Start by marking “Soul Mate” as Want to Read:
Soul Mate

Soul Mate

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  609 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Kari Pearce lives the life of a lone werewolf. No one knows of her affliction, not even her sister. When she hears of a missing child up in the Sequoias, Kari goes on the hunt to find the child and her abductor before tragedy can occur. Saving the child is easy, avoiding the FBI agent associated with the case, is not.

Agent Nick Murdock knows he's seen Kari before but damn
ebook, Second, 81 pages
Published August 18th 2011 (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Soul Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Mate

nd ♥Master's kitten♥
Quick hot read. Been awhile since I've read paranormal, and this one gave me a quick fix. Couple of good twists that I didn't expect. I like that in a book.
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
The direction that Catherine Bybee's SOUL MATE took was pleasantly surprising. Many of the things I expected to happen did not come to fruition and I love it when a story catches me off guard.

Kari Pearce is a loner. She lives a life secret from even her sister, who is also her best friend. Kari has embraced her life of solitude in order to protect her secret. Instead of focusing on the events of her infection, her story focuses on how she leverages her canine senses to make the human world a bet
Romancing the Book
Oct 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, erotica
Reviewed by Robin
Ebook provided by publisher

From the first page to the last this is a book that keeps you wanting to read to find the outcome. It holds all the key ingredients for a great story. You have everything from danger and suspense, to romance, with some steamy sex added in.

For Kari Pierce, romance is just not something that comes easy when you have a secret that most men wouldn’t be able to understand let alone handle. But, from the first time she meets sexy FBI agent Nick Murdock her w
MoonGlitter
There is quite a bit of story packed into this little novella!
Kari is a private investigator who found a way to use her werewolf senses and abilities for the greater good. But it's not easy keeping the fact that your a werewolf a secret. So she has to be very careful. And a relationship, well that's just impossible. Until she meets Nick.
Nick is an FBI agent who was working the case of a would be child molester when he met Kari. She sparked his interest as soon as he saw her. He definitely has a
Angel Martinez
Jul 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Most werewolf stories focus on the 'infection' - the events leading up to and following the change, the how and why and the nechanics of it. In Soul Mate, while the were aspect is vital to the story and Kari is perhaps the most lupine character I have ever met, the nitty-gritty of lycanthropy does not overshadow plot and character development.

Ms. Bybee does a wonderful job with the slow reveal, allowing the reader to discover the characters in a natural progression rather than having them dumped
Maureen Kelly
67 pages,mostly drivel. Amateur effort.

Not long enough to do a proper storyline and character development. It starts off ok, the middle is rushed as well. Totally unbelievable ending for me. It could have been good, but it wasn't. Too bad. If I had read this short story as my first introduction,I would never have read anything else she wrote. Fortunately for me that wasn't the case as I really enjoyed her time travel novels and plan to buy any more in the series.

I cannot recommend this. It's a
Gina Ceballos
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Bybee has become a “go to writer” for me. I have enjoyed her novels very much and find her novellas refreshing, funny, witty and her character are always have upbeat personas.

I can say this was another great short read. The characters as usual are not moody, the relationship was developed pretty quickly (due to the length of the book), you see how Kari roll with the punches of life and get the best out of it, including a Soul Mate.

Nick was mesmerize by Kari right from the start and to see he
The Project
Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Brandi
Nov 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. Summing it up, it was short, sharp and sexy. Kari was a lovely strong female character that was perfectly matched with Nick as the male. What I found really fun and new was the twist that the FBI played in the story. Since I dig werewolves as much, well OK, more than most people, I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes strong characters, sweet sweet love or super hot steamy love scenes! Excellent job by Catherine Bybee.
TJ
Mar 25, 2010 rated it liked it
The synopsis for this short story sounded really interesting so I picked it up, inspite of the hokey cover. The plot contains a child molester, a werewolf who secretly helps people, an FBI agent following her, sex and falling in love (unfortunately in that order) - just too big a chunk to have to tackle in 81 pages. Ms. Bybee's writing is wonderful and the ideas are great, this had potential to be an incredible full-length novel.
Netanella
Mar 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters
I loved this book - short and sweet and beautifully written. The story begins in the middle of action - Kari the werewolf saving a little girl from a predator in the woods - and then progresses through the introduction of the love interest, Nick the FBI agent who meets her in the local diner eavesdropping on the local law enforcement.

Nick and Kari's relationship is a slow reveal that is beautifully done. I will definitely look for more by this author.
The BookChick
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ok, this story was a classic example of “short and sweet” … 5 STARS from one of the chronically happily-ever-after afflicted.

