Start by marking “Mischief in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mischief in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #2)

Mischief in Mudbug

(Ghost-in-Law #2)

Sabine LeVeche, orphaned at an early age, is in the middle of a medical crisis and needs to find a blood relative STAT. Luckily, she's got a sexy PI and one sassy but determined ghost on her side. Not so luckily, there's a murderer gunning for her just in case her illness doesn't kill her first.
Published October 1st 2009 by Love Spell (first published August 20th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mischief in Mudbug, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mischief in Mudbug

Start your review of Mischief in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #2)
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in the Ghost-In-Law series by Jana Deleon. Sabine LeVeche, friend of Maryse of Trouble in Mudbug , hears the voice of the late Helena Henry and soon after she learns some devastating news. She has leukemia and needs a bone marrow donor. Sabine realizes she needs to locate her family and hires an investigator, Beau Villeneuve, to find them.

Another fun, amusing, and entertaining book by Jana Deleon. While definitely farfetched, I love reading the ridiculous tale of the residents
Marsha
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
(3.5 Stars)
First and foremost let me say that I am a huge fan of Jana Deleon. However, as much as I enjoyed "Mischief in Mudbug," it was not up to the author's normal creative standards.

In this second book in the Ghost-in-Law series, we find ourselves embroiled in Maryse's bff, Sabine's story to try to locate her long lost family to see if she can get a bone marrow transplant. She has cancer and is desperate for a treatment. So, with the help of her friend, Raissa in New Orleans, she locates a
April
Did I mention I love this series!! It is part cozy mystery, part contempo romance and a whole lotta ghostie fun!

Helene cracks me up! She is just so much trouble!

The lead this time is Sabine, who we met in the first book and had a tiny taste of what was to come for her.

I love her sassy attitude. She does annoy a touch with her fake psychic job, although she is more of a counselor to her clients.

Beau is a deliciously hunky PI. He is a perfect match for Sabine! Love their dynamic.

This is a open
Liz
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
A fun series. There is a formulaic romance, a zany mystery with twists and turns, as well as a mischievous peckish ghost.
The first book involved Maryse, Helena's daughter-in-law. This book is about her best friend Sabine who is also a good looking woman who meets a hot guy and basically finds love at first sight, same as Maryse.
The good: Helena, the ghost-in-law, is a scream; she is making the most of the afterlife. A mystery that keeps the curve balls coming.
The not so good: Not a fan of cancer
Allison
Aug 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Despite being a part of the Ghost-in-Law series, this book can be read on it's own - I do recommend reading the first book - not just because it's good but because it gives background on a few of the characters.
I liked this book, the best part of it being the Ghost-in-Law Helena Henry - what a character. Now that I've finished the entire series - she is the glue that holds the series together because each of books revolves around her becoming a part of the lead character's life.
When you can see
FangirlNation
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ghost Helena returns in Jana DeLeon’s Mischief in Mudbug, but this time she focuses on helping Sabine, whom we met in Trouble in Mudbug as the best friend of Maryse, the main character and daughter-in-law of Helena. Orphaned as an infant and raised by a great-aunt who claims no knowledge of any other family members, Sabine has long sought out her family and some knowledge of her parents. Just as she has gained a measure of peace about her background, she learns that she has leukemia, making the ...more
Olivia
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an improvement on the first in this series and I quite enjoyed it.

I like Sabine and I thought the romance bit was not so bad.

The baddies were especially hideous and I liked how there were a few of them.

I really like Helena.

