Start by marking “Notes on Leaving poems” as Want to Read:
Notes on Leaving poems

Notes on Leaving poems

4.6  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Notes on Leaving is a debut poetry collection that is every bit as captivating, emotive and razor-sharp as Laisha Rosnau’s bestselling first novel The Sudden Weight of Snow. Rosnau’s poignant poems address life in a startlingly direct and honest voice, employing a robust combination of jaw-dropping forthrightness and delicately crafted verse.
Published 2004 by Nightwood Editions

To ask other readers questions about Notes on Leaving poems, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Notes on Leaving poems

Bonnie
Jun 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Bonnie by: Laisha Rosnau
Winner of the 2005 Acorn Plantos People’s Poetry Prize (The award recognizes poetry written with the common reader in mind.)

I know what I wanted. Air thrust in and out of lungs like blows, that pure physicality, shortness of breath, chests rising, pupils engorged to take in the peaks around us. Fine licks of sweat, taste of salt on mouths, we would always lead ourselves back to where we started.

After reading this book, I have decided that I am going to read more poetry. In this collection, Laish
Andrea
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: canadian, poetry

Good poetry is a journey of discovery where one will find elements of inspiration. As an experimental writer I find nothing more satisfying than reading well written poems. There is a rhythm and a life-force to Laisha's work and I look forward to reading more. Here is a small fragment of a particularly interesting poem that I wanted to share:
From "What Is Taken"(p.82)

"what is lost? How much am I responsible
for giving away? Yes, I followed him
down trails, beside rivers, up slopes,
strained e
Craig
Sep 30, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great "tough-girl" sort of poetics. I really enjoyed the voice. Some great metaphor in an otherwise 'plain language' sort of style. Conversational, narrative, yet quite a bit of depth to it.
nikki
May 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry, 2016
i think i liked "part iv; leaving" the best. on the whole, this is a really nice collection
Michellette