Start by marking “Bad, Badder, Baddest” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Bad, Badder, Baddest
Cynthia Voigt

Bad, Badder, Baddest (Bad Girls #2)

3.13  ·  Rating details ·  195 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
In this sequel to "Bad Girls", Cynthia Voigt once again explores the uncharted territory of 5th grade girls who don't want to be good. This time, Mikey and Margalo devise a plan to reconcile Mikey's divorcing parents--until a "really" bad girl, Gianette, gets in the way.
Unknown Binding, 265 pages
Published January 1st 1997 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Bad, Badder, Baddest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad, Badder, Baddest

Cindy Dyson Eitelman
Cynthia Voigt's Bad, Badder, Baddest had cover hype telling the biggest lie I've ever read. (In a cover blurb.) One of the bad girls wasn't bad at all, one suffered from poor impulse control and the normal human desire for excitement, and the third was so tangential to the story she never even got to be a "point of view" character.

So, no--the girls weren't bad. But the book wasn't bad either--IMHO Cynthia Voigt is incapable of writing a bad book.

I'd have enjoyed it more as a teenager.
Jayme Carruthers
Didn't like it. Which is unfortunate. It was definitely written for younger kids, but usually that doesn't bother me.

The entire book is about Mikey and Margalo, who are trying to stop one of their parents from getting divorced. Literally, the whole book. 80% of it is them discussing it, trying to figure out what to do. Then they actually try one thing to make it stop.

There's also a girl who is "badder" than the rest of them, but everything she does sounds made up.

I like Cynthia Voigt as an autho
Nov 16, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-box-2014
I cannot tell if I would have enjoyed this story more had I read it at 10 or 11. I had a hard time distinguishing between Mikey and Margalo for the first several pages, and I think I had the same problem years ago with Bad Girls. The girls are outwardly intent on keeping up their "bad" image and argue and act tough a lot. I found their attitudes and interactions at times forced. Other times, however, they had delightful and surprising exchanges. There's not much of a plot here, but I am determin ...more
Apr 11, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The only reason I picked up this book was because when I was in school the girls in my class were head over heels for this book. We did have a better cover than what is available on the site. I must say though it showed the dynamics between girls dead on. I was into books with more excitement at the time so it didn't really strike a chord in me. Though I did enjoy it when I read it when I compaired it up with books I've read now, I just couldn't give it that many stars.
Donquize Barnes
Feb 12, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I think in the book it has pros n con but at the end of the day it's not catching my eye so far but yet kinda funny because the things they do in the book is just unreal and doesn't make sense to me at all also the book jumps from setting and it's like the same 5 settings and would I recommitted this book to anyone -NO 8ts a waste of your Time
Rated PG-13.

I really don't care for this book. It is not much like Dicey's Song, which I love--or, for that matter, Jackaroo or even Izzy Willy-Nilly. It is just kind of odd--it reminds me of, say, Judy Blume's books or Laurie Halse Andersen's books or something--just not really in a good way.
Susan Phelan
Bored and felt dated (in a bad, badder, baddest way). Did not finish and don't plan to finish.
Nov 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
I generally felt the same about this one as I did the first one.
Jul 16, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Knowing Cynthia Voigt, this is a disappointing book. Nothing that captures the reader and takes you into the book.
May 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story, realistically portrayed and had me laughing. I was definitely reliving my childhood and what it was like to be a girl that age. It was a good read as is the whole series.
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 25232 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: MG - BL: 5.8 - AR Pts: 8.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
It just wasnt my kind of book !
Apr 13, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very good, and it shows what these bad girls feel when an even BADDER girl shows up. An adolescence book. The second book in the "Bad Girls" series.
Mar 31, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sandy by: Francis
Shelves: tween
It's 6th grade now and Mickey and Margalo are back from summer break raring to go. Now, however, there's a new girl in class and there's something about her that Mickey doesn't like....
10-11 Isabella
Sep 10, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought that this book was very silly and unrealistic. Kids would never act that way. It was fake to the binding.
Jul 13, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
This was good. An even badder girl than Mikey and Margalo comes to town. This book is well-handled, but for obvious reasons, after it's over, the girls lose their edge.
Nov 09, 2009
Aug 25, 2009
Jun 13, 2013
Nov 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Blork's Evil Twin (Space Brat, #2)
  • The Boys Start the War, the Girls Get Even
  • Forever Amber Brown
  • Stones in Water (Stones in Water, #1)
  • Help! I'm Trapped in an Alien's Body
  • Fool's Gold, Vol. 1
  • The Mutt in the Iron Muzzle (Adventures of Wishbone, #7)
  • Santa Paws, Our Hero (Santa Paws, #5)
  • Kid Power
  • The Haunted Clubhouse (Wishbone Mysteries, #2)
  • The Treasure of Skeleton Reef (Wishbone Mysteries, #1)
  • Mama Says: A Book Of Love For Mothers And Sons
  • Big Ideas: Explanations, True Stories, Love, Nutrition, Advice, and More
  • Jurassic Park: the Junior Novelization
  • Pennington's Last Term
  • The Miscreant
  • Stirring It Up (Dish, #1)
  • Out of the Storm (GLH #87)
Cynthia Voigt is an American author of books for young adults dealing with various topics such as adventure, mystery, racism and child abuse.

Angus and Sadie: the Sequoyah Book Award (given by readers in Oklahoma), 2008
The Katahdin Award, for lifetime achievement, 2003
The Anne V. Zarrow Award, for lifetime achievement, 2003
The Margaret Edwards Award, for a body of work, 1995
Jackaroo: Ratte
More about Cynthia Voigt...

Bad Girls (6 books)
  • Bad Girls (Bad Girls, #1)
  • It's Not Easy Being Bad (Bad Girls, #3)
  • Bad Girls In Love (Bad Girls, #4)
  • From Bad to Worse (Bad Girls, #5)
  • Bad Girls, Bad Girls, Whatcha Gonna Do? (Bad Girls, #6)