On to part 3!
Jena Hess
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book. Had me guessing until the end. Suspense, romance and comedy all in one. For me, since I only get to read 20 minutes a day on my commute to work, it was hard to keep everyone straight. But in the end, it all gets wrapped up. Will definitely read book 3.
Laila Nelke
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! It was a great fun to read this book! It's getting even better! I have been guessing all the way what, who and why being right only about small parts. Non stop action full of twists and turns along with my own 7 paralel lines going on in my wild imagination, and I was sure I'm right until proved wrong, ha ha. Love Helena, Maryse, Sabine, Mildred and, of course sexy Beau!
Couldn't put it down! Amazing!
Rabecca Anderson
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was interested in this because of the first book. I really like the characters and found this book better than the first. Still a light, funny, and easy read.
Dotti Elrick
Aug 20, 2012 rated it liked it
This is book two of the "Ghost-in-Law" mystery series. I would recommend reading the first story "The Trouble in Mudbug" prior to reading this one. It can be read as a stand alone, but it makes more sense with the full back story.
Sabine is the local psychic in the small town of Mudbug Louisiana. She and her best friend Maryse, grew up under the care of a family friend, Mildred. Sabine and Maryse both lost their parents at an early age. Sabine has tried for years and years to find any of her
Lynn Demsky
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“Family can be the death of you…..
Sabine LaVeche needs to locate a blood relative fast – her life depends on it.
Then Helena Henry shows up offering to help, and Sabine knows she’s really in trouble when it’s the best idea she’s heard in a while. When private investigator Beau Villeneuve takes on Sabine’s case, things heat up in more ways than one, and Sabine struggles to balance thoughts of a life with Beau against her chances of living at all.
As the investigation proceeds, they begin to
Becky ♡The Bookworm♡
This was a cozy little mystery with a snarky ghost that kept things light and fluffy. I was curious about Sabine after reading the first book in the series and while I enjoyed getting to know her history, I don't feel like I really got to know her. Regardless, I enjoyed watching Beau and Sabine rattle the skeletons in her long lost family closet. Helena, the ghost, was a riot as usual.

The book ended with a few unanswered questions. I also felt the relationship between Beau and Sabine lacked the
Theresa
4.5 Stars... I was hooked into this one right from the start and my attention never wavered throughout... Helena continued to be a lovable nuisance with a sassy attitude and a LARGE appetite; her overall story continues to be revealed in pieces keeping me engrossed into the storyline... Beau and Sabine had great chemistry and intriguing backstories that meshed brilliantly and created the overall mystery which continued to twist and turn until the very end... All of these unique, funny, smart, ...more
Anita
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lots of fun, humor, romance, and mystery. I love this series about the quirky small town of Mudbug, LA and the interesting people and their resident ghost. You really need to read these books in order because prior characters have big parts in succeeding books.

Sabine is an orphan who has been trying to find her family for most of her life. Now, she really has reason to need them. She hires a PI, Beau, and he comes with his own baggage about searching for lost family. He is also hot and drawn to
Kylie Ross
I really wasn't sure what to expect with this book and was hugely surprised. The story was well written and interesting. The romance was subtle and initially the story started a bit slow and predictable for me - or so I thought. The twists and turns that followed quickly from one chapter to the next had me staying up late to get to the end and find out who was trying to kill who and why.

This is the 2nd book in the series and I'll be going back for no. 1 and then onto no. 3. I want to see how
Michelle Dodd
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
am enjoying this series so far this is the second book in the series and it just gets better. i love helena henry the ghost she is a hoot if you like a good laugh romance and action this is your book. this book keeps you wanting more.
Eyre
Nov 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Humorous mystery that was a bit predictable; however, there were a couple of unexpected twistd. Helena is more amusing in this installment, and she's definitely much nicer in death than she was in life.
Emmie
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love Jana Deleon books! They are just so witty with quirky characters and lots of action.
Nidofito
An amusingly twisty tale with a couple that's even more likeable than the one in the previous book.
Synia
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good mystery, a lot of the jokes land. Already bought the next one.

The only reason I gave it three stars is because while the mystery plot works the characters are shallow. The universe is also a bit childish, with 'love at first sight' 'amazing sex the first time' 'never fighting couple' 'good guys are good and bad guys are bad and there's no gray area.' 'protagonist is a social recluse but has none of the character flaws associating with an avoidant personality'. I can be forgiving of this in
Angela (Kentuckybooklover) Brocato-Skaggs
Goodreads:

My Review:
Paranormal reads are probably my second to least favorite (horror is my absolute favorite). The Ghost-in-Law series is growing on me. I think it is the sassiness of the characters.

Amyiw
This was good, a bit fun in parts but... didn't keep my interest in other parts. Over all just a 3 barely. I liked the couple and other than the dragging getting together, it really was good. The drag in the romance was not opening up with the real reason to find the family members. Everyone in town seems to know (OK only 3 or 4 friends) but the guy, nope and since this is the reason for not getting together it is frustrating. Then the mystery, it is pretty convoluted. Very evil women (most ...more
Maetta
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The 2nd book in the series foucuses on Sabine Leveche, the best friend of Maryse Robicheaux. Sabine is coping with a diagnosis of cancer when she is suddenly able to hear Helena, Maryse’s ghostly mother in law. Soon she is also able to see her.
One of the driving forces in Sabine’s life has been to find out about her parents. She was orphaned as an infant and raised by Mildred. Now there is a chance that the cancer can be put in remission of Sabine finds a match for a marrow transplant. The
Shaly
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jana-deleon
4.5 Stars

OMG..this book was amazingly good! The mystery behind Sabine's family had me glued to these pages because try as I might I could not get a handle on who was who. Though I did make a guess towards the end and it turned out correctly but everything else was just super surprising. To think so many people lost their lives because of greed. Rich people have everything but still want more, that's no way to live, no way to be happy..sighs.

