Start by marking “Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)

Rock Chick

(Rock Chick #1)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  50,835 ratings  ·  3,829 reviews
Indy Savage, cop's daughter, rock chick and used bookstore owner, has been in love with Lee Nightingale, once bad boy, now the man behind Nightingale Investigations, since she was five years old. No matter what ingenious schemes Indy used to capture his attention, Lee never showed an interest and Indy finally gave up. Now Indy's employee, Rosie, has lost a bag of diamonds ...more
Published December 1st 2008 by Youwriteon

To ask other readers questions about Rock Chick, please sign up.
Nikki I agree with Linda L. I actually came across the Unfinished Hero series first so Knight was my first. That series led me to plow through Dream Man…moreI agree with Linda L. I actually came across the Unfinished Hero series first so Knight was my first. That series led me to plow through Dream Man because I already loved some of the men in them. Then I started on the Chaos series. But I decided to go back to the beginning to see what I may have missed out on because I've always loved Lee's character when he appears in the other books.

Naturally, writing can build and develop over time, so earlier books may not be as compelling. There is a lot to love here, but there's also a lot of build up with sometimes no payoff. If you're reading this and just can't wait until they finally get that alone time all hot and heavy, prepare to be disappointed. It gets hot and heavy and then the shot may as well pan to a wall like in a chick flick. In later books, we would at least get one good payoff after a huge, sexual-tension-filled buildup. Some shorthand here and there after that is okay, but that part was just a letdown, and I don't read just for the naughty bits.

So basically, after everything else that I LOVE, it's been a bit of a letdown for me.(less)
Rhonda I did love the Stephanie Plum series but got kinda bored after about the 15th book kind of the same old. Now the Rock Chicks "Rock". They crack me up…moreI did love the Stephanie Plum series but got kinda bored after about the 15th book kind of the same old. Now the Rock Chicks "Rock". They crack me up and (so far) only about 7 in the series. I really enjoy them.(less)
Motorcycle Man by Kristen AshleySweet Dreams by Kristen AshleyMystery Man by Kristen AshleyLady Luck by Kristen AshleyThe Gamble by Kristen Ashley
Best Kristen Ashley Books
71 books — 2,174 voters
Wallbanger by Alice ClaytonPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonSeduction and Snacks by Tara SivecTangled by Emma ChasePerfection by R.L. Mathewson
Funny as Hell!
2,127 books — 6,083 voters

More lists with this book...

·  50,835 ratings  ·  3,829 reviews

Start your review of Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)
Kristen
2 stars

I guess this is one of those books that everyone loved but me.

I tried! I really tried to love this book. Then I tried to like this book. Then I just tried to finish this book. Unfortunately, Indy, the heroine, ruined the story for me.

I'm honestly at a loss trying to express my sheer annoyance, disapointment, and frankly, total embarrassment with Indy's character. Not only was she flat out nuts, had one too many TSTL (to stupid to live) moments, and was beyond wishy washy; but, she w
Katerina
This was my first Kristen Ashley experience, and I am officially confused.

Let me explain.

1) You are finally together with the man you've been in love with your entire life. Do you flirt with his colleagues and friends in front of him?

a) Hell to the no, why would I do that?
b) Hell yeah, momma likes some action!
c) N/A

2) You've been shot at and kidnapped. Your badass boyfriend (who has ties with the police and the mob) asks you to let him handle the situation and refrain from doingN/A
explain.
Aestas Book Blog
Pure. Freaking. Gold. LOVE LOVE LOVED this hilarious, romantic, action-packed book!!

This is probably the most all-out FUN book I've ever read! I mean, how can you not love a book about a smart, independent, sassy heroine and her Badass Extraordinaire hero getting together? huh? Its impossible not to I tell you. Impossible! :)

I cannot possibly gush enough. This book was BRILLIANT!! It had me flipping pages like mad, grinning endlessly and laughing and squeeing out-loud more times than I could count!

Its insanely we
"That's All" Ash
So, I’ve decided to bring this book with me to Thanksgiving dinner.

Why, you ask?

Well, that’s a silly question.

