Start by marking “Blood Ties (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #12; Blood #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood Ties (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #12; Blood #3)

Blood Ties

(Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #12)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  8,992 Ratings  ·  267 Reviews
A series of grisly murders has left a trail of blood across three states, bringing the Special Crimes Unit to a small Tennessee town. There, two more brutal killings lure Noah Bishop and the SCU into what may be the ultimate trap, and lead Special Agent Hollis Templeton into a dangerous attraction—and a serial murder investigation that turns very, very personal. In her tim ...more
Published January 13th 2010 by Bantam

Chloe
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the conclusion of the Blood series trilogy and I enjoyed this book more than the others in this series.

It is set in a small town Serenade , Tennessee where bodies are piling up and SCU team is led by Miranda Bishop . But the team might be hunting more than one killer as there is a sniper targeting the team too .Will the SCU team be able to catch up with the killers before they take out one of them ?

I would suggest reading the books in order in this series as there a lot of characters int
Julija
Oh my, what a conclusion!

The Blood trilogy has been somewhat unique from the start, focusing on an unusual amount of SCU agents in one book and having a plot that ties all three books really closely together. Which, in my opinion, is the absolute best. And Blood Ties takes that to the next level. Rather than bringing in new characters that would end up being unnecessary (see: Blood Sins), it takes on old ones and lays the perfect trap for them. It was kinda like watching an episode of Criminal M
Jenn
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the whole paranormal section of the FBI figuring out the murders and some of the suspense. The middle of the book was just way too much of talking on the same thing and not moving forward. The end was quite interesting and it led to the idea of another book coming.
Jess the Romanceaholic
I snagged this one from the library right before I left for vacation, and while I realized it was part of a series, what I didn't realize was that it was book 12.. Unfortunately this meant that it was a little hard to keep up despite the author's best efforts, and it left me floundering at times trying to keep the vast number of characters and their powers and their relationships straight while still trying to keep up with the main storyline.

That said, the mystery and suspense was beautifully pa
wally
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hooper
seven forty pee em the 9th of february 2018, friday...finished. good read, three stars, i liked it, kindle, library loaner. truth be told, i almost put it down...was a bit hard to get into...didn't really look at any syllabus, description before taking it on loan at the digital library, liked the cover, it was available, none of that "hold" stuff this time...and

...the cast of characters is like a dream team of...i guess...no, not f.b.i. they're s.c.u. most if not all of them have some sort of ot
Eve
Dec 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
Sorry but Blood Ties sounded too monotone and rambling. I felt like there were too many characters and no main characters to focus on. I've read some of previous books from this series but I still felt very confused by the storyline and all those characters. Every capable author of continuing series should be able to write books that a new reader can pick up even in the middle of the series, and enjoy. Perhaps enjoy so much that she/he wants to go back and read the series right from the beginnin ...more
Dana Burgess
May 04, 2011 rated it liked it
To those of you that really, really don't like change, I apologise. (something expert bloggers say I should never do - but it feels right) For this month only, as we focus on 'chick lit', the reviews will follow the 'chick lit check list'.

1. fiction that, often humourously, explores issues of modern womanhood There is some, rather dark, humour from time to time in the novel. It is a tricky thing to insert humour into a story about a serial killer torturing and ... well ... killing people to tau
Ptreick
Oct 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
I picked this up randomly at the library for my commute, popped in a CD, and ... just couldn't do it.

I'm generally pretty good at getting used to the narrator's voices, for one thing, but this was just not good. The women (from the FBI's Special Crimes Unit) all spoke like they were ten-year-old girls with these breathy, high-pitched voices that instantly grated on my nerves.

In the opening scene, a grotesquely mistreated corpse is discovered, and then, a few pages later, another grotesquely mist
Ana T.
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another Kay Hooper book, another installment in the Bishop series. I think her latest books have all been connected to one another and I wouldn't suggest reading this one without reading the others. Although the back blurb only mentions Holly I felt Diana was as much a main character here. And since they are both recurring characters I really enjoyed seeing them find center stage in this story.

Hooper does manage to keep the suspense going on two fronts. Who has been trying to harm Bishop and his
C.G.
Jan 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Kay Hooper has been one of my favourite authors from her first category romance - and I still have all her books and still re-read them (especially the Hagen series). I have just re-read the whole Bishop/Special Crimes Unit series up to "Blood Sins" so I could remember all the characters before I read the last two books of the series - currently.

