Start by marking “Shadow Hawk (Harlequin Blaze #329)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Hawk (Harlequin Blaze #329)

Shadow Hawk (Harlequin Blaze #329)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  645 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
The deadliest combo is a killer body—with a lover’s touch!

When his latest mission turns into a bloodbath, ATF officer JT Hawk realizes he’s been set up by someone at the top. Wounded and on the run, he has no choice but to take beautiful Abby Wells hostage. After all, she’s in danger, too. And if the only way to keep the fiercely independent communications expert safe is t
Published June 1st 2007 by Harlequin (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Hawk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Hawk

Dee
Two-haiku review:

Both ATF feds
He's framed and she's in danger
But not sure she trusts

Nice deep characters
Lots of action and danger
Good partner subplot
Montana Campbell
Full disclosure my darlings, this is the only book I have ever stolen. When I was at university a friend with mutual interests discovered this book at our local library. She introduced me to Shadow Hawk. We shared custody of it for all three years, borrowing it each month on alternating accounts. Finally when we left we couldn't bear to leave it behind. So we stole it. I don't really remember the exact scenario but I'm pretty sure one of us now has a really really big library fine to go back to ...more
Let me start by saying Jill Shalvis is a favorite author. I've enjoyed all of her books, so maybe I am biased?

This one starts off quick and just keeps moving--no slowing down. I had a very difficult time putting it down. Abby and Hawk are both great characters and the chemistry is well written.

I think I would have liked this book even more if it were a "full-length" title instead of just a category romance. More development of Logan would have been great. For what it is, though, I really enjoye
Carrie
3.5*

This book was almost a 4* read for me. I thought the writing was great and overall the plot was good. I've read several of Shalvis's category romances and while I've always enjoyed them, they aren't her strongest work. This was the exception in many ways. However, she lost me when I couldn't suspend disbelief enough (view spoiler)
Mfred
Since starting Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooter Series, I've had a real love-jones for romantic suspense. I've also been meaning to read Jill Shalvis since the Smart Bitches made Instant Attraction one of their Save the Contemporary picks.

I can't say this is the best romance novel I have ever read. Maybe it's the limitations of the format-- I don't have a lot of experience with category romance, so it is hard for me to say.

Shalvis hits all the right notes when it comes to the will they/won't t
Marblezzie
Feb 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an exciting and thrilling story about an ATF agent who got really close in uncovering a case about the kiddie bombers. But what’s an action-packed thriller story if it has no romance, titillating sex and humor in it, right??? Best recipe for a page-turning Blaze’s novel!

Conner Hawk was the best ATF agent in his field and he’s got pretty close in uncovering the mastermind in the Kiddie Bomber case they were working on. Logan, his best friend and team mate, and him both suspected that one
ツ Renée
Oh, I loved Conner Hawk. He was funny, sexy, intelligent, strong, and honorable. He had his work cut out for him trying to prove his innocence, and it didn’t help the way Abby treated him. Granted – she suffered a terrible ordeal, but I had a hard time warming up to her – I don’t do bitch well. She came around later on, and I was able to appreciate the emotion and pull between them. They had some wonderful scenes. I particularly liked their first time together. Conner’s patience and understandin ...more
Jodi Lynn
Feb 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finished this one over the weekend and really enjoyed it! There were a couple moments that were kinda hokey in regards to the romance (ending felt rushed and a little cliche to me), but the plot and suspense elements were strong enough for me to look past this. If I had the option I would give it a 4.5 or maybe a 4.8. Since I don't, I will give it a 5, as the book does have a great storyline. I will say it reads more like a Silhouette Romantic Suspense than a traditional Blaze though, so if you ...more
Dee Haddrill
I have to be honest and say this disappointed me a little, purely because it's by Jill Shalvis and she has done much better. I think the problem may be mine, because I absolutely LOVE her trilogies and series, and they always contain so much character development and humour, and you just can't get that as much in a stand-alone novel. That said, however, it was a good romantic suspense and the sex was hot and the love sweet.
Sheryl
Jan 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So not a lot of good reviews but I'm a cover whore and the cover is making me wet err ... sweat, and I seriously love the name Hawk... Now I just have to finish the housework then I get to concerntrate on the body err ... book! :)

