Start by marking “Love Takes Wing (Love Comes Softly, #7)” as Want to Read:
Love Takes Wing (Love Comes Softly, #7)

Love Takes Wing

(Love Comes Softly #7)

Book 7 of the bestselling Love Comes Softly series. Belinda Davis had trained as a nurse to assist her older brother, Doctor Luke. But as time goes by and she sees those she's grown up with getting married and settling into their own lives, Belinda becomes restless. What had seemed exciting and fresh becomes dull and routine. When she meets an elderly woman who needs nursi ...more
Paperback, Revised Edition, 240 pages
Published February 1st 2004 by Bethany House Publishers (first published January 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Love Takes Wing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Takes Wing

Start your review of Love Takes Wing (Love Comes Softly, #7)
Jerry
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This series continues to deliver; I'm curious as to how it will end in the next volume.
Nadine Keels
Oct 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoughts on the entire series.

Yes, I’ve switched to put the editions from the 80s on my Read shelf, since those are the ones I read and own, and I’m partial to the stories in all of their old-fashionedness, before the updated covers and later book edits that have gone into newer editions. (I didn’t read all of these in large print, but the cover art is the same.)

The first book, Love Comes Softly, was the first I ever read by Oke, my introduction into her sweet, warm, and simplistic style of stor
Allison Stults
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Books 3,4,&5 were my favorite! I love the message from book 7, but I missed the family and having a beautiful love story! ...more
Shirlene
Melissa, Missie's daughter, was arriving by train to stay with Marty and Clark Davis for 2 weeks. Belinda, their youngest daughter was working with Luke as a nurse. Belinda arrived at the train station anxiously awaiting for Melissa to arrive. Luke had given Belinda a week off to visit with Melissa and Amy Jo, Clare & Kate's daughter. Amy Jo was restless and always happy. She grew sadder as the day approached for Melissa to leave for home. Clare & Kate talked it over with Clark & Marty and decid ...more
Christina
Jun 30, 2011 rated it liked it
This isn't as much of a stand-alone novel as the ones before it. This one and #8 (Love Finds a Home) go together.

I enjoyed this book because it takes us to Boston - a totally new experience for the Davis family.
Jenn
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A great finale overall to a great series. I will admit, Belinda's story was NOT Marty's, but still overall one of my favorite series.
Erin Martin
Apr 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Maybe my least favorite of the series, but still adorable.
Jack Vasen
This is the seventh in the series. While reading all the books in order would add a deeper sense of the ongoing story, it is not absolutely necessary to enjoy this book. Likewise, this book tells a complete story even though there is still one book left in the saga.

This is a Christian book. Faith, dependence on God and prayer are important in the lives of these people and this book points that out in a slightly different way.

In some ways, this book is two different stories, although Belinda is m
Katie Foth
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read and enjoyed several novels in this series in the early 1980s, and this novel was like visiting old friends and catching up with family news. Love Takes Wing was a quick, easy read. I liked the open ending (not a marriage), but I guess I will have to read the next book in the series to see what ultimate decision Belinda makes now that she re-establishes her relationship with God (does she leave her wealthy employer and return home to her family and one of her former beaus? Both the builder ...more
Rachel
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although it was a good book, Love Takes Wing just didn’t draw me in like the others. This one focused more on Belinda being a nurse. Especially towards the end. There were moments with the rest of the family. A couple more marriages and what not. But other then that this was definitely a Belinda focused book. I’m disappointed that after the ending of the last book there was no mention of Drew in this one. I don’t really have a lot to say on this one other then it was ok.

Do I still recommend this
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Abby
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nostalgia Read- This is the seventh book in a Christian Lit series. I have enjoyed getting to know the youngest Davis daughter, Belinda. I felt that in this book she had lost her way a little. The things that she found fulfilling the past were no longer giving her joy. Right at the end of the book, she finds a way to add God back into her life and I think that she will find her purpose in the last book of the series.
Kourtney
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-wrap-up
This wasn't my favorite in the series although I do enjoy reading about Belinda more then Missie or Marty. The only reason why I ducked a star was because at the end things happened that I thought Belinda was to smart of a woman to over look. Otherwise it was a good, clean read and I look forward to reading the next/last book of the series. Four stars
Angie
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous series, Love Comes Softly. This book challenged me in that I was frustrated with Belinda and some of her choices but in no way will that keep me from reading the entire series. Janette Oke is a gifted writer and I appreciate her style of Christian fiction. I will read on with confidence that it will be time well spent.
Deevena Jemima
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We had this book at home when we were kids, though I have no idea where we got it from. I think this was the only book we had in the entire series, we used to call it the 'Belinda book', I always wanted to know what happened before and after this book. Now that I have the entire series, I am glad that a childhood dream is fulfilled. I love this book.
Bobbie Sue Davis
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I didn't like this book at all at first. Too many characters and plots going on at once. And Belinda is so naive it was like nails on a chalkboard. It wasn't until Mrs Stafford-Smythe came into the picture and Belinda goes to Boston with her did the story become interesting and it's not until the near end of the book.
Lori
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
the book was great but I am only giving a three and a half stars because it differs so much from the movie.if you watch the movies and then read the books,you will see these differences.the books and movies are really good,don't get me wrong but I just didn't like the differences
Ritajane
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, Belinda has had an awesome adventure.

