Start by marking “Soul Mate” as Want to Read:
Soul Mate

Soul Mate

Kari Pearce lives the life of a lone werewolf. No one knows of her affliction, not even her sister. When she hears of a missing child up in the Sequoias, Kari goes on the hunt to find the child and her abductor before tragedy can occur. Saving the child is easy, avoiding the FBI agent associated with the case, is not.

Agent Nick Murdock knows he's seen Kari before but damn
ebook, Second, 81 pages
Published August 18th 2011 (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Soul Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Mate

nd ♥ kitten ♥
Quick hot read. Been awhile since I've read paranormal, and this one gave me a quick fix. Couple of good twists that I didn't expect. I like that in a book.
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
The direction that Catherine Bybee's SOUL MATE took was pleasantly surprising. Many of the things I expected to happen did not come to fruition and I love it when a story catches me off guard.

Kari Pearce is a loner. She lives a life secret from even her sister, who is also her best friend. Kari has embraced her life of solitude in order to protect her secret. Instead of focusing on the events of her infection, her story focuses on how she leverages her canine senses to make the human world a bet
Romancing the Book
Oct 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, paranormal
Reviewed by Robin
Ebook provided by publisher

From the first page to the last this is a book that keeps you wanting to read to find the outcome. It holds all the key ingredients for a great story. You have everything from danger and suspense, to romance, with some steamy sex added in.

For Kari Pierce, romance is just not something that comes easy when you have a secret that most men wouldn’t be able to understand let alone handle. But, from the first time she meets sexy FBI agent Nick Murdock her w
MoonGlitter
There is quite a bit of story packed into this little novella!
Kari is a private investigator who found a way to use her werewolf senses and abilities for the greater good. But it's not easy keeping the fact that your a werewolf a secret. So she has to be very careful. And a relationship, well that's just impossible. Until she meets Nick.
Nick is an FBI agent who was working the case of a would be child molester when he met Kari. She sparked his interest as soon as he saw her. He definitely has a
Angel Martinez
Jul 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Most werewolf stories focus on the 'infection' - the events leading up to and following the change, the how and why and the nechanics of it. In Soul Mate, while the were aspect is vital to the story and Kari is perhaps the most lupine character I have ever met, the nitty-gritty of lycanthropy does not overshadow plot and character development.

Ms. Bybee does a wonderful job with the slow reveal, allowing the reader to discover the characters in a natural progression rather than having them dumped
Maureen Kelly
67 pages,mostly drivel. Amateur effort.

Not long enough to do a proper storyline and character development. It starts off ok, the middle is rushed as well. Totally unbelievable ending for me. It could have been good, but it wasn't. Too bad. If I had read this short story as my first introduction,I would never have read anything else she wrote. Fortunately for me that wasn't the case as I really enjoyed her time travel novels and plan to buy any more in the series.

I cannot recommend this. It's a
Gina Ceballos
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Bybee has become a “go to writer” for me. I have enjoyed her novels very much and find her novellas refreshing, funny, witty and her character are always have upbeat personas.

I can say this was another great short read. The characters as usual are not moody, the relationship was developed pretty quickly (due to the length of the book), you see how Kari roll with the punches of life and get the best out of it, including a Soul Mate.

Nick was mesmerize by Kari right from the start and to see he
The Project
Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Brandi
Nov 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. Summing it up, it was short, sharp and sexy. Kari was a lovely strong female character that was perfectly matched with Nick as the male. What I found really fun and new was the twist that the FBI played in the story. Since I dig werewolves as much, well OK, more than most people, I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes strong characters, sweet sweet love or super hot steamy love scenes! Excellent job by Catherine Bybee.
TJ
Mar 25, 2010 rated it liked it
The synopsis for this short story sounded really interesting so I picked it up, inspite of the hokey cover. The plot contains a child molester, a werewolf who secretly helps people, an FBI agent following her, sex and falling in love (unfortunately in that order) - just too big a chunk to have to tackle in 81 pages. Ms. Bybee's writing is wonderful and the ideas are great, this had potential to be an incredible full-length novel.
Netanella
Mar 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters
I loved this book - short and sweet and beautifully written. The story begins in the middle of action - Kari the werewolf saving a little girl from a predator in the woods - and then progresses through the introduction of the love interest, Nick the FBI agent who meets her in the local diner eavesdropping on the local law enforcement.

Nick and Kari's relationship is a slow reveal that is beautifully done. I will definitely look for more by this author.
The BookChick
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ok, this story was a classic example of “short and sweet” … 5 STARS from one of the chronically happily-ever-after afflicted.