Sabine and Beau were cute together though she was a bit
Liz
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The not so good: Not a fan of
Amelia
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Solid 3 1/2 stars, a half star was lost due to one too many characters - I just couldn’t track them all which affected my ability to really figure out the details of the mystery until the very end.

Also I simply picked up the book without reading the description, I liked the first so why not just jump right in? Well because the main character switched!

I ended up really liking Sabine’s story. I read another series that did this (Party Girls by Rachel Hollis) and I’m betting that if I read the
Sharon
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The ghost of Helena Henry is back, haunting Sabine LeVeche this time. Sabine's trying to find a family member to be a bone marrow match as she deals with cancer ... and someone's trying to kill her. It's up to Helena, and handsome private investigator Beau Villeneuve, to figure out what's going on before it's too late.

I am utterly charmed by this series of cozy mysteries, set in the fictional town of Mudbug, Louisiana, with side trips into New Orleans. The characters are entertaining, the
Saadia
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series! The ghost character adds highly visual and kinesthetic comic relief to the whodunnit storyline.

I think that clown routines are actually very painful and sad situations. So I can see how the ghost character starts as obnoxious then as the reader gets to know her better across the series, one can see her traumatized personality and understand her efforts to get her way. There is no excuse for bad behavior but one feels compassion.

The writer is pretty good at clever repartee, at
George
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
#2 in the ghost-in-law mystery series set in the small town of Mudbug, Louisiana near the bayou and New Orleans. Sabine LeVeche, orphaned at an early age, is in the middle of a medical crisis and needs to find a blood relative for bone marrow transplant. She is also seeking to discover who her parents were and whether she has any family so she can have a transplant match. There is romance in the air, there are attempts on her life and a ghost who has her own agenda while not being above helping ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: #147 - Mischief in Mudbug 1 1 Sep 03, 2014 10:52AM

• Rose and Helena Save Christmas (Rose Gardner Mystery, #6.4, Ghost-in-Law, #6.5)
  • Undercover (Miss Fortune Series Kindle Worlds; Sinful Past Book 1)
  • Nearly Departed (Miss Fortune; Nearly Sinful #1)
  • Mutiny on the Bayou (Miss Fortune)
  • Leaving Sinful (Miss Fortune)
  • Overdue (Miss Fortune; Overdue #1)
  • Hiding in the Bayou (Miss Fortune; Bayou Cozy #1)
  • Happy Birthday, Marge (Miss Fortune; Sinful Spirits #1)
  • Nearly Beloved (Miss Fortune; Nearly Sinful #2)
  • Fortune and Fame (Miss Fortune World Book 1)
  • Murder on the Sinful Express (Miss Fortune Series Kindle Worlds)
  • Sinful Pursuit (The Miss Fortune World & The Cappuccino Posse Book 4)
  • Merlin's Misfortune (Miss Fortune)
  • A Blooming Fortune (Miss Fortune World)
  • Sinful Moves (Miss Fortune Series Kindle Worlds; The Cappuccino Posse Book 5)
  • Soul Man (The Miss Fortune Series Kindle Worlds Novella; Sinful Spirits Book 2)
  • Wrong Turn (Miss Fortune World: Mercy on the Bayou Book 1)
  • Sinful Alibi (Miss Fortune World: Sinful Past Book 2)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jana DeLeon was raised in southwest Louisiana among the bayous and gators. Her hometown is Carlyss, but you probably won't find it on a map. Her family owned a camp located on a bayou just off the Gulf of Mexico that you could only get there by boat. The most important feature was the rope hammock hanging in the shade on a huge deck that stretched ...more

Ghost-in-Law (6 books)
  • Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #1)
  • Showdown in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #3)
  • Resurrection in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law #4)
  • Missing in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law #5)
  • Chaos in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law #6)