Start by marking “Wild Horses of the Red Desert” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Wild Horses of the Red...

Glen Rounds

Wild Horses of the Red Desert

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Traces the season-to-season activities of a band of wild horses as they raise their young, evade enemies, and survive the rigors of their badlands home.
Published January 1st 1969 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about Wild Horses of the Red Desert, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Horses of the Red Desert

Dorine
I have the 2nd printing from 1974. I'm guessing this was one of my sisters' books, since I would have been too old to be interested. I think I was reading Gone with the Wind in 1974. Both sisters were horse-obsessed like me, so it's a good educational book for those interested in wild horses.

I'm betting I read it to one or both of them, even though I don't remember. We all remember Scat, Scat by Sally R. Francis - my mom's favorite that she still has.

What's really fun is that this book was 60 ce
Rena Sherwood
This was in the class library at one of the elementary school grades I was in. We had to do a book report a week. The teacher chided me for choosing this book as it was "far below your reading level." Silly me -- wanting to read a book because I wanted to and not because it was at my suitable reading level. It's a lovely book about mustangs done in Glenn Rounds' unique shaggy and simply elegant way.
Shayla
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is all about horses and how they live in the Red Desert. What dangers they face, and where they go.
I like this book because the illustrations look like cavemen drew them. It is so creative! The story is very informational about horses and how they live in the Red Desert.
I would share this book with my children because it is a great representation of simple things teaching children great messages.
Jun 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kept, trade
This is a book from my childhood that my mother was getting rid of; so I grabbed it and absorbed it into my own library. :D

Lovely illustrations are in this book about wild mustangs.
Cws