I mean, I have to have something to show good ol’ Aunt Deb when I tell her that my future husband is Lee Nightingale.

Duh.

Otherwise everyone will just think I’m crazy.

Which is ridiculous.

Clearly.

photo tumblr_llt9njPv9H1qkyn24o1_500.gif

But enough about Lee. I’ll get to him later…

*eyebrow waggle*

I want to talk to ya guys about Kristen Ashley. This is the first novel of her that I’ve read (we’ll celebrate later)… anridiculous.
Otherwise
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
This is the first Kristen Ashley (henceforth KA) book I ever read, and I LOVE it.

I read the rest of the ROCK CHICK books over the following week or two, and I loved them too, but I missed Lee and Indy. The whole time. Missed them. Now that I've reread it, I feel totally vindicated b/c they are as great as I remembered.

If you're new to KA, this is a good place to start. It follows her model, Indy is one of my favorite of KA's sassy, female MCs, and Lee is the archetypal seriously badass, ex-spe
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

Controlling asshole + TSTL heroine + plot nonsense + stereotypes everywhere = I'm calling bullshit.

For real, this book takes the crappy romance at a whole new level - I could be almost bewildered if I wasn't so pissed. You know what? I read the full book and I don't get it. I might write a full review when I calm down. Someday. In the meantime, I must introduce some facts to provide further information to explain my rating, because I do realize that I'm in a huge minority here.

Before I start, what you need to know is the fact t
Shurrn
The first book in the Rock Chick series was highly amusing, but I don't think this book is for me...

I'm kind of terrified of Kristen Ashley Fans... The author has this huge loyal following (which I was not aware of this until I started reading this) and they love these books... Like REALLY LOVE them... To the point that when I realized that this book wasn't (for me personally) living up to the hype, I got worried about how I would write this review.

With t
xrysa
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I'll keep this review short.

This is my first KA book and obviously not the last.Now I understand why everyone loves her and I want to read all her books.The plot,the characters and the writing style will definitely amaze you.Truth be told,I wasn't familiar with her writing style because it's unique.It took me a while to get used to it but I ended up loving it.

Lee

Indy

ღFloღ the coffee addict
3.75 batshit crazy STARS

“Honey, it's good you're gorgeous or you'd be a pain in the ass.”

Finally. I've been meaning to get into KA's Rock Chick series for ages and suddenly the mood struck me. And here I am scrambling to write reviews, since I'm already on book three.

Rock Chick is book one in the series and is one of Kristen Ashley's older woclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Christy
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Christy by: Kara
4.5 Rockin’ Stars!!!!
 photo 6dec715a-0d9a-4d7d-a5d0-d686a5563fdf_zps24ae5c21.jpg

Indy Savage has been in love with her best friends brother, Lee, since she was five years old. Indy tried for years to get Lee’s attention, but you can only be rejected so many times. Indy is now 30, and the last 10 years or so, she has ignored Lee. It’s just easier that way. She see’s him at family events etc, but ov
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Re-read Review - August 19-21, 2013

You know, I've got so much going on in my life. Most of its great, but some not so great, so I decided I need to surround myself with some totally kickass women and hot, alpha males... So here I am doing a Rock Chick re-read! And I'm. In. Heaven!

Spending time with Indy, Lee, Ally...the entire cast and crew...exactly what I need. I've been giggling my butt off and loving every minute. I'm bumping my rating up to 5 stars because Rock Chick deserv
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

*1.5 stars*

DNF at 50% (7 hours of listening). I give 1 star for the book plus an additional 1/2 star for the narration, which was actually pretty good.

If you are a hard-core, die-hard Kristen Ashley fan, look the other way! Shield your eyes from this review because, I promise you, it will only make you mad!

I honestly don't get the appeal of KA. This is my 4th book from her and they ALL feel the SAME! The SAME! Those staccato sentences, the way the heroines are always wrong and figure out that the man was right all agood.
Ifstars*
DNF
Stacey is Sassy
Loved it...AGAIN!!

I think I'm going to have to do a KA marathon now. Once you start, you can't stop at just one.

