Start by marking “Why Diet and Exercise Fail: How Current Research Contradicts Conventional Wisdom about Weight Loss” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  3 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Why Diet and Exercise Fail demonstrates that traditional theories of weight gain cannot fully explain rising rates of obesity in the United States. Agricultural workers are among the most physically active people in California, yet they have one of the highest rates of obesity. The Inuit, or Eskimo, traditionally received 75% of their calories from fat and stayed lean, but ...more
Published April 14th 2009 by Daniel Korn Books

To ask other readers questions about Why Diet and Exercise Fail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why Diet and Exercise Fail

Zinta
Nov 29, 2009 rated it liked it

What better time to review a diet book than on the fatty tail end of a Thanksgiving holiday? The author had sent me a review copy of his book, which I accepted only after expressing resistance. I don’t read diet books. No more than I listen to ads for diet pills or pay attention to talk of various miracle diets and fads. In my mind, they are all balderdash.

Daniel Korn convinced me that this slim book, almost symbolically slim, had something different to say. I accepted the review copy, then let
Jennifer (JC-S)
Jun 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
‘How current research contradicts conventional wisdom about weight loss’

I’m always interested in reading about weight loss. Unfortunately, reading about it is no substitute for actually doing it.

Or is it?

This book is divided into three parts:
Part I Rethinking Conventional Wisdom
Part II Current Weight Loss Research
Part III A New Theory of Weight Loss
Each part leads logically to the next. Some readers may desire more ‘proof’ but many of us will just be happy to consider the possibilities raised.
Tami
Aug 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
It’s hard to keep up with all the things we should be doing, especially when these things change so much. One day, we are being told to reduce fats. The next we are told that fats aren’t the problem, now carbs are making us fat. It seems that no one really knows what causes weight gain but everyone has a theory and a new diet that we should all follow. In the end, not only do we not lose weight but we gain even more.

Why Diet and Exercise Fail looks at the myths of weight loss and tries to uncove
Jessica