So i finished the book and it was pretty good! Very remeniscient of Cindy Gerard and Suzanne Brockmann...but obviously in a shorter format.
Anita
Feb 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Okay, so this is probably my absolute favourite Mills and Boon novel of all time. I've actually reread it (several times - reread a Mills and Boon novel!) and I think that's saying something. I've held onto this one; it was just that great. If you spot it in an exchange bookstore, pick it up. It's worth the dollar you'll pay for it :).
Emily Higgins
Apr 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, romance
ATF agents Abby Wells and J. T. Hawk are on an operation to catch gun runners when everything goes terribly wrong. Under suspicion of being the gun runners, they must locate and bring to justice the boss of the operation.
Anne - Books of My Heart
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I enjoyed this as I love all the books by Jill Shalvis. This was a quick read. This book had less funny than some of her books. The main story of Hawk & Abby was good. I found the side story of Logan & Callen not very believable and the characters not very defined or real to me at all.
Leslie
Sep 30, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't decide on 2 or 3 stars on this one. I like Jill Shalvis, but this was not one of my favorite books. It took me a while to get into it, but once I did I enjoyed the story for the most part.
Dawn ♥ romance
Good story with a very exciting beginning and once the plot was established the characters worked on building their trust all nicely interspersed with a secondary romance. ATF officer Hawk has been setup and wounded on a mission then takes fellow ATF Abby hostage.
RedBecca
I really like Jill Shalvis but I didn't love this book. I guess I'm just not a fan of stories where the heroine is getting over her victimization for most of story. It was well-written, just not my cup of tea.
Valdamerca
Good storyline, good tension build up between Abby and Hawk, could have gone without the sideline story of Logan and Callen, didn't add anything to the story and was a little dull.
Melissa Spears
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy the suspended reality I get when I read this book by Jill Shalvis! A good summer read!
Christy
Will add full review later. Was great book.
D.B. Reynolds
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun and hot read by Jill Shalvis.
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Modern
Caffenero
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Cool! A very action novel :-)
Latte
May 01, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love Jill Shalvis but this story? Not so much.
Rochelle
Wrapped up a little too neat and clean but hot story with 2 romances.
Michele
Dec 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really liked it though the subplot was a bit of surprise because I don't recall seeing a lot of those in category books. Though I will admit I haven't read a ton of category in recent years.
Netanella
Sep 06, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blaze
Not much blazing going on - instead, we get a sweet romance between two ATF agents who are double crossed by the big boss. Nicely done.
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
JT Hawk is an ATF officer. Abby Wells is his newest team member and attracted to him like no other. That should tell you all you need to know about this one.
Jody
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The female in this book continually pissed me off. I still love Jill's books but this was not a fav
Josie
Oct 11, 2014
Diana
rated it it was ok
Mar 20, 2011
  • Feeling The Heat (Harlequin Blaze #361) (Big Bad Bounty Hunters)
  • Coming Undone (SEAL, #1)
  • Below the Belt
  • Private Confessions
  • Beyond Breathless (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #297)
  • Heated Rush
  • She Did A Bad, Bad Thing (Million Dollar Secrets, #1)
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze #292)
  • A Long, Hard Ride
  • Untouched
  • Incognito
  • Blazing Bedtime Stories (Once Upon A Bite / My, What A Big...You Have! / Sexily Ever After)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's websi
More about Jill Shalvis

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
  • Before Goodbye
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Royal Date (The Royals of Monterra, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hot Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
  • The Way Life Should Be: A Novel
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Yellow Rose Beauty Shop (Cadillac, Texas #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Force of Temptation (Mercury Pack, #2)
  • Wildalone
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Let Go (Hard Ink, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99