************

The Rock Chick series is my happy place

I can’t believe I have never reviewed Rock Chick. This is by far one of my favourite books EVER!! Rock Chick is my go-to book when I need a pick me up. It’s funny, sweet, steamy and has one of the best alpha bossy heroes around.

In my everyday life, many things will trigger my need for a re-read. Someone mentions cashews and I automatically think of Indy’s kickass parties where she gone.
The
Bibi
Sep 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Indy, our female protagonist, is 30 but has the mental capacity of a 12-year-old an 8-yr-old. Very impetuous, irresponsible, stupid, and did I say stupid? Yes, extremely. Who gets kidnapped, punched in the face, stun-gunned, rescued and that very evening has this conversation:

“Where are we going to dinner?” I asked happily and Lee’s eyes slid sideways and his look made a definite promise of “later”, shattering any illusions of my being off the hook.
“Sushi Den,” Ally answered.
At those two wo/>
“Where
Maya  ~the Pessimistic Happy Cat~
.· .·*) .·*)
(.· (.·1 Stars

DNF after 45%

This book has 14,189 ratings and the average rating is 4.26 Stars! 4.26!!!!

x

I don’t get it?? Am I weird for not liking it? Because I don’t think there was much to like. And I really tried :/
But maybe it’s just one of the books everyone loves but me =[

All I was reading was this:

blah

What I liked:

► There were some funny parts^^

ha

Sadly that’s also the only good point I=[
All
Rachel Reads Ravenously

Rock Chick is the story of Indy and Lee. The two grew up together, always getting into shenanigans amongst Lee's siblings. But after being turned down one too many times by Lee, Indy has spent the last few years avoiding him.

Indy owns a bookstore/coffee shop and her best barista has brought chaos down on Indy's life involving diamonds, bad guys and pot
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
RE-READ MY FAV SERIES with Kristina :))) <3!!!
Yayyyyy and Mona with us :D

Review to come!! :D <3 <3

description
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

2.5 Stars

Indy has been in love with her best friend’s brother Lee ever since she was a wee little girl. When she was a teenager she threw herself at him (pretty much literally) for the last time. That’s when he told her she was like a sister to him. For the past decade, Indy has avoided Lee as much possible, but has never fully been able to due to their families' combined celebrations of birthdays/holidays/generic Sunday backyard BBQs, etc. When Indy finds herself in a real pickle
Robin (Bridge Four)
The Rock Chick series Buddy Read with some fellow hard core KA fans at Buddies Books and Baubles

description

After a binge of emotional KA reads this is exactly the shift I needed. Yes at times it is ridiculous and over the top but I was having so much fun that I didn’t care at all and it made it even that more enjoyable.

First there aren’t a lot of books out there where there a
Blacky *Romance Addict*
10+++ Stars!!

Wow. I thought this would be good. It was incredible! Not one single sentence in this book was boring. There was always something happening, I was sometimes crying from laughing so hard. Loved both the hero and heroine, Indy is totally crazy and I loved her, not the tipical "oh my goodness I can't tie my shoelaces by myself" type, but the "I'm butting my nose in all the action even if I reeealy shouldn't" :D Lee was awsome, totally cool macho bad-ass type, and the reason
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont. Romance
Series : - 1st in the series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 5 (originally 3)

★Review★

This is my third time re reading this book.

Have to say, on the first read, I enjoyed it, bu/>
/>/>/>/>/>/>
Lindsey Rey
Feb 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015, romance
Honestly, I don't have a single positive thing to say about this one.
-The main plot line was boring.
-Lee handcuffed her TWICE without her permission.
-TWICE he pinned her down and she said "get off" and he didn't get off.
-He told her what to wear. Initially she said no, and then she said "fine" and changed.
-At the beginning of the novel, Lee tells Indy that she has to have sex with him in order to get him to do something. Although it's not exactly what ends up happen
Parvathy
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

5 'Rock Chick' Stars...

LOVED IT....!!! A truly epic and fun read..!! A splendid and unforgettable book which gave me an amazing and laughter filled reading experience...!!!

