Start by marking “Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future (and a Way to Get There from Here)” as Want to Read:
Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future (and a Way to Get There from Here)

Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future (and a Way to Get There from Here)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  620 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
We’ve all heard stories of people who’ve experienced seemingly miraculous recoveries from illness, but can the same thing happen for our world? According to pioneering biologist Bruce H. Lipton, it’s not only possible, it’s already occurring.

In Spontaneous Evolution, this world-renowned expert in the emerging science of epigenetics reveals how our changing understanding o
Published September 15th 2009 by Hay House (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Spontaneous Evolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spontaneous Evolution

Sabrina Kinckle
Nov 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am still reading this book. So far, I am truly enjoying it. I love the matter-of-fact, humorous writing style mixed with concrete scientific evidence on the connection between beliefs and cell generation. This book, so far, is fascinating. It's definitely a must-read! I received it as a gift 3 days ago and can't put it down.
Iona  Stewart
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't find this the most readable of books initially, as I couldn't tell where it was going. But when I really got into it, I began to appreciate it. The subject-matter of the book affects all our personal lives - the very existence of the planet, and in fact has broad metaphysical ramifications. I haven't previously read any book quite like it.

The authors examine various myths entrenched in the basic beliefs of our civilization and challenge 1) the main tenets of Newtonian philosophy, basica
Jun 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Profound and conscious. Truly a must read for all humans alive today who wish to see a better "now."

This book covers a plethora of coherent ideas leading to a fundemental (and applicable!) method of bringing love into our lives as a tool and spiritual medication.

All my words cannot describe nor communicate the depth and transcendence this book brings. Read it!
Dec 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If books are meant to be a source of reflection for the present learning from the past to move into the future while inspiring new levels of awareness and consciousness then few books will ever accomplish this task as well as Lipton's Spontaneous Evolution. The power of global transformation is at hand and the more people intelligently engaged in the conversation at hand, the better.
Francis Vala
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book. Definitely recommend it to anyone who is passionate about making a positive change in the world.
Aussiescribbler Aussiescribbler
"There's good news, and there's bad news. The bad news: civilization, as we know it, is about to end. Now, the good news: civilization, as we know it, is about to end."

We find ourselves at a strangely schizophrenic moment in our history as a species. Never have we had such understanding of the workings of our world, and yet we appear to be propelling ourselves inexorably towards our own extinction through a combination of exponential population growth, an economic system which is dependent on an
Jul 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this on audio. It was an interesting tour of the history of biology and psychology in relation to the body's ability to heal via the placebo effect. Sort of a "thoughts become things" argument but without the daffy broad from The Secret. Instead you have a science dude and a history dude.

I expected less science and history lessons but they were interesting to hear put in a line toward addressing our current society's methods of killing themselves with pills, killing the environment
Camillo Loken
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good book showing evidence of intelligent design behind creation. I have referred to Liptons work in my own books:

Wake Up You Are God in Disguise - The Paradox of Creation

The Shift in Consciousness and

Michelle Pasanna
No where near as good as Biology of Belief. I didn't actually finish this. Lipton seems to get too caught up on wordplay and puns and waffle a bit. The actual message of the book, however, was lovely.
Mar 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Took me a bit of time to get through it. But it's nevertheless one of the most interesting and important books I have read in recent times.
Danijel Brestovac
Sep 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Spontana evolucija

str. 17- vse religije so zrasle v zibelki civilizacije, iz "Plodnega polmeseca", ki je današnji Irak - ki sedaj, ironično, v nevarnosti, da postane grobnica civilizacije. ..... pa vam bomo malo namignili poanto: ODGOVOR NA NAŠE MOLITVE SMO MI.

Str. 21- kriza je iskra, ki razpihuje plamen evolucije.

Str. 22- skratka, naš uspeh temelji na
naši izbiri, ki je pač popolnoma
odvisen od naše zavedanosti.

Str. 25- znanstveno preučevanje neizpodbitno potrjuje, da onesnaženost človekove POHL
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Interesting philosophical ideas... however there was one statement in particular that made me think they were covering areas of history naively without genuine investigation that one would expect from a set of authors who reference it in there book...

