Start by marking “The Contaxis Baby (Greek Tycoons #14)” as Want to Read:
The Contaxis Baby (Greek Tycoons #14)

The Contaxis Baby (Greek Tycoons #14)

In the gossip rags, socialite Lizzie Denton's situation looks pretty ugly--Lizzie meets boy, Lizzie dumps boy, brokenhearted boy dies in horrific car crash. Suddenly she's public enemy number one. And a disinherited heiress, to boot. No job, no home and only a designer wardrobe to keep her company. But the worst part is that the papers got it wrong, and Lizzie promised not ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Harlequin Enterprises (first published January 28th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Contaxis Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Contaxis Baby

Vintage
Okay, I am going to attribute my recent impatience, intolerance and disdain for the usual ass-hattery of Romanceland heroes (example: review of Evan), something of which has entertained me in the past, to the insane levels of menthol zooming through my system. Approximately 250 cough drops consumed daily raises levels of cynicism and lowers the inherent need to suspend ALL disbelief that is necessary in order to enjoy a Harlequin. That and my self-imposed exile to the guest bedroom to cough has ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
I loved this story.....it had a bit of a twist that I wasn't expecting...

The two mc's, Lizzie & Sebastan were beyond adorable.

Sebastan, the rich and gorgeous alpha-male, who turned out to have a heart so soft and filled with gold.....who would have expected that from him?

And Lizzie - you just had to love this woman. Quirky, cute and totally adorable.

Loved their chemistry together, their dialogue which was filled with wit.

One of my LG favourites.......and one of my fav hero/heroine.
Leona
May 07, 2012 Leona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hqn-presents
A satisfying read by Lynne Graham. This one sucks you in right from the start with a cheating boyfriend and conniving evil stepmother. A heroine who is forced to carry the blame for the boyfriends reckless death....(Believe it or not, we aren't even past page 5 yet!) This is a story about revenge, infidelity and unwanted pregnancy. It's about a hero who tries to be an Asshat, but can't pull it off, because he is basically a decent guy. It's about a heroine that is tougher than she looks and isn' ...more
KC
So much fun! I don't remember the last time I laughed so much while reading. Much of the humor ran at Sebasten's expense, but the arrogant billionaire could afford to be taken down a peg. One of my favorite scenes had to be the dinner scene where Sebasten demonstrated his infuriating lack of tact, and Lizzie's fiery response. Gotta love a girl with balls. Hehe. And then there's this dialogue where the author pokes fun at the Greek tycoon cliche:

‘You’re taking me to your home there?’
‘A private i
Fanniny Moreno Zavaleta
4.5 stars ?

First of all I don't trust a playboy hero that doesn't use condoms with the woman he met 5 seconds ago (even if that woman was the heroine and he did ask her if she was safe, as if pregnancy was the only concern, not that her taking the pill helped at all)... BUT I want to believe he really got it bad the moment he saw her (I mean really really bad) because in clear light of day he doesn't trust women one little bit.
Also I'm not a fan of heroes that take their flavor of the month to t
Jenny
Dec 31, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Rich and popular heiress Lizzie finds out her boyfriend is a cheater and on top of that he dies in horrific car crash. Her father kicks her out so she is jobless penniless and miserable. Sebasten our hero is determined to punish the woman who caused his brother's downfall but he falls hard and fast for Lizzie. Pregnancy leads to marriage and angst ensues.

One of the best Harlequin Presents I have ever read. Hero is alpha, sexy, possessive and so jealous of his dead brother and his relationship w
KatieV
3-3.5 stars

It was good. Some may appreciate the twist on some of the old school themes. Mostly, the hero realizing it's against his honor as a HP Greek Tycoon to seek vengeance against a woman.

Wait... wut? *mind blown* That's the foundation of that universe.

So, the revenge plot was scrapped before it ever got off the ground. Disappointing to me as a revenge junky, but the book was still good enough to hold my interest. There was some insider humor too, such as the hero stating that all Greek Tyc
Jacqueline
Another solid story by Lynne Graham. The story sucked me right in. The story developed slightly askew from how you think it's going to. The spoiled socialite heroine, Lizzie, is pretty gutsy and stands up for herself. After she gets unfairly blamed for the suicide of a former boyfriend, everyone turns their backs on her. When her father kicks her out, she just digs in and starts trying to change her life and do for herself. She can't help that that very night she meets Sebasten the dead man's ha ...more
Petunia Wigflip
Apr 26, 2013 Petunia Wigflip rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know, I know, everyone rolls their eyes at Harlequins of any sort. I can't blame you for most of that, but I have a weird but impossible-to-kill love for Lynne Graham. It is true that most of her books follow a certain set of guidelines (especially the males' coloring, for some reason - personal preference on the part of the author? If not, her husband may want to dye his hair black...and get some whiskey-colored eyes), but there are times I like a business-minded-but-unbelievably-clueless-in- ...more
Roub
Nov 22, 2012 Roub rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
the book was awesome !! i simply adored it, so entertaining !! can't forget that scene where a brunette asked sebastian who was his latest lady and he replied he was still looking..when actually he was having an affair with lizzie. lizzie actually got up n threw her glass contents in his face and gasped out "when i find a real man, i'll let you know!" she did not hesitate one minute or bother that there were many people around them. she gave the callous man what he deserved ! dat was the best pa ...more
Melanie♥
The first 75% was a solid four star read. The last part was a little less engrossing, but still a very good LG read.
Onu
Jan 03, 2014 Onu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Onu by: Roub
This was a very entertaining book. A real page turner. LynnE Graham writes really good, engaging stories. Thanks Roub for recommending this one to one.

