Start by marking “Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey Treats for Kids” as Want to Read:
Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey Treats for Kids

Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey Treats for Kids

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Teeny tummies love yummy treats. Sticky Chewy Messy Gooey Treats for Kids is bursting with 30 tasty but simple recipes for sticky sweets and gooey breakfasts. Such delights as Pinkalicious Princess Cupcakes, Wicked GoodChocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cups, Banana Split Pancakes, and Hunka Chunka Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are the kinds of treats kids will love. With a la ...more
Published October 7th 2009 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey Treats for Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey Treats for Kids

Rebecca McNutt
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks, how-to
Not a bad bunch of recipes, but I hated the author's goofy, preachy commentary throughout the book. It was incredibly annoying, like listening to a rambling Tupperware saleswoman or something.
May 03, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013, cooking, young-adult
I looked through this and didn't see anything that I wanted to cook with my kid. So.
Maggi Andersen
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
While I was impressed with some of the recipes, the formatting of this book really left much to be desired. Very few of the pictures match up with the recipes. There are no captions either. Some of the pictures are of foods not even included in the book!! There were even some blurbs that didn't match up (a diatribe on using egg whites, where no recipes calling for egg whites appear within 20 pages??). It made this promising book appear very disjointed, and difficult to read. What a shame.
Cheryl Malandrinos
May 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
In this spiral bound book, sweet lovers will find three sections of sticky, chewy, messy and gooey treats to make with their kids. I’m wondering if O’Connor and I were separated at birth because her Introduction to this book says, “I have a secret. Baking with children isn’t always easy…My older daughter, Olivia, in all her teenage wisdom, likes to call me, ‘mean chef’.” And here I thought my kids were the only ones that called their mommy “big, fat meanie”.

Also in her Introduction is her objec
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: inv, culinary
Don't be fooled by the title . . . this cookbook is definitely not just for kids. I've had this book for over a year now, but I wanted to wait until I tired several of the recipes before I reviewed it. Every recipe I've tried has been fantastic--from the sparkling lemonade to the coffee cake--and the birthday cake recipe is my new go-to chocolate cake recipe. The recipes are easy to follow (though, some do require ingredients you probably wouldn't otherwise buy--like cake flour and baker's sugar ...more
Claire
Apr 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: families
Recommended to Claire by: Ann
There are some great recipes in this book. I had the pleasure of tasting a number of them when Jill did a demonstration of her recipes. The peanut butter balls are scrumptious. The cooking tips sprinkled through the books are great for any cook.
TammyJo Eckhart
May 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
Read a full review here: http://thechocolatecult.blogspot.com/...
Stacey
Sep 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I want to own this! It has such yummy treats that I want to eat everything in the book.
Mmd007
Dec 04, 2013
Gina
May 25, 2010
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deliciousness leaps from the page

My daughter won't be much for the fruity desserts, but the chocolates ones look amazing, directions uncomplicated, and results mouthwatering!
☆~Stephanie ~☆