The statement am referring to was about some of "founding fathers" of America and their link to the Freemason cult ... which was made out to the reader ( me ) as something "positive" - which if you really look into it is far from it in my opinion -
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book, new-age
This book provides food for thought. I suspect it is more primarily pretty rhetorical than useful truths. Be warned.
Alma Bromilow
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, informative and today's science. Love Bruce Lipton.
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Buying it. Or am I? Or will I just take my hammock to Lipton PhD's house and set it up in between some delightful trees out back and greet him every day with chicory coffee and fresh fruit? Haven't decided. I do know that I have finally read the book that has synthesized all of the progressivism that I have been greedily hunting down over the past few years. YES, health, spirit, world, etc, all parallel each other unavoidably because this whole universe is fractal as F&l
The ideas are fascinating and hopeful, and I enjoyed Bruce Lipton's "The Biology of Belief" which creates a framework for the greatly expand vision in this positive and hopeful book. There were two things that detracted from an otherwise valuable book: (1) the political statements, which I personally found naive and misguided, and (2) Dr. Lipton's sad ignorance of his own heritage. The book would've been better without any political insinuations, and would have a wider appeal, since politics ten ...more
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book gives some very interesting history lessons on how certain core beliefs and decisions have shaped the evolution of our civilization to what it is today.
Underpinned by that it gives a hopeful vision and examples on how we might be able to course correct and move forward from the current self destructive path that our modern civilization is following.
This can give some ideas for the reader on how to participate in creating our positive future.
Cristina Smith
Writing about the next phase of planetary evolution is a daunting task. Doing it in a fun, accessible, logical, reasonable, scientific and inspirational manner is extraordinary brilliance. That's exactly what this book does. The authors take their mission seriously enough to not take themselves too seriously.

They reveal answers, questions and possibilities. Sound science, profound philosophy and practical puns guide us onto the path to our planet's positive potential future. They firmly place t
Apr 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Built up to something that didnt happen. Decent book though. Pulls upon the works of Rupert Sheldrake and quantum physics. It concluded that 95% of our mind is subconscious, thus most of our thoughts, behaviour and actions are results of our unconscious programming, mostly placed there from when we were aged 0 to 7. So most of our efforts to change behaviours and ourselves are futile as that engages our conscious part of our brain which takes up 5%. To really change, we must go to the unconsciou ...more
Michael Stanton
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: metaphysical
Best book of 2015 for me. Brings together a lot of ideas with a nice metaphor. The idea is that our civilization(s) needs to recognize we are part of one body, the body of humanity. We need to emphasis co-operation over competition, and create reciprocal instead of extractive relationships. There is a nice section on the move from animism into one-god theology, and moves back and forth along a spectrum. Cool stuff.
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Otrais autora darbs, kas tulkots latviešu valodā. Daudz izvērstāks un pamatotāks par "Ticības bioloģiju".
Pusi grāmatas autori velta lai apgāztu 4 pēdējā gadsimta laikā dominējošas mācības - materiālismu, darvinismu, ģenētisko determinismu un evolūcijas teoriju.
Vai autoru piedāvātās alternatīvās teorijas ir pareizākas par apgāztajām rādīs laiks.
Kopumā, visnotaļ interesants skatījums uz vispārpieņemtām un par pareizām atzītām lietām, kas liek uz pasauli paskatīties ar citām acīm.
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish this were required reading! Looking at our world and the shape it is in can be very disheartening. This book offers hope and a solution if we are just willing to make it happen. I, for one, am a believer and I intend to practice it's methods to the best of my ability. Open your mind and give it a chance! There is no reason for us to live at opposite poles. This book blends science and spirit wonderfully and demonstrates why that is crucial to our survival.
Oscar Romero
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book that provides many answers to our most common every day questions and helps us realize how we can be better and insure a future for our children---which are indeed, citizens of the same place, mother earth. He covers just about everything so that we, as readers, understand where we are, and where we would want to be—and how to get there.

