Start by marking “Wolfe's Hope (Breeds ,#8.5; Wolf Breeds, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wolfe's Hope (Breeds ,#8.5; Wolf Breeds, #2)

Wolfe's Hope

(Breeds #8.5)

Hope believed Wolfe was dead, but he was only waiting for the right time to claim her. The scientist who created him, Hope's mother, has forced his hand. She wants her creation back, and she wants any children he may breed on her daughter.

He is a man whose DNA was altered, infused with the genetic code of the wolf. His unique genetic makeup has created a male unlike any ot
Published December 5th 2002 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Wolfe's Hope, please sign up.
Rise This is a short story, but I notice that this story is found in Primal Heat book with 3 other authors. Sherri L. King, Jaci Burton & Lorie…moreThis is a short story, but I notice that this story is found in Primal Heat book with 3 other authors. Sherri L. King, Jaci Burton & Lorie O'Clare. (less)
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Best Erotica
2,327 books — 2,367 voters
Lover Awakened by J.R. WardFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesDark Lover by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardFifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
Books with the Hottest Sex!
3,266 books — 3,425 voters

More lists with this book...

Alex is The Romance Fox
What a disappointment!!! I was so looking forward to Hope and Wolf’s story but all I read was more explicit mating frenzies….with a lot of same from previous books
 photo 554d6651-71a8-487f-92bb-918463b5be81_zps757b3505.jpg

and a lot of
 photo images_zpsc1b68019.jpg
and lots of
 photo download2_zpsb427c7d6.jpg
wow, everything about Hope did it for Wolf,
 photo download1_zps4138173f.jpg
even though he wanted to kill her…why???? Because she betrayed him but not really…she just had an evil Mom who just happened to be a WICKED SCIENTIST!!!!

Okay, I really enjoy erotic romance but after reading pages and pages of explicit sex (which I like as wel
Sophia Triad
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Breeds 10
Wolf Breeds 2
Featured Couple: Wolfe (wolf) & Hope (human)

I would like to start with an observation I have been dying to point out since the day I started writing the Breeds Reviews:

Felines’ leader: Callan Lyons with his book “Tempting The Beast”, pages 284
Coyotes’ leader: Del-Rey Delgato with his book “Coyote's Mate”, pages 341
Wolves’ leader: Wolfe Gunnar with his book “Wolfe's Hope”, pages 41 !!!

There is nothing that can be done now. I just wanted to say that it is a bit unfair…

Any
Bark
Apr 20, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve only read one book by author Lora Leigh. It was called Menage A Magick and I picked it up because of the catchy blurbage that delivered on the promise of the heroine being “the filling in a wizard sandwich”. Tell me, could you have resisted?

Anyway it was okay, nothing special, nothing awful so I decided to try this one when it turned up in audiobook format. I’ll read anything on audio and I mistakenly thought this was Book 1 in the Wolf Breeds series
Zeek
Way too short to make this one really work- Wolfe came off too harsh and unreasonable- BUT I love what I see of these two later on in the books ...

I’m hoping LL will revamp and expand. Though only $2.99 from EC, it’s too short by far.

He is a man whose DNA was
PJ
2.5 'Hopeful' Stars
Audiobook version

This reminded me so much of a Laurann Dohner New Species book. That's a positive. Everything was there: great setup & story idea, strong characters with sizzling chemistry, My only issue was that the story was entirely too short. Even 50 more pages building up the background and their history, drawing out Wolfe's search for Hope, how torn he is between his rage and his lust for her. There's just not quite enough here. It would make a great Prologue to anot
Kerry
Dec 17, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 5, 2010, paranormal, ebooks, romance
This is one of Lora Leigh's early entries in her Breeds series, a short story published with Ellora's Cave. In the years since, the series has moved to mainstream publisher Berkley, and she has significantly expanded the world she has created.

I'm one of those people who really likes to read a series in order. This can become quite a stress when publication order and chronological order differ and I have to choose one or the other to follow. In this case, I'm working with the series chronology pr
Erika
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: shifters

Wolfe just seemed like a stupid a** to me. Like he was completely unable to look at facts and comes to reasonable conclusions. He did not redeem himself AT ALL. The heroine should have made him suffer for a good long time. Ah well. 40+ pages didn't provide much time for that I suppose.

Mhairi
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wolf's Hope (a short story) in the breeds series while a great start to the introduction to the pack and wolves I just wish it had been a bit longer.
Sammy Loves Books
LL managed to stage a kidnapping, torture, sex and murder in 42 pages. Wolfe is in search of a confession from the girl he loves. He believes he has been betrayed. So he tortures his lover for information....tortures her with depraved sex that is. And that makes for some hot reading!
April
This was a good and steamy story. I like the wolf breeds but they don't punch my clock like the felines! Here's hoping the stories get longer and develop a plot of their own.
Lindap
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
2 Stars

This could have been a decent full length novel, but as a novella it wasn't long enough to really get into.
Dina
Story available in print format in Primal Heat anthology.
Ruthie Rink
Jun 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Delta
1.5 stars Warning, Will Robinson...This tale is illogical!

