Start by marking “The First-Year Teacher's Checklist: A Quick Reference for Classroom Success” as Want to Read:
The First-Year Teacher's Checklist: A Quick Reference for Classroom Success

The First-Year Teacher's Checklist: A Quick Reference for Classroom Success

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
This easy-to-use reference--with hundreds of helpful, classroom-tested answers, ideas, techniques, and teachingtools--will help you on your way to a successful andproductive school year. Designed to be flexible, the book offers achoice of ideas and approaches that best fit your classroomsituation. Master teacher Julia Thompson shows you how to:
Develop successful relationsh
Published April 20th 2009 by Jossey-Bass

To ask other readers questions about The First-Year Teacher's Checklist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First-Year Teacher's Checklist

Erin
Apr 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I saw this book on the bookshelf of the teacher I'm observing for my onsite teaching experience. She let me take a quick flip through the book (which is comprised mostly of checklists) and I found it a very good help-tool. It reiterates a lot of the terms used in my teaching classes at the university and reminds me to always have a good disposition and keep the students first. It comes chalk-full with wonderful teacher resources (including some online gaffs I'd never heard of until now) and some ...more
Amanda Kaye
Aug 11, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: education-school
It probably would be a good book for a first year teacher...but I've read better. It simply skimmed over items that you should be aware of in your classroom, but didn't really get to the heart of the issues. How to deal with the real problems. It sounds nice and is comprehensive, but it's like drinking a shake for dinner instead of eating meat and potatoes.
Taylor Chism
Aug 31, 2015 rated it did not like it
This book was not helpful at all. There was way too many checklists to read, and concepts are not explained. There are many better books for the first days of school and this is not the one.
Van
Jun 28, 2017
Neha Patil
Oct 19, 2014
Jenna Grubman
rated it did not like it
Feb 27, 2018
Julia G. Thompson received her B.A. in English from Virginia Tech and has been a teacher in the public schools of Virginia, Arizona, and North Carolina for more than thirty-five years. She has taught a wide variety of courses including freshman composition at Virginia Tech and all of the secondary English grades (7-12). Her students have been diverse in ethnic groups as well as in age, ranging fro ...more