Start by marking “Heights of Passion (Stories for Older Men & Younger Lovers #1)” as Want to Read:
Heights of Passion (Stories for Older Men & Younger Lovers #1)

Heights of Passion (Stories for Older Men & Younger Lovers #1)

From the eerie mystery of YOU'VE GOT MALE and the homicides of HAPPY HOUR, to the insistent rhythms of EL BAILE and the glitter of HEIGHTS OF PASSION, these tales bristle with erotic excitement.---A man plans to leave his wife for a lover-Two queens get their dead batteries jumped by a foreign student-An older man attempts to train a young stud as his pet-Murder/suicide in ...more
Published January 13th 2009 by Booksurge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Heights of Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heights of Passion

A.B. Gayle
Jul 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelf-32
If you equate "passion" with "sex" you will be disappointed when you realize the stories in "Heights of Passion" are about people, situations, relationships not what they get up to in the bedroom or other places where they conjugate, and I'm not talking verbs here.

The secondary title is "stories for older men & younger lovers". As I often do *winks*, I contacted Don Schecter and we had some interesting email chats about why he wrote and self-published these tales. He answered:

I wrote because
Naqshi Khan
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading this series, I opted for volume II first, because I had the opinion that no author can cover all corners and aspects in a first effort. Always some areas remain untouched. But I had to change my mind after reading Volume I, "Heights of Passion". Don proved me absolutely wrong and produced a masterful gem in his writing debut.

The magic of "Out of the Box", which I really enjoyed, was still in my mind when I started 'Apollo in the Garden' , the first story of "Heights of Pas
Leslie Nicoll
Aug 11, 2010 rated it it was ok
Heights of Passion? Sorry, no. This is a series of semi-interesting stories that I was mildly enjoying (although not reaching any heights)...then I hit a m/f story followed by one with a santorum scene and that made it a DNF for me. Oh well...
Hans
Nov 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I just re-read Heights of Passion and once again found the stories fresh and original. The characters very quickly become real people with well defined personalities that I can relate to. What a pleasant break to read well-written tales of gay life that don't conform to the old formulas. In addition to the sheer reading pleasure, these stories will certainly add to your understanding of gay life even if you already live it.

I strongly recommend reading also the other books in the same series by D
Erin (PT)
I love May-December romances, which is what inspired me to pick up this book, but after picking up a sample from Amazon, which contained the entire first story of the anthology and about half of a second, I can see that Schecter's writing style isn't for me.

Both stories were a lot more tell than show, felt woefully underdeveloped and the second story kept flip flopping POV in the middle of scenes, which is a huge peeve of mine.
Jaime García
Jul 01, 2014
Don Schecter
Jul 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: gay-fiction, books