concept. Its really a modern chick-lit with fun a
Ash
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Read the book after I read it's review on the webzine soulbyweekly.com
Thoroughly enjoyed the book. The advantage was the writing was simple and lucid. Anybody from beginner to a pro reader would enjoy reading it not to mention it talks about women relations which are bonton now. It also is quite ideal to be made into a motion picture.
I am giving it a thumbs up.......
Deepti
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Oh I just loved it. The character Ria is so real and one you can associate with. I loved her zest for life, her carefree attitude and her swagger.
Typical ending though. Wish the author had more courage to do the uncoventional.
Once read for sure.
Sudipta Agarwal
Feb 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I read this book in ninth standard and did not find it too good. It was an average book and I would have given it only two stars but then I remembered that it was this book which introduced me to the idea of homosexuality, so just for that three stars.
Apurv Verma
Apr 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
Story revolves around an Amdavadi girl, Ria Rathore who gets whatever she wants. She faces a difficult phase of her adulthood where she could not decide her fate on her relationship.
She meets Manav; who likes her. She spends a lot of time with him, share secrets, smokes with him. On the other hand she feels a strange attraction towards a college professor Mrs. Radha Chatterjee.
First impression of Ria gets ruined in front of Mrs. Radha and she plans to make it right. On the journey of doing this
Saileena
May 13, 2012 rated it did not like it
There is no depth in the story, its just another typical love story without delving deep into the relationship or the characters...The author could have built up on the characters or storyline further...Also, the protagonists had it all so easy..no problems from any angle..there was no social angle/cultural angle..nothing to set it apart..This book was a complete waste of time...highly recommended to stay away from this one..
Book Aficionado
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nice light hearted book. I read it in one go... its good for when you are travelling or when you want to read a short but precise novel at one go. I am giving the book 4 stars for the enlightened topic which is so very rare in Indian Fiction.
Ruta Singh
May 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
First half of the book keeps you on the edge, but once the mystery is out, its kind of boring.. However, a new topic for Indian audience and overall not a bad attempt.
Swati Jain