Start by marking “Tales from the Dark Tower” as Want to Read:
Tales from the Dark Tower

Tales from the Dark Tower

ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE--Vampires who dwell deep within forbidden crypts, lost souls who wander mist-shrouded cemeteries, and gargoyles of living stone. Herein lie the dark legends scribed long ago. These tragic tales of myth and forbidden lore chronicle a sinister legacy, as it unfolded in the forgotten past, and the curse that yet lurks within the shadow of th ...more
Published April 20th 2000 by Monolith Graphics

To ask other readers questions about Tales from the Dark Tower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales from the Dark Tower

S.E. Lindberg
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars for Tales from the Dark Tower illustrated by Joseph Vargo
Ghostly, macabre adventure; highly recommended for any read reader willing abandon hope and enter an abandoned Dark Tower
“This world in made of stories, to its core. And because the world is made of stories, you must be very cautious which tales you believe, which ones you tell and which ones you listen to. The right story, or the wrong one, can change you forever.” Russell Novotny co-author

Vargo’s History of Splendid, Dark Desig
Alistair Murphy
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book !, found myself reading these stories till late, and listening to the dark ambient music from Nox Arcana (Joseph Vargo and William Piotrowski) (album-the dark tower). This is one of my favourite books that i have read twice.
Ashley
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I ran across this book in Hot Topic years ago, and just recently ran by it again. As far as horror short story anthologies go, this is definitely at the top of my list. The stories are dark, creepy, and beautiful, and absolutely steeped in atmosphere. The illustrations included are gorgeous. Overall it's not just the stories that are high-quality, but the book itself. For anyone who likes horror, I really recommend this one.
Abigail Early
Another book I couldn't put down. I have been a fan of Nox Arcana's music since I was 15, which in itself tells of dark tales, and inspires a more gothic creativity. I couldn't pass up buying their first book. Combined with listening to another group I'm also a fan of, Midnight Syndicate's "Born of the Night" cd, draws you deep into the dark realm of these ghastly tales.
Michael Sorbello
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If Edgar Allan Poe wrote an epic fantasy, I imagine it would look something like this. A masterpiece of the gothic, complete with gloomy and broken characters, paranoia and melancholy seeping through every page and hauntingly vivid descriptions of dark fantasy landscapes, monstrosities and mythology. Vampires, vengeful ghosts, gargoyles, haunted architecture, bloody sword battles, cursed maidens, this book is a love letter to the foundations of the gothic fiction genre.
Sam
Dec 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book, its well written with creative and descriptive tales and the artwork is amazing and really brings the characters to life. This is a book that simply oozes darkness and brooding and terror and torment, a must for those who prefer a more sinister read
Amanda Martin
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Strange writing and very creepy atmosphere. Love it!
Janelle Schonneker
I picked this up at a Hot Topic a long time ago because I liked the art. I expected the stories would be garbage, but I actually enjoyed it
Julian
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all-time favorite book. The writing, the artwork, the gothic themes. I felt as though I was among life-long friends while reading it.
Catherine
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
Picked this up because I've been a fan of Joseph Vargo's art and music for a long time. It was alright, but I felt myself being left disappointed throughout a chunk of it. This book is a series of short stories revolving around the titular Dark Tower, which is home to vampires, ghosts, and all sorts of paranormal drama.

A lot of the stories were mostly interested in tying themselves to Vargo's already existing artwork. I've been told the artwork in the book is beautiful, however I read this on k
John
Jun 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
The rating reflects my enjoyment of the stories themselves, but some of the writing was poor. However either the writing improved over the course of the book or I just got used to it. Appropriate for Halloween reading!
Kelley Hein
Sep 07, 2016 rated it liked it
The writing is only so-so, but the art is gorgeous.
Lilith Evenstar
Oct 20, 2013
Rachele
Jan 28, 2009
Joseph Vargo
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Andrea
rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2007
Ruchira Bhowmik
Feb 19, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Add author to an anthology 3 15 Mar 30, 2013 05:09PM
For more information about Joseph Vargo, please visit the following websites:
* Monolith Graphics (art, books, publisher): http://www.monolithgraphics.com