Start by marking “Adopting Alesia: My Crusade for My Russian Daughter” as Want to Read:
Adopting Alesia: My Crusade for My Russian Daughter

Adopting Alesia: My Crusade for My Russian Daughter

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating details ·  2 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
What do you do when you encounter a spirited little girl in a Russian orphanage and know in your heart that she is yours and you have to adopt her? For single, childless, 40-year-old Dee Thompson, it began with an astonishing dream of a little girl reaching out to her. Meeting the little girl led to an almost two year odyssey that changed Dee forever. Throughout the adopti ...more
Published June 1st 2009 by Scribblerchick Books, a Wyatt-MacKenzie Impri

To ask other readers questions about Adopting Alesia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adopting Alesia

Dee Thompson
I wrote this memoir about my daughter's adoption from Russia. In 2003 I met a little girl when my choir sang in her orphanage. I had never thought about adoption, but I knew she was my daughter. I had seen her in a dream the night before. The 18 month ordeal of her adoption was a wild ride - I got laid off from my job, lost my boyfriend, had an uncaring agency, was called crazy by many of my friends because I was adopting an adolescent. It was quite a journey. My book chronicles that journey.
Teresa
Jul 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book describes the trials and emotions that an adoptive parent goes through. This is the story of how Alesia's mom was able to complete an adoption against huge odds. Her persistence and hard work finally paid off, and Alesia was able to come home with her forever mom. A beautiful adoption story.
Cammy