Start by marking “Ghosts Caught on Film 2: Photographs of the Unexplained” as Want to Read:
Ghosts Caught on Film 2: Photographs of the Unexplained

Ghosts Caught on Film 2: Photographs of the Unexplained (Caught on Film)

From shadowy figures, strange mists and apparitions to angels and demons, Ghost Photos is a compendium of extraordinary phenomena caught on film. The author has spent over 10 years studying thousands of photographs and here he presents a collection of the most intriguing in seven enigmatic chapters. This book includes a gallery of explainable photographic effects that are ...more
Published August 7th 2009 by David & Charles

To ask other readers questions about Ghosts Caught on Film 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosts Caught on Film 2

Siobhan
Sep 01, 2015 Siobhan rated it liked it
If the truth is to be told, this book doesn’t fall into my usual reads.

The book was handed to me by a relative as a general interest kind of read, as something she thought I might enjoy. It was interesting, I will say that, but I cannot see myself going out of my way to read it again and again or to read that many more books like it.

It was simply something different to pick up and read.
Feb 08, 2011 Laura rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfic
I read this one and The Paranormal Caught On Film during my lunch break at work and have quickly forgotten which books had what in it, so I'm putting the same review for both. They are by the same company, in the same format, same layout, etc. While both books are a spooky fun time, so many of the photos were obvious manipulations or double exposures or someone painting on the negative etc. It got frustrating to see some good ones mixed in with the dross. At least one of the photos is a pretty f ...more
Sarah Crawford
Jan 19, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
Another book about ghosts caught on photos. This one is divided into the following sections: Ghostly Figures, Ethereal Presences, Heavenly Visions, Into the Physical Realm, Ghosts in the House and Trick of Light. There is also a section on how to spot a fake.

As with the other books in the Ghost Caught on Film 1, 2 and 3, most of the material is taken from the larger book Ghost Photos.

From the last section it's obvious that the author is quite willing to point out that some of the photos take ar
David Edmonds
Oct 08, 2010 David Edmonds rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2010
Ghosts Caught on Film 2 is a collection of photographs and webcam grabs of ghosts and other apparitions that are not easily explained, along with explanations of where the photo came from and some history on who took the photo. Some of the photos in the book I've seen before, some are new to me. While this book probably is not for everyone, as I'm sure not everyone believes in the possibility of the supernatural, these types of books are a true guilty pleasure for me and I really enjoyed this on ...more
Anastasia
May 25, 2010 Anastasia rated it it was ok
This is a collection of the most realistic ghostly photographs. I had issue believing most of them because the author himself showed skepticism and admitted that most were found on the Internet. Some seemed outrightly manipulated to seem ghostly.

Nevertheless, I had a hard time keeping my overactive imagination at bay when I flipped through the photographs alone in the dark.

It is separated into seven chapters:
1. Ghostly Figures
2. Ethereal Presences
3. Heavenly visions
4. Into the Physical Realm
Aug 07, 2015 Sarah rated it liked it
There were a few genuinely intriguing and disturbing pictures in this, though others were more easy to dismiss. The chapter on religious images/icons was ridiculous. I mean, a cloud that vaguely looks like a cross? A stain on a wall that if you look at it the right way it looks a little like Jesus? they were stupid. It's hard to imagine people getting worked up over such things, and I don't know why those pics were even in a book that was supposed to be "GHOST" photos. That knocked a whole star ...more
Kirsten
Oct 30, 2009 Kirsten rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Wow... Either the CGI with faking photos has really improved or... Well, there isn't an or. Great book, good for Halloween and full of fascinating pictures as well as great stories go to along with them. I really enjoy how the author/editor added bits about his/her skepticism regarding the validity of the photographs. Makes me want to go through my box o' photos at home just to check...
Beth Wemple
Aug 04, 2015 Beth Wemple rated it it was amazing
This is the first "ghosts on film" book I read and i loved it! It is a great coffee table book, and there isn't just ghosts featured, but all sorts of paranormal phenomena. And while, yes, some may be available on the internet, not all are readily accessible and it is a great easy read. Probably my favorite one of the series.
Storm Arashi
Feb 06, 2015 Storm Arashi rated it it was amazing
While this isn't a "novel" it is a fantastic collection of photographs and information to accompany them. Be it about the photographer and what prompted it or information about the legends. Some of these photo's are probably fake but many of them... Well I've taken photo's similar and they're not fake.

All in all it's nice for a quick read... And if you wanna be a little spooked.
Laura Ketterman

Shelves: ghosts, paranormal
An interesting read
Andrea
Jul 08, 2009 Andrea rated it liked it
Interesting to see all the pictures of "spirits" that have been taken over the years. Some are obviously faked but there are some that kind of spooky.
Gina
Gina rated it it was ok
Jul 07, 2012
Katherine Bell
Katherine Bell rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2012
Annette
Annette rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2012
Jacqueline Sauer
Jacqueline Sauer rated it it was ok
Jun 30, 2012
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2012
Marisa
Marisa rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2012
Raeanne
Raeanne rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2015
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2011
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2011
Lorean
Lorean rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2012
Nicole Lamberson
Nicole Lamberson rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2014
Heidi Vargas
Heidi Vargas rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2010
99bordeaux
99bordeaux rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2012
Demon Watson
Demon Watson rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Kate Oman
Kate Oman rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Amanda Jackson
Amanda Jackson rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2015
Jorge Aguilar
Jorge Aguilar rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »

Caught on Film (7 books)
  • Ghosts Caught On Film: Photographs of the Paranormal
  • The Paranormal Caught on Film: Amazing Photographs of Ghosts, Poltergeists and Other Strange Phenomena
  • Monsters Caught on Film: Amazing Evidence of Lake Monsters, Bigfoot and Other Strange Beasts
  • Ghosts Caught on Film 3: Photographs of the Supernatural
  • UFOs Caught on Film: Amazing Evidence of Alien Visitors to Earth
  • The Best of Ghosts Caught on Film: The Paranormal and Supernatural Caught on Camera