Indy and her employee Rosie is getting shot by the bad guys. Rosie lost a bag of a diamonds and the bad guys are chasing them for the diamonds. And non other than Lee comes to their rescue as Indy is involved. Lee is the bad ass who owns Nightingale Investigations and happens to be the guy Indy has been in love with since she was five. He/>LOVED
Ana
Jan 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
After finishing Ms. Ashley's Colorado Mountain series as well as Heaven and Hell I was impressed with the stories (even with the editing and some pretty convoluted sentences), so I decide to try Rock Chic series. I'm happy to say I'm not disappointed.

A couple reviewers compared the books to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series and I can see the similarities. We have a clueless heroine that's been dragged into the criminal world, a handsome, extremely dangerous guy who owns a security company (sounds familiar any
Jilly
This book is NSFW, or even NSFPR (not safe for public reading). Not because of inappropriate pics, but because you will laugh so hard that people will assume you are crazy. It could be helpful on public transportation - having some space to yourself and all.

Hey, are you reading Rock Chick?

When I first heard about it, I was assuming it was about some girl in a band, or a girl chasing a guy in a bandclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Hey,
♥Rachel♥
3.5 Stars

This was a lot of zany fun. I do love a romance of unrequited love, but many years wasted bums me out. Lee and Indy could've been together so long before she was thirty, but for reasons I don't really buy or get, they weren't. I did like Indy and Allie's free spirit, having the most amount of fun possible, but sometimes the recklessness got to me. I think I'd have strangled Indy a few times if I were Lee. Still, good times, but definitely not my favorite Kristen Ashley.
Catarina
5 Diamond Stars!!

description

Indy and Lee know each other since they are kids. They lived in opposite sides of the street, her dad and his parents were best friends and Indy and Ally, Lee’s younger sisters, are best friends since they’re babies.
Indy had a crush on Lee for many years, but he always turned her down and one day he told him that she would always be his little sister best friend, therefore, nothing could happen between the two of them
Indy feels broken, humiliated and knows this is the last time sh
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 4 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I can't believe I hadn't read this one before now. This book was slightly different than the other books I've read from Kristen Ashley. There was a lot more humour in this one, which I really enjoyed.

bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
🎉 PSA: this book is on sale aus kindle, AND THIS SERIES IS THE BEST (22/06/19).

4.5/5 stars

reread:
18/05/17
13/05/18
01/06/19

reread comment: this will always be one of my favourite Rock Chick books, you can never beat the OG couple who brought all the crazy and wonderful characters together. I love everything about this book, Ally & Indy's relationship, the best friend's older brother crush trope and how freaking bomb Kitty Sue is. The most under appreciated character in this series has to be Kitty/>reread

• Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1)
  • Perfection (Neighbor from Hell, #2)
  • Friend-Zoned (Friend-Zoned, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1)
  • Axel (Corps Security, #1)
  • Checkmate (Neighbor from Hell, #3)
  • Until November (Until, #1)
  • Reaper's Legacy (Reapers MC, #2)
  • Under Locke
  • Cage (Corps Security, #2)
  • The Best Thing
  • Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1)
  • Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1)
  • Until Nico (Until, #4)
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
  • Lick (Stage Dive, #1)
  • Play (Stage Dive, #2)
  • The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a

Rock Chick (9 books)
  • Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2)
  • Rock Chick Redemption (Rock Chick, #3)
  • Rock Chick Renegade (Rock Chick, #4)
  • Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick, #5)
  • Rock Chick Reckoning (Rock Chick, #6)
  • Rock Chick Regret (Rock Chick, #7)
  • Rock Chick Revolution (Rock Chick, #8)
  • Rock Chick Reborn (Rock Chick, #9)
“I haven’t been avoiding you,”

“You’re lying. The last time we were both at dinner, you got up in the middle of Mom’s fajita presentation and said you forgot to feed your cat.”

Uh-oh.

“So?”

“You don’t have a cat.”
442 likes
“Your grandmother used to say that you were two souls separated in heaven. She mainly meant you were both trouble and deserved each other.” 330 likes