Start by marking “CRAZY MAKING” as Want to Read:
CRAZY MAKING

CRAZY MAKING

4.74  ·  Rating details ·  125 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Okay, you asked for the book, and here it is. This amazing package includes Justin's first book spanning over 100 pages and including all lyrics from The Answers through Approaching Normal, and Justin's own thoughts on the how, why and when many of these songs came to life. The perfect companion piece to listen through all of the albums. This is a high quality hard cover, ...more
Published April 2009 by PARIS ON PAPER

To ask other readers questions about CRAZY MAKING, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CRAZY MAKING

Katrina
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Any Blue October fan will LOVE this book of song lyrics!! It is beautifully illustrated and offers the readers even more of an opportunity inside the mind of Justin Furstenfeld (lead singer and lyricist of B.Oct.). This book is a definite necessity for any Blue October fan!

Blue October is a seriously UNDERstated band and does NOT get even a FRACTION of the credit that they deserve. It's true what they say, "Video KILLED the Radio Star." In today's world of "bubblegum pop" where most artists voic
Amber - DancingQueen
Jun 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Justin Furstenfeld, lead singer of the band Blue October, is a gifted lyricist and musician. He creates such depth of feeling with his words. You can't help but empathize with his emotions, whether you have actually been in those situations or not.

The book includes all the song lyrics from the band's various albums, with hand written thoughts, from Justin, on each song. Also included is artwork that Justin created, and photographs.

Justin is brilliant, and this book is a thing to cherish. A must
Astoria
Oct 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: struck-a-chord
Nobody promised that this book was going to be an in depth look into the band or their music. What it helped me do was understand Justin a little bit more, to see where he was coming from with each song, even if his explanation was only a line or two long. I loved it.
Alexis Ortiz
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have been in an obsession with Justin and the band since 2006 and now have all of their albums (Live and Acoustic) and know all of the song’s by heart.
I saw them in a small venue that want even filled to capacity and I was personally hurt by it, I could imagine how crappy that is for them to know/see from the stage. I attended the concert by myself because no one I know is as interested in them as I am, even with my own personal promoting of the band. And of course they were fantastic! It was
Dave Bob
Jan 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
such a good book. im a big blue october fan. this is a must book for every bookshelf.
Michelle
Feb 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: music
Justin is an AMAZING songwriter! If you have not had the opportunity to read Crazy Making, you are missing out on some incredible lyrics.
Michelle (TwilightCougar) Tompkins
One of my most precious books! Signed by the band BTW!

Became obsessed after I realized Stephanie Meyers used their music to write MOST of the Twilight books...
They are all over her playlists on her website...they inspired my beloved stories and I can see why...

Justin did one of the Twilight COncert series with Stephanie and one of the Breaking Dawn special editions is about Blue October and most of my TWI fans have NO clue...

This book explains one of th ethought processes behind one of the most
Jenny
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love these guys!!!! And to have the songs, Justin's words, put into a book....well it's just another reason I think he is so AMAZING!!!! He holds no part of himself back, it's all laid out in his words. Heartbreaking, joyous, angry, threatening,and lifechanging. Our experiences might be very different but on some level we can all relate!
Jonathan
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
I am reviewing the iBooks version.

The main thing you are getting are Justin's lyrics, which are very personal to me, and most of their fanbase.

While I could consider this cool to own in print form, it is very pointless for an ebook, as I could easily just google them.

I got this with the hopes of it having more of backstory and history to his songwriting, but the only supplemental things were rare scribbled sentences at the bottom of select pages. The iBooks version does include audio to many tr
Jen
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge, HUGE Blue October fan, so of COURSE I love this book. I was hoping for a little more insight via Justin's comments, especially in the Foiled section because that album has always been the most "mysterious" for me. I bought it when "Hate Me" came out, and thought it was really strange, but I liked it. However, I didn't get any of their other albums until years later, and I deeply regret that. Most of Justin's songs are so brutally honest you can't NOT know that they are about one pers ...more
Carla
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's simply 5 out of 5 because I'm a huge fan of Blue October’s music.

If you're a fan, than you will appreciate the insight into the inspirations for different songs. No doubt, Justin's account of the trials and tribulations of the music industry paints a rather bleak view of what occurs in building a band....clearly Blue October is "doing it for the love" of their family, fans and ultimately their own artistic expression.

If you are a rock and roll fan than you will appreciate the blood sweat
Katey
Oct 05, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction, poetry
I am a fan of Blue October. I enjoy their music very much, especially Justin Furstenfeld's lyrics. However, as a book, especially one that was delayed shipment way past it's promised date, I am sorely disappointed. It just doesn't hold much water (but plenty of angst and sadness!) and I was expecting many more thoughtful personal editorials accompanying the lyrics. What I got instead were the hurried one or two sentence scribblings.

Sure, it's a nice little book that has all the lyrics, but if ly
Adrian
Dec 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I was maybe expecting a little bit more than what is there, but I was so excited to get this book that what is there made a big difference in how I listen to Blue Ocotber's music. When I first got it I read through a couple of notes. When I got the chance I grabbed my mp3 player and the book and listened to some songs while reading through it.

I've killed my mp3 player battery many, many times since getting and reading this book. Justin's words and lyrics are so powerful. He ha
Sandy
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have been a huge Blue October fan for years but I just received the book as a Christmas gift this year. It is far more than I expected. It feels like you are reading Justin's diary. The notes about each song are scribbled down and some words are misspelled. If you just read the words of the songs, they are beautifully poetic. It gives you a totally different look at the songs that have been listened to a hundred times. It made me cry. I would definitely recommend it to any Blue October fan.
Tashia
Nov 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Blue October Fans
Recommended to Tashia by: Blue October Website
Shelves: favorites
Great book for the Blue October fan, but don't expect a lot of personal biography. It is mostly song lyrics with some hand written notes by Justin and pictures. A very quick read but a must have for Blue October fans.
Sonia
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Was disappointed that the lyrics were only accompanied by a line or two by Justin, was expecting it to be a little more detailed. I picked it up at a Blue October concert in Chicago, great souvenir. His lyrics give me goosebumps.
Tara
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
it is a catalog of the songs with handwritten notes. cool but not enough for a 5
Paula
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wish there was more insight into his lyrics. But still very good.
Crystal
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2014
Borrowed this from a friend. It was an interesting read, but I think I'd prefer just listening to the music.
Amy
Jun 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It's a must have for any Blue October fan.
Max Jurewicz
where to buy? 3 17 Jul 15, 2012 04:47PM
  • Mysterious Stranger: A Book of Magic
  • River Monsters: True Stories of the Ones that Didn't Get Away
  • Self-Efficacy: The Exercise of Control
  • Into the Deep: One Man's Story of How Tragedy Took His Family But Could Not Take His Faith
  • New and Selected Poems: 1962-2012
  • Little Chicago
  • Petectives: Under Fire (Petectives, #3)
  • Anna Begins
  • Destination Truth: Memoirs of a Monster Hunter
  • Illustrated True Crime
  • We Slept Here
  • Lewis and Clark and Me: A Dog's Tale
  • Haunted Ohio II: More Ghostly Tales from the Buckeye State (Buckeye Haunts)