Start by marking “Twisted Symmetry (The Bad Tuesdays, #1)” as Want to Read:
Twisted Symmetry (The Bad Tuesdays, #1)

Twisted Symmetry (The Bad Tuesdays #1)

3.32  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Chess Tuesday and her brothers, Box and Splinter are street rats: outcast children who live on the fringes of society. Nobody likes them but now they are being pursued by two formidable and opposing sides. The Twisted Symmetry seek eternal life and to obtain this they need children; lots of children.
Published January 8th 2009 by Hachette Children's Group (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Symmetry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted Symmetry

Jade Walker
Jul 21, 2012 rated it liked it
I was contacted to review the latest book in the series but requested the first book since I had never heard of this series before now.

The short would be that whilst I really did like this book I felt that something was missing. The structure was good, the characters were okay and the action kept me reading, keeping a good pace, but still there seemed to be something missing.

To start with, I wasn't sure that this book was for me, but what kept me reading was Chess, she's street-smart but also a
Yamin Eaindray
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it. All of them had their own specific personalities.

Splinter Tuesday, who just loves to be in charge of everything and doesn't think anybody is special, like his sister Chess Tuesday.

Box Tuesday, a boy who's always hungry and a lot nicer to their little sister than their cold older brother Splinter.

Chess Tuesday, youngest and tiniest of all three, is a child with a gift that Splinter insists that it's nothing important. Chess is brave - determined to let the hunters (or trade
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
Jul 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Full review and guest post on Much Loved Books

I had not heard of this series prior to being contacted by the publisher about the newest addition, book 6, The Spiral Horizon, so as part of the blog tour I have a review of the first book, Twisted Symmetry, with a guest post and giveaway.
When I got the book in the post and I got a better look at the cover I loved it. The cover is black and white, with just the book title in colour and I think what makes it stand out is how different it is from othe
Amy
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Younger Teens, Tweens, Teachers (10+)
~Reviewed whole series. Follow?~

The genre this book is in sits on the fence between fantasy, science & light-hearted dystopia, with a touch of realism as the best books are weaved with. It’s not just a story of street rats’ survival in a dimension similar to ours, it’s a story of a girl chased by Hunters. It’s the story of Hunters taking thousands of children like they have got this ‘right’, and when the Hunters come face-to-face with the street rats it becomes too much for Chess. She is jus
Mark Speed
Jul 14, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a children's book. It was written by a family friend of a colleague so I thought I'd give it a go.

Quite honestly, I wasn't convinced. The idea itself was pretty good, and the author's soldiering background clearly added something to the action. However, the characterisation and writing itself left a little to be desired. It just wasn't all there. Something compelling - empathy for the characters, perhaps - seemed to be missing. A little lucky to avoid a two.
Nathanl
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is about three orphans that was sent on Tuesday, they are a bunch of street rats but that means there people who steal, snick stuff.
they are being chased by people who hate kids and people from other worlds. A group of small people are protecting them. I especially liked the part when they were in a base were the enemy was because it got intense, i liked splinter because most of the times when he is talking he pretends to act cool, i would recommend this book to Luman
Freya
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely incredible read. It is fast paced and exciting, and the story is utterly original and unique. It grips you from the word go; I just could not put it down!
It is a bit complicated from time to time (something continues throughout the series really)-I would occasionally go back to try and work out who someone was or what something was (not a good read at 2 o'clock in the morning in that sense) but don't let that put you off. It is a spectacular book, that every should read.
Hasini (Ink On Paper)
Dec 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites, dystopian
A fast-paced action/adventure novel that had me wanting more!
Nicholas
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was okay but had a good structure!
Daisy
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good book
Wala
Raven_mi
Dec 16, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Nathan Lee 1 1 Mar 18, 2015 06:37PM
After studying Philosophy and Psychology at Leeds University, Myers attended the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.
In addition to writing, Benjamin is a barrister specializing in serious crime, often representing vulnerable defendants, in particular juveniles.
Married with three children, Benjamin Myers lives in North Cheshire.
More about Benjamin J. Myers...

The Bad Tuesdays (6 books)
  • Strange Energy