Start by marking “A Prayer To Our Father” as Want to Read:
A Prayer To Our Father

A Prayer To Our Father

A Prayer to Our Father is the exciting journey of faith of a Jewish Bible scholar and an African American pastor who join forces to uncover the truth about the most beloved prayer in the Christian world. Their gripping adventure begins in the ancient city of Jerusalem and takes them to the very spot in Galilee where Jesus taught the multitudes to pray. Along the way they d ...more
Published June 1st 2009 by Hilkiah Press

To ask other readers questions about A Prayer To Our Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Prayer To Our Father

Start your review of A Prayer To Our Father
Brian Stevenson
Oct 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Ever watch The Discovery Channel? Picture two guys going on multiple journeys to Israel to find the places where Jesus gave his Sermon on the Mount and where Jesus was tested in the desert. Their writing style was colorful and I wished they had filmed their expedition for others to see.

But why did they spend nearly half the book chronicling their expedition? It played an essential inspirational role to discover the meaning behind the words.

What also made this book unique was that they relied hea
Keisha Riley
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Manna from on high!

I have the book 5 stars because it editors me so much. Especially the sections that brought out what The Avinu prayer actually meant. I couldn't put the book down. I had to put it down though to chew and to meditate and digest the depth of understanding that they give in this book. I recommend this book to all Christians and Jews seeking truth.
Charlotte Gunther
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biblical
This was such a pleasure to read. It relates miraculous events that went into the making of the book, and it explicates with sweet encouragement old familiar words that will enrich the way you pray those old familiar words.
Daniel Sias
Finally I Understand

This book was well written out and a lot of work and traveling was put in order to complete this rich source of understanding of the Our Father Prayer so I give it 5 stars.
Jessica
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! Took a couple months break in the middle of it though. Lots to process.
Jim
Oct 19, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
I decided to read this book primarily because I was intrigued by the prospect of the sort of synergy and dialog that might happen when a Jew and a Christian meet together to study scripture. If the book had more deeply explored that synergy and dialog it might have been a more worthy read. Unfortunately it did not.

This is not to say the book is not without its merits. The best part of the book, and what I presume was meant to be its primary focus, is its exploration of the Lord’s Prayer.

Using a
Kenneth LeFebvre
Jun 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
This is really two books in one.

The first half of the book is a fascinating story of collaboration between a Jew and a Christian in the land of Israel, searching for the facts of history and how they enlighten their interpretation of ancient Hebrew manuscripts.

The second half of the book describes the result of this collaborative effort, and offers new insights into the most famous prayer of the Christian Bible, based upon the Jewish context of its author, Jesus.

If you're interested in history,
Pope
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review

Easy and useful read. Recommended for everyone who wants to add a little more understanding in their faith; and particularly Word of God work.
Daniel LeFebvre
Jul 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very good book! I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about "The Lord's Prayer"!
Amy
Sep 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: four-stars
Analytical. Academic Word orgins and word derivatives. I was in a certain mind frame to enjoy this book. Not a story, but I really liked it.
G.Frederick Firkey
ONE GREAT BOOK BY TWO GREAT MEN (AMEN ! )

This is one of the best translations of the
LORD'S PRAYER I HAVE EVER READ ! "AMEN AMEN I SAY UNTO YOU ! "
Hephzibah Hall