Now, with one more book to finish the series’s. How will it conclude, what adventures will there be, hummmmm, guess like me, you you’ll have to read the book.....
Susan Blackmon
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the Love Comes Softly books by Janette Oke. Such wonderful storylines and characters with great lessons in the love and faithfulness of God. I hate that I'm about to start the last of this series. :(
Toni J.
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book really tackles how so much can happen in your life. Yet your journey is still far from over. I couldn't put this book down once I started it.
Jessica Lindenberg
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Little bit anticlimactic. Not much happens in this book, and is somewhat an bore. But have loved all the other books in this series!!!
Wendy
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Number 7 of 8 in this series and I am enjoying each book so much!
Stefanie Norris
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just as expected

Janette Oake’s writing provides a simple read with seeds of truth sprinkled throughout. I love getting to know the family in this series.
Janet Hood
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable, as are all of Janette Oke’s books. My least favorite, as it dismissed most of the family and centered on Belinda.
Samantha Boothroyd
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was honestly a little on the slower side, but it was still good.
Kathy
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Comes Softly #7
Lots of changes abound for Belinda… Enjoy!

Read:
February 19, 2020 – Kindle Edition
Heather Honey
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-shelf
Another good story as it nears the end of the series. It's nice Belinda became a travelling partner for Mrs. Stafford Smythe. Enjoyable. I have just one more to go now.
Brandi
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book. It was well-written, every bit of it.
I really enjoyed all of this novel, but I must admit that I didn't care for this one as much as I did the others. I missed home. I missed the quiet togetherness, the bubbling family, the heart-to-heart chats. Yes, they had some of those in there, but once Belinda moved to Boston with Mrs. Stafford-Smyth (don't worry, it's not spoiling much), and maybe even before that, the book just began to decline. Janette Oke did a good job at portraying Belind
Rosa Cline
4 star

This is book 7 of the Love Comes Softly series. It's a part of Marty and Clark; but it very rarely mentions them. It's more of their youngest child, Belinda's story. Of her nursing career and her looking at childhood male friends as 'friends' and nothing more but they have other things in mind. Will she stay in her hometown and become a housewife, or will she take up the offer an elderly lady has given her and she travel and move with her to be her travel companion and personal nurse. Beli
Shaina
Dec 04, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Girls
Recommended to Shaina by: I guess the movies :)
Shelves: to-read-again
Up to this point I have absolutely loved the Love Comes Softly Series but this one was just ok. I was quite disappointed that the young lady, Belinda, did not stand up for herself and her beliefs. There's a part about an elderly woman giving Belinda a low cut dress but even though Belinda was extremely uncomfortable she wore it anyway and never told the woman she felt it was inappropriate. I know at times it's alright to go along with something (like eating something that you don't really like b ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Reckoning (The Heritage of Lancaster County, #3)
  • Bamboo & Lace
  • The Shunning (The Heritage of Lancaster County, #1)
  • Wings of the Morning (Kensington Chronicles, #2)
  • A Song for Silas (A Place Called Home, #2)
  • The Proposal (The English Garden, #1)
  • Who Brings Forth the Wind (Kensington Chronicles, #3)
  • Every Storm
  • A Place Called Home (A Place Called Home, #1)
  • The Princess
  • The Knight and the Dove (Kensington Chronicles, #4)
  • The Damascus Way (Acts of Faith, #3)
  • The Long Road Home (A Place Called Home, #3)
  • The Confession (The Heritage of Lancaster County, #2)
  • The Parting (The Courtship of Nellie Fisher, #1)
  • As Time Goes By (The Californians, #2)
  • A Most Peculiar Circumstance (Ladies of Distinction, #2)
  • A Gathering of Memories (A Place Called Home, #4)
Janette Oke writes with a profound simplicity of what she knows best—real life, honest love, and lasting values. With over 23 million in sales, her historical novels portray the lives of early North American settlers from many walks of life and geographical settings. She also writes engaging children's stories and inspiring gift books that warm the heart.

Janette was born during the depression year

Love Comes Softly (8 books)
  • Love Comes Softly (Love Comes Softly, #1)
  • Love's Enduring Promise (Love Comes Softly, #2)
  • Love's Long Journey (Love Comes Softly, #3)
  • Love's Abiding Joy (Love Comes Softly, #4)
  • Love's Unending Legacy (Love Comes Softly, #5)
  • Love's Unfolding Dream (Love Comes Softly, #6)
  • Love Finds a Home (Love Comes Softly, #8)