Strongly recommend this book to everyone who wants to learn and wants to change, for the better.
Feb 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Emily by: I read Lipton's previous book
An vitally important book for our times, it's chock full of new information. Epi-genetics is a fascinating subject and Bruce Lipton is a pioneer in the field. The research and information contained in his earlier book, The Biology of Belief, and this book will, in time, cause a shift in the current paradigm of biology and human evolution, and in my opinion, it can't happen soon enough.
Michael Friess
Bruce H Lipton did it again - and this time with lots of humour thanks to co-author Steve Bhaerman. Lipton takes the intertwining of science and spirit from his first book, The Biology of Belief, one step further.

Detailed review:
Jul 26, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve mostly enjoyed the biology and science that the authors have made fun and easy to grasp. Good spiritual reflection and motivating. The new age thinking, however, labels God as an impersonal distant "force" or "field." I believe God can, and wants to, be addressed in a more personal way. I lost interest toward the end of the book and didn't finish the last couple chapters.
Unabridged shortie. Read (galloping!) by the two authors.

Not sure how far I'm going to get with this one as Lipton seems to be rather daft new age...

Fear and the Swine Flu, are they related? Do we need a vaccine to protect us, or are we capable of healing ourselves by maintaining our immune system?

Nope - flakey.

Jan 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some of the analogies are far fetched in my opinion but the theory of evoluiton from single cell organisms to complicated human bodies is right on, and recently confirmed by current research. The subtitle; 'Our positive future and a way to get there from here' is a bit misleading as the book is weak on how we get there. Otherwise a great read.
David Parker
Most of the book was a summary of "The Biology of Belief". Where "The Biology of Belief" makes the comparison between cells and humans. "Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future" extends it to human's community of cells/organisms to the global community.
Mar 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think Bruce Lipton is great! He's a brilliant scientist who talks and presents his material in terms and words we can all understand. His findings and studies are really good. I really enjoy his work.
  • The God Code: The Secret of Our Past, the Promise of Our Future
  • The Presence of the Past: Morphic Resonance and the Habits of Nature
  • The Source Field Investigations: The Hidden Science and Lost Civilizations Behind the 2012 Prophecies
  • The Translucent Revolution: How People Just Like You Are Waking Up and Changing the World
  • The Power of Your Spirit: A Guide to Joyful Living
  • Defy Gravity: Healing Beyond the Bounds of Reason
  • Be the Change: How Meditation Can Transform You and the World
  • The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe
  • Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality
  • Losing Your Pounds of Pain
  • The Fourfold Path to Healing: Working with the Laws of Nutrition, Therapeutics, Movement, and Meditation in the Art of Medicine
  • Pagan Spirituality: A Guide to Personal Transformation
  • The End of Materialism: How Evidence of the Paranormal Is Bringing Science & Spirit Together
  • The Dreaming Universe: A Mind-Expanding Journey into the Realm Where Psyche and Physics Meet
  • The Genie in Your Genes: Epigenetic Medicine and the New Biology of Intention
  • The Mayan Code: Time Acceleration and Awakening the World Mind
  • Serpent of Light: Beyond 2012 the Movement of the Earth's Kundalini and the Rise of the Female Light, 1949 to 2013
Bruce H. Lipton, PhD is an internationally recognized leader in bridging science and spirit. He has been a guest speaker on hundreds of TV and radio shows, as well as keynote presenter for national and international conferences.

Dr. Lipton began his scientific career as a cell biologist. He received his Ph.D. Degree from the University of Virginia at Charlottesville before joining the Department of
More about Bruce H. Lipton...

Nonfiction Deals

• K2: Life and Death on the World's Most Dangerous Mountain
  • Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967
    $12.99 $1.99
    $10.49 $1.99
“Here is the amazing thing: the caterpillar and the butterfly have the exact same DNA. They are the same organism but are receiving and responding to a different organizing signal.” 1 likes
“When you find yourself on a vicious cycle, for goodness sakes, stop peddling!” — Swami Beyondananda” 0 likes