Start by marking “My Spy (SEAL and Code Name, #3)” as Want to Read:
My Spy (SEAL and Code Name, #3)

My Spy (SEAL and Code Name #3)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  715 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Annie O’Toole has a past....

The last time Annie saw Sam, they were lying in each other’s arms beneath a canopy of stars. Now Annie paces a secluded airfield at midnight, awaiting the arrival of an unmarked Navy helicopter. Her assignment: Get this Navy SEAL back into fighting form pronto–and keep his identity a secret. But who’s going to protect her from a man who looks at
Published (first published January 29th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about My Spy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Spy

Ginger Mcclintick
The third book in this series is good also. What a great author.
Christie P.
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Annie and Sam had an incredibly hot and heavy fling a month ago while Sam was sailing down to Mexico. They both knew it couldn't last long but that didn't stop it from hurting when they had to part ways. Now here Annie is, still at her spa and resort, seeing Sam on television saving a bunch of kids on an out of control school bus.

Not long after she gets a phone call from a government agent letting her know they are bringing Sam to her spa for recuperation and physical therapy, from her. But Sam
Kristi
This book has actually turned into something of a mystery all in its own right. I went to find the book so that I could write this review, only to discover it seems to be missing! I have checked my boxes of books to get rid of, my shelves of books to keep, my stack of read but not reviewed, and my to-be-read stacks. It's simply "poofed" from the existence of my house. Hunh. So needless to say, I had to snag my synopsis from Goodreads this time. I'm a little bummed, because I do remember enjoying ...more
Dec 11, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Third in the Series.
Annie O'Toole is overworked and seems to love it. A month ago she had a steamy affair with a man on his way to Mexico in his sailboat. So, what is he doing on top of a runaway school bus in Washington D.C. dressed in a Navy uniform?
Sam McKade is a hero all the way. He's on his way to report on his latest top secret mission when a runaway school bus needs saving. He steps in to save the day, but nearly loses his life in the process and does lose his memory.
Annie gets tasked
LJ
My Spy - Ok
Christina Sky
Running the coastal California spa that has been in her family for three generations has left Annie O'Toole with little time for a love life, except for a brief affair with a mysterious man who left for Mexico on his yacht. The next time she sees Sam McKade, he's on television, a hero who rescued children from a speeding bus that slammed into a cement barrier. Broken, bleeding, and suffering from amnesia, Sam, actually a Navy SEAL, is sent to Annie's spa for rehabilitatio
Anita
Choppy, disjointed, time sequences don't jive and a whole lot of technical issues that distract from what is a very good plot. The angst level is also on the high side.

Annie and SEAL Sam got friendly at her resort in Big Sur, CA while he was undercover working to find a traitor. Someone is sabotaging programs at the Naval Weapons Test Center, China Lake, CA (Go China Lake! I actually have been at this facility.) Sam is back in Washington to report to Admiral Howe. On his way, he encounters a ru
Lhenry
I have read a couple in this series and liked this one the best. The beginning with the bus accident was very exciting and suspenseful and Sam is a hero I took to immediately. I also liked Annie and Taylor and sisterly relationship. The ending at the cabin was also exciting - how can you not like a grand finale that includes a helocopter attack and a dog named Donegal?

But I found one thing annoying and I think it's due to what I like as a reader - not to any flaws in the book. I was all getting
Ann Marie
Oct 04, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book a lot. I've liked all of her "Code Name" books. This seems to be one of the first Navy Seal books before the Code Name books. Sam McKade recovers at Annie's resort unable to remember how he was hurt or the details of the mission or his prior relationship with Annie. Skye cleverly weaves in characters (like Izzy) who are smart and cunning. She is also able to make me feel like I know these characters. Great plot and story.
Sabrina
Oct 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves romance
This book was full of adverntures and adrelline. I loved this book, and would recommend this book to anyone fond of romance. It ended with a hapily ever after like every romance novels. I thought this book was so well described, that i was watching the whole even happen instead of reading about it. This book was definently a page turner, and I was able to understand how the protagonist was feeling every second of the adventure.
Lisa
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title is a bit of a misnomer. The lead male is a Navy SEAL and the lead female owns/runs an exclusive resort. Neither is a spy. That being said the story is still very good with several intriguing twists. I enjoyed the descriptions of the scenery, the sister's creativity & caring, and the reappearance of 'Izzy' from "Going Overboard". This is a fast paced story that you'll want to read straight through. Enjoy it, and dream of gorgeous beaches and hot Navy SEALS.
Linda
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not your run of the mill book about a Navy SEAL so it was fun to read. I loved reading about the spa and the different exercises Annie used on Sam to try and heal his shoulder and his partially rebuilt knee after a heroic accident.

