Start by marking “Poppy's Pants” as Want to Read:
Poppy's Pants

Poppy's Pants

Penelope's poppy always wears khaki pants. When he finds a hole in one pair, he asks Penelope to patch it up. Penelope likes to sew . . . but this is a big job. Penelope struggles, but with a little help from her mama, she gets the job done. Doll-maker Melissa Conroy makes her picture-book debut with a friendly and off-beat cast of doll characters, featured in artwork laye ...more
Published July 1st 2009 by Blue Apple Books

To ask other readers questions about Poppy's Pants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poppy's Pants

Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Penelope calls her grandfather, Poppy, and when he gets a hole in the knee of his pants, she offers to sew it up for him. But sewing up a hole in the fabric proves to be more complicated than Penelope expected, especially since Poppy is color blind and doesn't what type of thread Penelope should use!

This is a cute book, but I thought the story was sort of disjointed, and it didn't flow very smoothly between ideas. Because picture books are so short, I like them to have more of a consistent and s
Alice
Mar 10, 2015 rated it liked it
What I liked and what I didn't like is about equal. I like and I don't like the pictures, I like and I don't like the dolls, I like and I don't like the story. Could I offer a better answer...perhaps..but I don't know how I really feel. My co worker pulled this book off the shelf for me so that I might fulfill my book quota for the day but with the strange faced girl on the cover I might have passed.

The dolls are cute and bizarre, the artwork is weird, and cool.

I can't form any better explanati
Kim Sanders
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I know, a picture book is not the normal book on my reading list, but I love to give books when I'm invited to the birthday parties of toddlers. I think toddlers still prefer holding a book and touching its pages. Poppy's Pants is excellent. I love the entire idea behind the story, but my favorite parts of the book are the creative illustrations. I believe Melissa inherited some of her father's talent, but her talent is completely unique and perfect for children's books.
Tina
Aug 16, 2013
Margie
Apr 08, 2017
Terry
Bright colors and expressive doll characters will capture the hearts of little girls and grandfathers alike. This is a clever way of talking about colors and problem-solving.
Colby Harris
rated it did not like it
Jan 17, 2016
May 25, 2016
Julie
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Good book for children. Teaches us to never give up and that we can achieve difficult tasks.
Cori