Nick and Kari were great protagonists. The book had action, adventure, and romance in a perfect mixture that pulled together a well-written story.

No other commentary needed on this one…It was a great read.
Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!)
April says "There is a lot packed into this quick read and I would have loved a full length novel with these characters. I look forward to reading more by Ms. Bybee and would recommend Soul Mate for a great afternoon read!"

For more of her review click on the link to our website http://www.nocturnereads.com/Soul-Mat...
Carisa
Feb 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Read this novella to check a new author. Writing was good, story sweet but predictable, with the bit 'marry me' after only few days -still I think I may read this author again.
SCENES/CONTENT: few/mild
GENRE/TONE: paranorma/drama
LENGTH: 46 pages
Stacie
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story a lot. Ms. Bybee packed a lot of character and emotional punch into a short story. I got really vested in Kari and Nick's HEA. I wish there was more. Happy reading!
Kristy
Another Catherine Bybee short story that I liked. I really like her werewolf stories. They are fun reads.
Susan Marmo
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read this one and really liked the writing. I am not so into werewolves and vampires but this was really good.
Sussan
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great short read
Destiny
Sep 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Kari Pierce keeps a deep, dark secret from everyone. She’s part werewolf...

Read my review at http://www.romancejunkies.com
Kelley
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was a surprise to me...a fun, romantic, paranormal. I really enjoy the humor that is a part of the writing.
Tala
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved Nick. It would have been a 5 star had it been longer.
Hollie
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
~3.5 stars~

A short but satisfying read - it was a pretty typical shifter read but I will still check out more of this writers work in the future.
Tricia
May 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Fun werewolf romance :)
Maree Repa
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love this one
Catherine
Aug 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dark Diva Reviews gives Soul Mate 5 Divas and top pick of October 2009.

Merged review:

5 Divas and Oct 09 Top Pick~

When I first opened this book, I was carried away by the world that Ms. Bybee created. Even set in a contemporary time and setting, Kari’s character leaps off the page. Her need to do good far outweighs the inherent dangers and risks she takes. Kari is such a courageous woman, I found myself rooting for her as she hunted the bad guy while still trying to deal with a determined FBI age
Hollie
Short and steamy even though a little cheesy

This made for a nice lunch break read. Here's my breakdown:

The pros:
* The sex was pretty hot
* I really enjoyed how the story started with her going to save a little girl in need
* I liked the writing style - it flowed well

The cons:
* HORRIBLE case of insta-love
* Beyond predictable
* Overpriced - Its currently listed at $1.99 which is a lot for a book just over 60 pages
* Lacked depth (with the characters and the plot)
Lisa Swanepoel
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
I love a good trashy romance more than most and I don't mind when stories are somewhat predictable but this was simply rushed with no character development, no suspence or excitement, no build up of any sort. This felt like a teenage English assignment. The only reason it missed one star was that the grammar is not poor.
Asia Bridges
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Words can't describe how much I love werewolves books especially those having to do with mating and finding your soul mate. Kari was so closed off until finally she meets and I am calling him by his last name because the way she says it is funny Murdock. He did not waste no time into loving her and unraveling her secrets. I love this book. You won't be disappointed!!!
Connie
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great short story

Love Catherine Bybee's work. This short story is no exception. It is a love story that includes a FBI agent and a werewolf.
My only problem is the use of borough instead of bureau.
Chloe Friend
It was short and the ending felt a little rushed... But I liked it well enough. The ending really did feel like the author was saying, "Lets get this book over with." Which was sad as the rest was really good. If it wasn't for the rushed ending it would have been a five star easily...
Where can I find this book? 2 11 Sep 30, 2011 09:15AM
  • Resisting The Alpha (The Crane Curse, #2)
  • Her Billionaire Alpha (Moon Pack Rules #2)
  • Seducing the Dragon: Part 4 (Stonefire Dragons, #2 part 4 of 4)
  • Shadow Kissed: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #3.1)
  • Just a Dream (Carolina Pack, #1)
  • All I Want For Christmas is a Werewolf (Changeling Encounters, #3)
  • Blood of the Wolf (Wolves of Black River, #2)
  • Bound to Night (Sisters of the Moon, #1)
  • Accidentally Wolf (Mystic Wolves, #1)
  • The Ornament: Adrian and Sheri (Ornament, #3)
  • The New Alpha
  • Baby's Got Bite (Take It Like a Vamp, #2)
  • Werewolf Rage (Taming the Wolf, #2)
  • Her Wolf, Her Protector

Silent Vows

Finalist RT Award in Contemporary Romance
Fiance by Friday

New York Times
More about Catherine Bybee...