Nick and Kari were great protagonists. The book had action, adventure, and romance in a perfect mixture that pulled together a well-written story.

No other commentary needed on this one…It was a great read.
Asia Bridges
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Words can't describe how much I love werewolves books especially those having to do with mating and finding your soul mate. Kari was so closed off until finally she meets and I am calling him by his last name because the way she says it is funny Murdock. He did not waste no time into loving her and unraveling her secrets. I love this book. You won't be disappointed!!!
Carisa
Feb 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Read this novella to check a new author. Writing was good, story sweet but predictable, with the bit 'marry me' after only few days -still I think I may read this author again.
SCENES/CONTENT: few/mild
GENRE/TONE: paranorma/drama
LENGTH: 46 pages
Stacie
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story a lot. Ms. Bybee packed a lot of character and emotional punch into a short story. I got really vested in Kari and Nick's HEA. I wish there was more. Happy reading!
Kristy Mills
Another Catherine Bybee short story that I liked. I really like her werewolf stories. They are fun reads.
Susan Marmo
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read this one and really liked the writing. I am not so into werewolves and vampires but this was really good.
Sussan
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great short read
Destiny
Sep 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Kari Pierce keeps a deep, dark secret from everyone. She’s part werewolf...

Read my review at http://www.romancejunkies.com
Kelley
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was a surprise to me...a fun, romantic, paranormal. I really enjoy the humor that is a part of the writing.
Tala
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved Nick. It would have been a 5 star had it been longer.
Hollie
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
~3.5 stars~

A short but satisfying read - it was a pretty typical shifter read but I will still check out more of this writers work in the future.
Tricia
Love this one
Nancy Silk
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Woof, Woof!"

There is a child missing in the Sequoia Forest. Kari Pearce (AKA as Agent Scully, a private investigator) goes on the hunt to find the little girl and her kidnapper. FBI Agent Nick Murdock joins her in the search. He's familiar with Kari and is drawn to her, even if she lives like a lone wolf and has secrets which impact her life. This is a short, fast moving story of sharing the truth and finding love. Another enjoyable story by Catherine Bybee.
pauline ioane
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome.

Well I have read loads of love/romance story but this book has a twist like no other and I couldn't put it down. I felt for Kari wanting love and passion but her being a werewolf made it impossible or so she thought. Thanks Catherine Bybee for writing this wonderful book for me to read. I recommend this book to fantasy/romance fans.
Diana salazar
Apr 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Demasiada corta

Tan corta que parece un capítulo en lugar de un libro, incluso el plot se resuelve en una sola página
Liz
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short!

Short and sweet! I felt disappointed when it ended wanting the story to keeping going but otherwise good if you’re looking for a short story
Melvina Conroy
Dec 02, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Expected more

Story line started of great but was rushed as if the author couldn't wait to finish writing. Really disappointed 😞
Catherine
Aug 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dark Diva Reviews gives Soul Mate 5 Divas and top pick of October 2009.

Merged review:

5 Divas and Oct 09 Top Pick~

When I first opened this book, I was carried away by the world that Ms. Bybee created. Even set in a contemporary time and setting, Kari’s character leaps off the page. Her need to do good far outweighs the inherent dangers and risks she takes. Kari is such a courageous woman, I found myself rooting for her as she hunted the bad guy while still trying to deal with a determined FBI age
Where can I find this book? 2 11 Sep 30, 2011 09:15AM
  • Her Billionaire Alpha (Moon Pack Rules #2)
  • Coercion: Part 3
  • Resisting The Alpha (The Crane Curse, #2)
  • Seducing the Dragon: Part 4 (Stonefire Dragons, #2 part 4 of 4)
  • Blood of the Wolf (Wolves of Black River, #2)
  • Shadow Kissed: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #3.1)
  • Alpha's Child (Blind Wolf #4)
  • The Ornament: Adrian and Sheri (Ornament, #3)
  • Honey, I Shrunk the Werewolf
  • All I Want For Christmas is a Werewolf (Changeling Encounters, #3)
  • Her Wolf, Her Protector (Claimed and Bred by the Wolf, #1)
  • The New Alpha
  • Just a Dream (Carolina Pack, #1)
  • Baby's Got Bite (Take It Like a Vamp, #2)
  • Temptation (Journal of the Wolves of Spruce Hollow, #1)
New York Times Bestselling Author