Kay Hooper just gets better and better. "Blood Sins" and "Blood Ties" are probably the best of the series, although they are all good reads if you like
Suspense Magazine
Feb 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
In her twelfth edition to the Bishop/Special Crimes Unit series, Kay Hooper continues to mesmerize readers with explosive conflicts and gripping characters. Bishop’s well-trained unit of misfits work frantically to stop the escalating body count in “Blood Ties”, as an unknown assailant targets the SCU and ultimately takes a small town hostage through fear.

Fans will be captivated—at every turn—as much loved players from previous volumes arrive on scene to pitch in using their unique and extraord
Lesli
Jul 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: die-hard bishop fans
Shelves: fiction, 2010
3 of 3. Better than Blood Dreams. About the same level as Blood Sins. However, I'm putting paid to this series. The ending puts the whole kibosh on this series. I like to read suspense/thriller fiction; but I'd like a little less reality with it please. I don't want to walk away from a book feeling like I just watched a couple days worth of local and national news -- depressing, violent stories with tragedy and little hope.

So, yeah. Blood Ties was a good story. Just a really sad chapter in the B
Darcy
Nov 11, 2009 rated it it was ok
This was not one of the better books in this series, mostly because it tried to do something I normally love, pulling in previous characters and events, and didn't succeed. I don't consider it a good sign when the author has to put in foot notes relating to the book where the previous action or people first appeared, I did like the appendix in the end where it was more spelled out.

This book was both a filler and one that cleared up a lot of major story lines, but with the large cast of character
Keri
May 14, 2010 rated it liked it
This in the end turned out to be a pretty good book. I felt there was alot of info dump at first. This book was more about the team as a whole. We did get resolution to two couple's relationship which was light, light romance.

This also isn't a book you can pick up and read. On some of these past references even I felt lost and had to struggle to remember these books. There are footnotes of the books these references came from. I has a sad though about one event in the book and wish KH could hav
Sheila
Jan 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Having special abilities isn't always a positive thing.
Robert
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
geat book, didnt know about series...
Anita
Blood Ties concludes the Blood trilogy with Hollis Templeton as our front stage and center main character. Throughout the entire Blood trilogy, I don't deny that I felt Hollis's presence much more so than the other official main characters of both Blood Dreams and Blood Sins--though it's not to say that the previous two books didn't focus properly on the main story, conflict, and characters.

Even though Hollis has kind of "lurked" in the background, I couldn't help but feel like this entire trilo
Anna Mcfadden
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
someone is leaving a bloody trail of grisly murders that had lead the FBI's Special Crimes Unit across 3 states to the the small town of Serenade Tennessee. When 2 part time deputies of the time are killed it lures not only more of the unit but also the head of the unit, Noah Bishop. As he investigates who is trying to restoring not only him but his whole unit they must figure out how to keep everyone safe and alive including Special Agent Hollis Templeton
who seems to be attracted a lot of damag
Micky Cox
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another installment in the Bishop files, this one finds the team still trying to clean up the case from the previous book. Excellent twists to keep the story vibrant and entertaining to keep you interested in the series. As always the author has develops great characters and an intriguing plot to keep you turning pages.
Megan Kelosiwang
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it
As the last book in a trilogy this is my idea of a nightmare but I did enjoy this unusual story premise. I thought I’d read every type of detective story but a team of psychic FBI agents is a first for me. The addition I read had annoying footnote references to previous books that made it feel clumsy but I did get into the convoluted story and was pleasantly surprised at the ending.
Laurie D'ghent
And...I've officially lost interest in this series. Though the torture scene was brief and not overly detailed, it's not for me. The kicker? When you find out the identity of the mystery man, and I have no idea who he is. None. Even after Googling it.
Sandra Lee
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this author! I thought I had read all her books, so was very excited when I saw this one! Had to excuse myself from a family gathering for a couple hours because I couldn't stay up any later the night before to finish it!
Keri
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a phenomenal series! I have enjoyed all of the books that I've read in the series! I love when a book makes me have a reaction out loud or gives me goosebumps. I love the newly added footnotes telling readers in what previous books an event happened.
Carol
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Three stars because it took two hundred pages before this story took off for me and I don't wait that long before giving up, but this was Kay Hooper...Number 12 in the Bishop/SCU/ FBI series. The Unit is tracking a serial killer in the small town called Serenade, Tennessee.
Laurie
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a good read, I enjoyed it.
Jessica
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
a sad ending
Kathy
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I believe this was the best of the trilogy. On to the next one.
Christine Howard
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: moonmaid2017
Third book in the trilogy the SCU with Bishop investigating finds out who has been out to destroy the unit. His efforts bring unexpected consequences.
Lynne Beckham
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pulls together last several books. Loved the way a variety of SCU members were included. Even a few Haven. And the epilogue...oh boy! Can't wait to see what's next!!!
Karley
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
it wasn't bad but it got really long and confusing
  • Blood Game (Eve Duncan, #9)
  • Fired Up (Arcane Society, #7; Dreamlight Trilogy, #1)
  • Whiplash (FBI Thriller, #14)
  • Cold Touch (Extrasensory Agents, #2)
  • Acts of Mercy (Mercy Street #3)
  • The Killing Edge
  • Chosen To Die (To Die, #2)
  • Darker than Midnight (Mordecai Young #3)
  • Breakneck (Kitt Lundgren, #2)
Kay Hooper was born in California, in an air force base hospital since her father was stationed there at the time. The family moved back to North Carolina shortly afterward, so she was raised and went to school there.
The oldest of three children, Kay has a brother two years younger and a sister seven years younger. Her father and brother are builders who own a highly respected construction compan

