Start by marking “Flesh Circus (Jill Kismet, #4)” as Want to Read:
Flesh Circus (Jill Kismet, #4)

Flesh Circus (Jill Kismet #4)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  2,490 Ratings  ·  94 Reviews
The Cirque de Charnu has come.

They will clean out the demons and the suicides, and move on. As long as they stay within the rules, Jill Kismet can't deny them entry. But she can watch--and if they step out of line, she'll send them packing.

When Cirque performers start dying grotesquely, Kismet has to find out why, or the fragile truce won't hold and her entire city will
Published December 1st 2009 by Orbit (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Flesh Circus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flesh Circus

Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*

“But when a girl's motivated, miracles are possible.”

Even if I don't love these books, for some reason they're pretty much impossible for me to put down. This one involves a demonic circus that has come to town to drain the suicidal and the hopeless. It must be allowed and is a rule of coordination between hunters, the lead hellbreed of the city, and the cirque. Strange - but interesting - stuff.

Saul is back this time, but there is trouble in the air with their relationship. That's kept up for t
Natasha
Sep 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Let me start off by saying I LOVE Lilith Saintcrow. I've read her Dante Valentine series and now her Jill Kismet series and I'm a huge fan of each. Her writing is wonderful and face paced. I'm always stoked when a new book is released because I know it's going to be good. Saintcrow really knows how to grab my attention in a book!

Flesh Circus continues the urban fantasy saga of Jill Kismet(#4) hunter of Santa Luz. Like past books Jill is a kick-ass heroine who protects her city from the evil s
Jess
Nov 14, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, 2010
Another debacle for Kiss.. she always manages to land herself in the worst trouble she can. And she's not at all graceful about it. I feel like half the time she fumbles around, and manages to misconstrue every situation to her least advantage. Frankly, although I enjoy the books and the stories that Saintcrow creates, I've suddenly realized that I absolutely dislike Kiss's character. I mean really. She's completely unlikable, and manages to inadvertently piss off everyone around her while she w ...more
Meigan
Jill Kismet is exasperating. Or perhaps that should be exasperating, with her inability to convey her feelings, her lack of interpersonal skills, and her never-ending need for italics.

In this installment, the circus has come to Santa Luz. Only this circus doesn't involve trapeze artists or even peanuts, for that matter. Run by hellbreed and Traders, the circus comes with one purpose -- to attract the desperate, the dregs and the hopeless as a means to gain even more Traders. Being the Hunter of
Larissa
Nov 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
"I screamed and leapt, the whip coming free and flicking forward, silver flechettes jingling as it wrapped around one of the zombie’s legs and almost tore itself out of my hand."

Ever since the my first encounter with Jill Kismet in her first book, I have felt a huge connection with her. No, I was not abused as a child, I did not turn to prostitution and I am not a hunter of nightmarish monsters. Jill is not ONLY those those things either. Besides all that she has gone through and a lot of times
Darcy
Feb 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, uf, demons
Jill is back and watching over her city, when the circus comes to town and she must make a deal with them not to kill them, but then they also make a deal with her to take only the willing, Jill's not sure what to think. But of course nothing can ever go easy in her world, with a rash of voodoo like possessions and people dying left and right at the Circus Jill is running all over to get the bottom. While investigating Jill has to dig deep into the past and the other hunters records learning a l ...more
Catherine Milos
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the progression of the romantic love relationship between the main characters. It's solidly healthy and beautiful, while being dramatic enough for a fiction read. I love how Lilith Saintcrow integrates different types of occult myth and magic into this series. A great read for paranormal and urban fantasy fans.
Michelle
It occurred to me partway through this book, the 4th in Saintcrow's series about an augmented-human hunter that defends her corner of the world from demonkind and things that go bump in the night, what sets if off from other very similar sounding UF novels.

She remembers to make evil actually be scary.

Oh sure, the spawn of hell are often described as heartbreakingly beautiful, and the bargains they make with human Traders that want a leg up on life are clearly enticing enough to understand why a
Summer
Marianne
Emotionally draining, those two words really sum up this book. No wonder; the demonic cirque is in town, to prey on the willing, the desperate and the suicides. Jill can't deny them entrance as long as they follow the rules. Things go from bad to worse when cirque performers start dying and Perry, with his possibly forked (view spoiler), offers his assistance for a piece of her tempting soul;-)

Yes, Perry and Saul are back, but so are voodoo priestesses and
  • Hell Fire (Corine Solomon, #2)
  • Witch Craft (Nocturne City, #4)
  • Speak of the Devil (Morgan Kingsley, #4)
  • Wild Hunt (Evie Scelan, #2)
  • Blood from Stone (Retrievers, #6)
  • Darkness Calls (Hunter Kiss, #2)
  • Cheat the Grave (Signs of the Zodiac, #5)
  • Magic at the Gate (Allie Beckstrom, #5)
  • Dawnbreaker (Dark Days, #3)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4)
  • Kitty's Big Trouble (Kitty Norville, #9)
  • Secrets of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #3)
Lilith Saintcrow was born in New Mexico, bounced around the world as an Air Force brat, and fell in love with writing when she was ten years old. She lives in Vancouver, Washington, in a house full of stray cats and children.
More about Lilith Saintcrow...

Jill Kismet (6 books)
  • Night Shift (Jill Kismet, #1)
  • Hunter's Prayer (Jill Kismet, #2)
  • Redemption Alley (Jill Kismet, #3)
  • Heaven's Spite (Jill Kismet, #5)
  • Angel Town (Jill Kismet, #6)
“But when a girl's motivated, miracles are possible.” 1 likes
“Avery: "Humility is a virtue, Kismet."
Jill: "So's discretion. I suck at both. Didn't you notice?”
1 likes