The suspense was just enough to want you to continue reading at the end of each chapter.
Robin
Apr 29, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007
There was a time when I was buying Skye's books as they came out. But when she really shifted her focus to contemporary (from historical and supernatural/time-travel), she dropped off my radar. I picked this up mainly because it looked like it could be fun, and it was free (go-go strip-cover!). And it was fun. Cute. God love those amnesiac secret-agent-Navy-SEALS-types.
Brianna
Feb 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, comtemorpary
i think this is my favorite soo far in the series. The man female character, Annie, manages to not get on my nerves like the others. and Sam, he was willinly to take a chance on Annie, when usually it's the women who demands more. i like that about him. it was pretty good and i can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Peni
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: mystery-suspense
I love this series by Christina Skye. Each story stands on it's own but when reading them all, the story is only enhanced. These are fast paced and quite edgy. In my opinion, these stories are for adult readers.

Highly recommended.
Marilyn
This is a great stroy that will enjoy and people you will fall in love with also will reread many times!!
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cindy Trubisky
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a fun continuation from my spy. Annie & Sam make an appearance but the adventure with Taylor is fun and exciting with the SEAL team again. I really like the combo of mystery, action and romance.
Sue
Jul 03, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book...quick read.
Rachel
Jan 13, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pathetic excuse for a romance.
Briana
Aug 08, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story. Loved it
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Modern
Pat
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Annie owns/manages a spa resort. Meets Sam. He is a spy, needs rehab, she helps.
OK +
Jul 03, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, fast read. So glad that Izzy made an appearance! Definitely a fan of this series and so looking forward to reading the next one!
Joni
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A delightful, romantic, mystery thriller. Exotic resort, sexy men, beautiful women, weird happenings, this book has it all, and it was all put together very well. A good read.
Lisa
Dec 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A relaxing read to kick back with and escape for a bit.
I enjoyed it.
Tina
Jul 11, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF on page 94 (26%). I loved the book when I first read it, but now rereading it… the writing style just does not work for me. And I disliked Annie.
Danielle Gignac
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked and enjoyed Sam and Annie's story. I loved that Izzy was in this book again. I hope he eventually gets his own story.
Zelda Wendy
Sep 15, 2011
Rebecca Summers
Jan 14, 2012
Sara
Sep 06, 2015
  • Loose and Easy (Steele Street, #9)
  • Too Far Gone (SEAL Team 12, #6)
  • It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #6)
  • Blaze
  • Night Shadow (T-FLAC, #14)
  • Ace Is Wild
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
  • Big Bad Wolf (COS Commando)
  • Naked Truth (Dragon One #1)
AKA Roberta Helmer

Roberta Helmer is an American writer of Chinese art and culture and as Christina Skye is a best-selling USA Today and Publishers Weekly writer of over 23 romance novels. Her romance book have been traslated into 8 languages.

Roberta Helmer was born in Dayton, Ohio, U.S.A., an is a descendant of Revolutionary War hero Adam Helmer. She attended the University of Pennsylvania and ob
More about Christina Skye...

SEAL and Code Name (9 books)
  • 2000 Kisses (SEAL and Code Name, #1)
  • Going Overboard (SEAL and Code Name, #2)
  • Hot Pursuit (SEAL and Code Name, #4)
  • Code Name: Nanny (SEAL and Code Name, #5)
  • Code Name: Princess (SEAL and Code Name, #6)
  • Code Name: Baby (SEAL and Code Name, #7)
  • Code Name: Blondie (SEAL and Code Name, #8)
  • Code Name: Bikini (SEAL and Code Name, #9)