Jump to ratings and reviews

Good Night Our World

Good Night San Francisco

Easy-to-read text introduces the sights of San Francisco, through a full day of sightseeing.

22 pages, Board Book

First published January 1, 2006

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Adam Gamble

353 books20 followers
Adam Gamble, is a writer, a photographer, and a publisher. He is the author of many books in the Good Night Books series, In the Footsteps of Thoreau, and A Public Betrayed. He lives in Sandwich, MA.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
4 (5%)
1 star
2 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 13 of 13 reviews
Profile Image for Lisa Vegan.
2,734 reviews1,200 followers
July 1, 2009
I really enjoyed this book. Goodnight Moon has never been a favorite of mine; I liked this book better. I live in San Francisco and have spent the majority of my life here. It’s not a scintillating story but the book managed to hit on many of the landmarks in San Francisco that I love and, given that I’m very fond of the city, now that I know this book exists, I’ll probably make it one of the books I give as new baby gifts to babies born in San Francisco. I am also interested in some of the other books in this Our World series; a portion of the profits go to help babies in need which makes this book/series even more appealing.
Profile Image for Ivy Deliz.
153 reviews15 followers
January 30, 2013
It mentions Golden Gate Park right at the fist page but no mention of the bridge. Every San Franciscan knows they are pretty far away. Plus you leave the best for last. Great complicated words for a baby though. I'm sure the baby will say "wtf is exploratorium?!l" but it's all good :)
9 reviews
September 6, 2018
The book I’m reviewing is a children's book, Goodnight San Francisco, by Adam Gamble. This book goes around San Francisco and says goodnight to all the monuments of the great city. The books starts off down by the bay at fisherman’s wharf, then heads to legendary, twisty Lombard street. After that, it says hello to the cliff then stops at the Exploratorium. After that, the day is done and brings the kids to bed. Something I would critique about this book is how they don’t give details about the places they mention, they simply name them. Another thing I would critique is how the book is in verse and can add some more little detail while still rhyming. “Good morning San Francisco Bay. good morning sea lions, are you ready to start a great day. “ This supports the fact that the earth spins and isn’t flat because the sun is rising the back of the picture, and near the end of the book it ends of setting on the other end of San Francisco, which proves that the earth is constantly spinning.
Profile Image for Bree.
725 reviews26 followers
May 20, 2016
I spent all my summers growing up in beautiful San Francisco, so as I read this book to the new little one in the family it brings back so many memories of all the places, and things I've done in this truly wonderful city. I love that these books open kids up to new places:)
8 reviews2 followers
January 27, 2009
Such a great version of a classic children's bedtime story. I love San Francisco and love the use of it's landmarks in this story. Great illustrations.
255 reviews1 follower
April 3, 2011
A hand-me-down from Annie (not sure how she kept it in such good repair through two kids).
232 reviews
April 3, 2011
4/2/11 Part of afternoon reading time on the sofa with Dad.
Profile Image for Sharon.
3,664 reviews
July 13, 2012
22 reviews
July 19, 2021
I wanted to love it, but it's so touristy. The art is cute but a little too slapdash for me.
Displaying 1 - 13 of 13 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.