I didn't like the hero Sebastan much. He was extremely mean to the heroine, Lizzie. I felt like smacking his face a couple of times. I hated the jaunty, smug way he replied to the cameraman parked outside her house that she would be too happy and willing to pick up where they left off.

I particularly hate it when men suddenly develop a conscience
Kiki
Apparently if a guy comes up to me with a proposition I'm to say yes DESPITE my feelings and position.
I wonder if polygamy would be acceptable to the Greek tycoons for their females because I personally had to let down more than one guys.
Now I can't just tell a guy no just because I'm in a relationship, how do I know they wouldn't go and kill themselves, and their Greek billionaire relatives won't come to me for revenge?
And I can't also dump my current relationship because by the HP rules, a) I
Marajean
Hero is a jerk to heroine because he thinks she ditched his half brother, causing him to get drunk, crash he car and kill himself.

The heroine has been a social pariah since the accident because everyone loved the other guy and think she's just a queen B. Really she found him boinking her stepmother and only agreed to keep it secret because stepmommy is pregnant with her half-sibling.

Heroine tries to make a life for herself and hero is there setting her up for a big fall. I loved the heroine set
lily waheed
Jun 27, 2017 lily waheed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
isn't lizzie the cutest heroine ever! !!!??
IamGamz
Loved this book. It was a fun and exciting read. Loved Lizzie and the way she challenged Sebasten and the way he frustrated the heck of her. I loved the twist, hated the evil stepmother and was really pissed at Lizzie's dad. But the HEA was wonderful and it made me happy.
StMargarets
Tia
Dec 14, 2011 Tia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book but lets face the facts here, the hero was one of the biggest dicks I've ever read about. Although he had the quickest and sweetest turn around once he was presented with the facts.
Shanelle
This is a good story.
Tishke
Mar 03, 2016 Tishke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A page turner. I loved all the drama.
Claire
Apr 30, 2011 Claire rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Revenge plot gone awry. Hero's stepbrother died and everybody thinks spoilt, rich heroine had caused the suicide when actually the heroine has been the wronged 'un. One night stand. Heroine became penurious had to work at his company while having an affair with him. Pregnancy leads to marriage while issues unsettled. Hero tried to give her space then she left over little misunderstanding --Incredible!! -- when she could have upped-and-left him for bigger issues. Reconciliation but big satisfying ...more
Etty
Oct 02, 2012 Etty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
LG emang salah satu penulis HQ favoritku. Membaca ini penuh dengan emosi hahaha... Sempat geram bagaimana Lizzie dikucilkan semuanya bahkan sama bapaknya sendiri hanya gara2 bekas pacarnya mati ada affair ama ibu tirinya. Cerita ini membuktikan kalo manusia tuh memang hanya bisa melihat yang nyata dan mendengar yang kedengaran aja tanpa tahu bahwa dibalik semua yang kelihatan itu belum tentu sama seperti itu
Calatasde
Ben Şahsen çok basit buldum konuyu.İçinde duygu hissettim sayılmaz.Nasıl diyeyim...Okudum tamam hislerini okudum ama okurken bunları hissetmedim :) Lynne Graham'ın kitaplarını seviyorum ama nedense bu kitabı konu fena olmasa da bu kitabında hayal kırıklığına uğradım.Türkiye'de kitabın adı İntikam alacakken.
Amie Doughty
Aug 08, 2016 Amie Doughty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Enjoyable, but Graham seems to be obsessed with "golden-eyed" men (or else I've just picked 4 books randomly with that description of the men). I liked that Lizzie wouldn't take crap from Sebasten and his baffled responses to her actions were entertaining. I still have issues with Graham's handling of point of view, but at least this novel gives both perspectives throughout.
Lady Raven RAVE!
I enjoyed this romance novel very much because it was not the same old story. I liked the fact that it was realistic because it happens often in real life that couples in love end up fighting and breaking up for misunderstandings or just for not admitting their feelings to each other. This is the first romance novel that I have read that shows this.
Missy
Oct 28, 2013 Missy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lizzie is a spunky gal that when the chips are down she gets tough and fights for her right to decide her own life. There are some fun settings where she proves her mettle. Wonderful writing by Lynne Graham.
Katlego Mavukani
Mar 15, 2016 Katlego Mavukani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-best-reads
If you ask me, the story looked a bit more like forbidden love because of the Connor Morgan issue. That gave me the encouragement to want to go on. Also, our heroine had insecurities about herself and I guess they made me curious about how was she going to get rid them.
Janna
Jul 12, 2015 Janna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are just something that I enjoy. Even HP books usually have a pretty similar plot, each one still has something unique to the other books. These a brilliant to waste your summer holiday on and I'm looking forward to reading yet another one of these HP books. Just love them.
  • The Billionaire's Pregnant Mistress (Petronides Brothers Duo #1; Greek Tycoons #4)
  • Behind the Palace Walls
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Raul's Revenge
  • Greek Tycoon, Waitress Wife
  • Gold Ring of Betrayal
  • The Italian's Wedding Ultimatum (Modern Romance S.)
  • Bought For Her Baby
  • The Bride Thief
  • The Demetrios Virgin
  • Marriage Meltdown
  • The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess (The Royal House of Karedes #5)
  • Wedlocked: Banished Sheikh, Untouched Queen (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #1)

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
More about Lynne Graham...

Greek Tycoons (1 - 10 of 57 books)
  • Constantine's Revenge
  • Husband on Trust
  • Expectant Bride
  • The Cozakis Bride
  • The Tycoon's Bride
  • The Millionaire's Virgin
  • The Demetrios Virgin
  • Marriage at His Convenience | Cinta Terpendam
  • The Kyriakis Baby (Modern Romance)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Bride  (Greek Tycoons) (Harlequin Presents)