Start by marking “The Diaper Diaries: The Real Poop on a New Mom's First Year” as Want to Read:
The Diaper Diaries: The Real Poop on a New Mom's First Year

The Diaper Diaries: The Real Poop on a New Mom's First Year

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  148 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
She's hilarious. She's also wise and full of empathy. And she helps new mothers maintain the one thing they can't survive without-a sense of humor. Cynthia Copeland, a mother of three (and author of Really Important Stuff My Kids Have Taught Me, with 325,000 copies in print), knows the real poop-figuratively and literally-on being a new mother, and she has the wit, skill, ...more
Published April 7th 2003 by Workman Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about The Diaper Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Diaper Diaries

Julie
May 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: new moms--first time moms especially!
Loved it! I read this while I was nursing my first baby for hours on end. As a first time mom who didn't really know anyone with kids, it made me laugh and definitely helped me feel "normal" when I was feeling like I was the only one who had ever gone through some of the things that were happening. This would make a great gift for a new mom!
Tina Gauthier
Feb 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I really needed this book during the first few months of my second child's life. I had postpartum depression and nothing seemed to make me laugh. My husband got me out of the house and found me laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. We did not have much money but he grabbed the book out of my hands and bought it for me. Now my kids are 3 and 4 years old. It still makes me laugh and recall those days.
Alison
Jul 23, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: New Moms
This book isn't a how-to book for new moms, it actually offers very little in the way of practical advice. However, it is hilarious! I was laughing out loud the whole time I read it! Even though my daughter is 4 months old so I'm past alot of the stuff mentioned in the book, that made it even more funny because I could so remember and relate to the things they were talking about. I really enjoyed reading this book and think it would be a great gift for a new mom.
Kate
Feb 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mommies to be, Mommies in that first year
Recommended to Kate by: Sales clerk at Borders
This book is a riot! Any woman about to have a baby or who has just had a baby needs to read this! I know it's hard to take time to sit and read when you are changing poopy diapers, pumping breast milk, and rocking a screaming baby to sleep. This one is well worth it! You will find yourself laughing so loud that you wake your sleeping baby. That's okay! There is a section about lullabies!!!! Get that kid back to sleep and keep on reading lol! You deserve the laughs!
Shaunika
Jul 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All mothers and fathers!
Recommended to Shaunika by: My mom
This book is hilarious!! Great humorous look at motherhood. It was funny when I had my first child, but about six to eight months into motherhood, once I had a bit more experience, I re-read the book and it was so hilarious!!
Becca
Aug 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other
Oh this book is HILARIOUS if any of you can get your hands on it, please do! A definite MUST READ for any mom!!
Donna
Jun 21, 2008 rated it it was ok
I must be getting too old to laugh at this stuff. The subtitle says it all. "Real POOP"!
Crystal
Jan 03, 2009 rated it liked it
great for moms
Nicole
Jul 29, 2008 rated it liked it
Pretty funny stuff for a first time mom!
Tiffany
Jun 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
SO FUNNY! Makes you feel like you might actually be a normal mother.
Vânia Oliveira
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Adorei! Super divertido!
Ginny
Feb 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I got this book before I had my son, and found it intriguing. I read it again after he was born and found it to be hilarious and true!!
Errica
Jun 13, 2008 rated it liked it
This book is a light read and quite entertaining; providing many opportunities to laugh at, and enjoy one's role as new mother. It's easy to read while nursing! A fun new baby gift.
Darby
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious and so accurate. A great present for the mama on baby's first birthday.
Heidi
Oct 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Very cute book for a new mom!
Anna Bled
Jan 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
It was OK. Pretty funny. I thought there would be some useful advice mixed in there, but it's all just light humor.
Reena
May 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious look at parenthood, made me laugh out loud many times, great illustrations. Brilliant and hilarious.
Heather
Sep 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Sooo funny for new mom's, I laughed out loud several times :)
Skylar Burris
Dec 24, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, parenting
Funny, and oh-so-true, this is a great "parenting" book for the new mom, about four to six months after the child is born, and she can look back on it all with humor.
Lindsay Malouf
Feb 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So funny! Every new mom should read this!
Lauren
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mama
great book for first time moms
Lea Minniti
Jan 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
hilarious!
Kelly Ann
Apr 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Not as funny as I had hoped, but it was certainly a quick read through many middle of the night nursing sessions.
Jan 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
A funny look at what I'm about to experience. A good reminder to keep it all in perspective!
Nickole
Oct 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Just finished this book. (read a couple pages per night)...it is hilarious and spot on. I say you should only read this after your baby is like 6mo. or older. I laughed out loud a lot.
Zuzana
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great, funny, brainless read for new moms. I thought parts were really hilarious, and then got to pass it on to a friend who's expecting so she too could be entertained.
Paula
Jul 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I read this after my first child was born, it was very funny!
Kathleen
Apr 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Angie, Janice, Tina
Hilarious & quick-read for any new mom or moms with young children.
Ben
Aug 09, 2011
Sara Boyce
Jun 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Beauty Fades, Dumb Is Forever: The Making of a Happy Woman
  • Pregnancy Sucks: What to Do When Your Miracle Makes You Miserable
  • Making Kind Choices: Everyday Ways to Enhance Your Life Through Earth - And Animal-Friendly Living
  • Girl Seeks Bliss: Zen and the Art of Modern Life Maintenance
  • Two Whole Cakes: How to Stop Dieting and Learn to Love Your Body
  • Sheepish: Two Women, Fifty Sheep, and Enough Wool to Save the Planet
  • Miss Manners Minds Your Business
  • Momfidence!: An Oreo Never Killed Anybody and Other Secrets of Happier Parenting
  • Teaching ESL/EFL Reading and Writing
  • Get Your Own Damn Beer, I'm Watching the Game!: A Woman's Guide to Loving Pro Football
  • The Koran For Dummies
  •  Word Savvy: Use the Right Word Every Time, All the Time
  • The Curse: Confronting the Last Unmentionable Taboo: Menstruation
  • Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers
  • The Three-Martini Playdate: A Practical Guide to Happy Parenting
  • City: A Story of Roman Planning and Construction
  • Faith No More: Why People Reject Religion
  • When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull Up a Chair: 50 Ways to Feel Thin, Gorgeous, and Happy {When You Feel Anything But}