Start by marking “Green Tea Living: A Japan-Inspired Guide to Eco-friendly Habits, Health, and Happiness” as Want to Read:

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  53 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Starting with the notion that some traditions—like drinking green tea for health and mental acuity—embody timeless wisdom for living, Toshimi A. Kayaki offers dozens of wise old Japanese ways for improving how you look and feel while respecting nature and the environment. Carry your own pair of chopsticks, wear five-toe socks, eat salty plums, use rice water as floor wax, ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Stone Bridge Press (first published October 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Green Tea Living, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Tea Living

Skye
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm always on the lookout on how to live lighter, and this book is great for tips and reminders on how to :) Quick, light-hearted reading for anyone who has the slightest intention to live light, be more eco-friendly and more intentional about life!
Daisy
Apr 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Found this book (again) in my favorite, secret store. Forgot I'd seen it before. It's got plenty of good ideas and tips (many of which I dare say I already do...) and I'll put lots (more) of them into practice.

Cute. Actual good tips in here from saving money to laundry advice to facials.
I read this standing in the aisle at my favorite bookstore in Little Tokyo. I was thinking about buying it but then I thought once I read it, it probably wouldn't be necessary to re-read it. Then I got home and
Chantelle Bottom
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
It held a lot of little tips to help you save money and re-purpose things. I'll be living on my own soon, so it will be great to be able to put some of these tips into action to save me money and allow me to live healthier! A great starting point to delve into this topic, however, if you want something a little more in depth then I suggest another book, because while it did hold a lot of interesting tips, it only held six or seven ideas for each section.
Lynne
Jul 15, 2011 rated it did not like it
Much like the Japanese cooking class I took a few years ago, I had already read and practiced so much on the subject that this was a disappointment. But for someone whose interest in Japanese culture is just beginning, this would be a useful introduction.
Natalie (CuriousReader)
I found the "geisha beauty" chapter very interesting, as well as the food section. Although it was interesting, I'd hoped for a more diet-focused book when I picked this up.
Holly
May 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: environment, japan
This book is the Japanese grandmother you always wanted. Tons of tips on how to be healthy and happy, plus how to do your laundry, eat well, and balance your finances.
Sweetmongoose
Jan 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Quick read. Charming. Nice picures. A library book experience. Light.
Toshi Antram
Dec 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
it was great book!
I learned a lot about Japanease culture old ways and green life
Anne Santiago
Rachel
Jan 24, 2017
一只少女米-
Jul 02, 2016
“A primary rule of practice is meditation with no objects or anchors. Just concentrate on the breath.” 5 likes