Start by marking “The Mighty Avengers, Vol. 4: Secret Invasion Book 2” as Want to Read:
The Mighty Avengers, Vol. 4: Secret Invasion Book 2

The Mighty Avengers, Vol. 4: Secret Invasion Book 2 (The Mighty Avengers, Volume I #4)

3.38  ·  Rating details ·  454 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
'Elektra is a Skrull!' Words that have echoed through Marvel Comics for the last two years. But how did this happen and for how long has this been true? Plus, the return of MAR-VELL has brought with it more questions than answers, but now all those questions will finally be answered.
Published April 29th 2009 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about The Mighty Avengers, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mighty Avengers, Vol. 4

Ronald
Sep 22, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics
This collection seems to be nothing but a number of unrelated stories without context or consideration of the timeline. Disapointed.
Matt
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Collects Mighty Avengers issues #16-20

Even though (in publishing chronology) most of the issues in this collection came out simultaneously as the "Secret Invasion" event issue, I would recommend reading this collection after reading the event collection. The issues in this collection are a mixture of flashbacks (explaining the origins and strategies of the Secret Invasion) and present-day, mini tie-in stories.

This collection has a lot of Nick Fury stories that include a set up for a different se
Sr. Lado Brillante
Este volumen se alza sobre los demás por una simple cosa: Secret Warriors.
Aqui vemos el nacimiento del equipo y el entrenamiento al que Nick Fury los expone y marca la pauta para la serie que comenzaría con Hickman cuando Secret Invasion acabo.
Este es el tipo de comic que Bendis siempre debería estar escribiendo.
Mela
If you've picked up these volumes (Mighty Avengers 3 & 4) because you want to read about the Mighty Avengers, then you have made a great mistake (or, perhaps the mistake was made by the person who decided to publish these stories under the title). These stories hardly feature the cast from volumes 1 & 2, and do not alone create a coherent story.

However, if you're an avid reader of comics, and you want more insight into how we got from Civil War to Secret Invasion, then you should most de
Brad
Oct 17, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, marvel
This set of Secret Invasion side-stories gives single issues to Elektra, Nick Fury and his Secret Warriors (they pick up this name later), and Marvel Boy, and two separate issues to Hank Pym. For those keeping track, only one of these characters (Pym) is a member of the Mighty Avengers team. Whatever. This jumble of characters and stories adds some interesting bits to the overall story, though only the Nick Fury story helps explain the main story.
Bendis has a really good handle on the tragedy o
Adam
Jan 22, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
The main Secret Invasion series was bombastic, fight-heavy, and read like Cliff's Notes, so I enjoyed what this series did with the event. Instead of mirroring and expanding the main events, like The New Avengers did, this book told backstories in each issue. The stories that focused on Elektra and Captain Marvel were uninteresting, the stories that focused on Nick Fury were decent, and the stories that focused on Hank Pym were really good. Pym's was potentially the most interesting story in Sec ...more
Ryan
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
This made absolutely no sense. It's a bunch of short stories that are completely disconnected from each other, each of which are (I'm assuming) depending on other stories not in this book to have any tension or emotional connection. At the very least they shouldn't be in a collection together - I haven't read the rest of Secret Invasion so I can't comment on how comprehensible the storyline on the whole was.
Mouse
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Waaaay too much going on here and none of it really makes sense! This is a collection of various short stories! Skrulls everywhere? Electra is dead? But then she's back? Dum Dum Dugan a Skrull? The Wasp is dead? Captain Marvel is back? There was a Hank Pym Skrull? Where is everybody that Skrulls took over? The Green Goblin in Avengers tower? Dark Avengers? What happened to Electro? So confused and this book clears up nothing!
Angela
This comprises of different stories, mostly of events that happened before the Secret Invasion. Though there is one that shows Pymm's reaction to coming back to Earth and finding out what happened. I think this is good if you have read a lot about the Secret Invasion, it is definitely not a stand alone piece. A good read.
Mark
Apr 14, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, avengers
Follows Electra, Nick Fury's new group and Hank Pym's (Yellowjacket) role in Secret Invasion.

Not a great deal of story here but does contain some important elements.

Notes
Secret invasion is great story line but some may find it hard to follow.

Learning Curve
Moderate: New readers might be confused.

Holden Attradies
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Again, I think I liked this so much because I liked Secret Invasion so much. More side stories and questions answered.

I enjoyed having Pym center stage again, and really liked that him being such a flawed hero bled over into the skrulls that took over his life. My only qualm was that I had gotten the impression from the main story that Pym had been switched out a long long time ago.
Dominica
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Ditto what I said for The Mighty Avengers Secret Invasion book 1. As a standalone book, this is confusing, but if you've read the other Secret Invasion books, this fills in more of the story.
Sam
Dec 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Not great as a stand-alone read. Seems like I've got a lot of Marvel's Civil War and Secret Invasion books to read.
Thomas
Too many side stories that I didn't care about
Kirsty
May 19, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Well that reminds me why I don't usually bother reading these things!
Sonic
Dec 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many of theses Secret Invasion books feel like they are the story behind the story, but they are still enjoyable nonetheless.
Sharon
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Mckinlay
It took a couple years worth of comics but I finally feel bad for Tony.
Shannon Appelcline
Interesting insights into the Secret Invasion, but very scattered.
Angela
Jan 31, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots more character stuff in this volume. Worth reading.
Sonja
Jun 21, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Note to self: read again after reading the previous ones...
W.T.
Jun 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
It's the AVENGERS! I love the Avengers!! RIP Jan...
Michael
Apr 03, 2013
Pål
Mar 01, 2017
Geoff Derks
Basically footnotes. I would rate it higher if I liked Secret Invasion more.
Bryan
Sep 26, 2013
Scott
Jun 14, 2014
Chris Katrev Katrev
rated it did not like it
Sep 27, 2011
  • The Incredible Hercules: Secret Invasion
  • Secret Invasion: X-Men
  • Essential Classic X-Men, Vol. 2
  • Dark Reign: Hawkeye

More about Brian Michael Bendis...

The Mighty Avengers, Volume I (7 books)
  • The Mighty Avengers, Volume 1: The Ultron Initiative