Bishop/Special Crimes Unit (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Stealing Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #1; Shadows, #1)
  • Hiding in the Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #2; Shadows #2)
  • Out of the Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #3; Shadows #3)
  • Touching Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #4; Evil #1)
  • Whisper of Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #5; Evil #2)
  • Sense of Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #6; Evil #3)
  • Hunting Fear (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #7; Fear #1)
  • Chill of Fear (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #8; Fear #2)
  • Sleeping with Fear (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #9; Fear #3)
  • Blood Dreams (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #10; Blood #1)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Shadow District
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Play Dead (Elise Sandburg Series Book 1)
  • The Weight of Lies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief Taker (The Thief Taker, #1)
  • The Things We Wish Were True
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adversary (A Chris Bruen Novel Book 1)
  • Daisy in Chains
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Jury Master (David Sloane, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Look Behind You (Kendra Michaels, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Last Town (Wayward Pines, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Wayward (Wayward Pines, #2)
  • Pretty Little Things
  • Social Death
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder at the Flamingo (A Van Buren and DeLuca Mystery #1)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Wings Of Fire (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #2)
  • Pretty Dead
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Mother Knows Best (A Margie Peterson Mystery)
  • Damage Control
  • The North Water
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage (Agatha Raisin, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Bone River
    $3.99 $0.99
  • As The Crow Flies (DI Nick Dixon #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Widow File (Dani Britton, #1)
  • Blacklands
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Girl from Krakow
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Dead Water (Shetland Island, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Pines (Wayward Pines, #1)
  • The Newsmakers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Intrusion (A Chris Bruen Novel)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Lowcountry Bonfire (Liz Talbot Mystery #6)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Widow's Watcher
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Livia Lone (Livia Lone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Among the Mad (Maisie Dobbs, #6)
    $9.99 $3.99
  • A Blood Thing
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Baltimore Blues  (Tess Monaghan, #1)
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Girl in the Moss (Angie Pallorino, #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Grace
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Carved in Bone (Body Farm, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Map of Bones (Sigma Force, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only the Innocent (DCI Tom Douglas #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Dead Aim (Eve Duncan, #4.5)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blazing Summer (Darling Investigations, #2)
  • The God's Eye View
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1)
  • Abandon
  • The Things you find in Rockpools
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Everyone Pays
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Ghost at Work (Bailey Ruth, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Through the Fog (Evan, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Body Counter (Detective Jude Fontaine Mysteries, #2)
  • Up Country
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Surrogate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Teacher (DS Imogen Grey, #1)
  • Lies That Bind Us
    $10.49 $1.99
  • The Prettiest One
  • The Book of James
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Pardon (Jack Swyteck, #1)