First, apologies to my friends who loved this. I simply cannot agree on this one.

It is insulting to readers' intelligence when authors are very inconsistent with their own world building as is the case in Wolfe's Hope. Given what the readers know about breeds after just one story, most of this tale is not logical. For the record, I have generally enjoyed the Breeds series up until the past couple of books when the logic problems and som
Shannon (Savhage Temptrest)
"Wolfe's Hope" by Lora Leigh is a short story in the Breeds series that was very informative and erotic with just a touch of violence.

This is the backstory for Wolfe, the Wolf Breed leader of a pack that escaped a Genetics Council lab the same time the Feline Breeds revealed themselves to the world, and his mate Hope, the daughter of one of the scientists that ran the Breeds lab.

Although this was just a short story, it gave a lot of information on relationship between Wolfe and Hope, and it intr
PepperP0t
Delia Bainsmith is the lead scientist of the Mexican lab for the dreaded council in charge of imprisoning and experimenting on the Breeds they'd created. When Wolfe kills a guard to protect Delia's daughter, Hope, Delia surmises it's the trigger for the mating bond and orders Wolfe to impregnate Hope for the next phase of the council's plan.

After the explosion that destroyed the lab, Delia spent years trying to locate the breed wolves or proof of their death. Meanwhile she kept an eye on Hope's
twelvejan [Alexandria]
Giving this a 2.5. Nothing impressive. The foreplay ain't to shabby though. 3/4 of the books was like this:-

description

But hey, it's only 41 pages.

description
Laura Beth
41 page novella consisting of not much more than 2 scenes. I like the premises for this story but this is really just a very, very short story introducing the new wolf pack. Lora Leigh has lots of short stories in this series and while they are ok, they lack the character development and the ability to draw a reader into the story like the full length novels do.
Dee
Mar 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
Kathryn
Dec 26, 2010 rated it did not like it
I promise that the low rating is not due to this being such a short story, though I would have appreciated at least a novella length allowance for more depth of the characters. The setup was great, as a way to introduce the wolf breeds. But what Wolfe does to Hope did not sit well with me. How Hope instantly forgives Wolfe sat even worse. Maybe I should be happy this was not longer.
Coyora Dokusho
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Okay, sooooo I went to read the ones in order of publication rather than chronology, because I was getting frustrated with continuity issues. The earlier ones are SUBSTANTIALLY CRAPPIER, just so you know. This one too was pretty crappy.
Sharon
This was a very short and quick read about Wolfe and Hope. Wolfe came across as very, very unreasonable and was intent on making Hope "pay" for her infedilities.
I'm hoping there is more of them in upcoming books.
Kay
Feb 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
This was originally released as part of the Primal Heat anthology, and later released as a novella.

While I enjoyed this very much, I found it lacked the intensity and spark that I've come to expect in a full novel by Lora Leigh. This is a wonderful filler story in the Breed saga.
AL
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: friggin-hawt
Finally the wolf I wanted to meet :D.. This short story was smokin hot! Glad Hope and Wolfe found each other and fixed their problems. But the way he tortured her (MMMMM MMM MMM) you can torture me like that anytime baby :D!
Adoore
I really liked both characters a lot but the story needed to be extended. It was way to short. It had such potential as a full length novel instead the short novella did not do the story justice. It could have been better.
Dani
Nov 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lora-leigh
3.5 stars. Way to short to even get connected with either of the characters, but now I'm excited for Jacob... which shouldn't happen that easily in anothers' book...
Deidre
Jul 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Wow ...this is a very short story. A little disapointing as I had read the other books and was curious about Wolf & Hope ....this doesn't give you much.
Paloma Beck
Apr 04, 2012 rated it liked it
the best part of this short story was that it gives insight into the relationship between Wolfe & Hope that is eluded to in Leigh's other breed books.
Kath
Sep 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Another Hot story, three stars only because there was not a lot to this one, very short
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
super short, hot smuttiness....not much story...
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #10.5; Wolf Breeds, #5)
  • Hot Spell (Demon World, #2; Breeds, #5.5; The Guardians, Prequel)
  • Ties That Bind (includes: Bound Hearts, #1)
  • Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6)
  • The Twelve Quickies of Christmas (Volume 1)
  • A Wish, a Kiss, a Dream (Cowboys and Captives, #2; Dream, #4)
  • Legend's Passion (Devlin Dynasty, #4)
  • Dirk's Love (Roxie's Protectors, #6)
  • Running Wild (Wild,  #1-3)
  • Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)
  • Fated (Cascadia Wolves, #5)
  • Seducer (Sensual Captivity, #1)
  • Wolf Tales II  (Wolf Tales #2)
  • Manaconda (Trek Mi Q'an #6) (Horde Wars #4)
  • Candid Camera (Were Watching, #1)
  • Summer's Caress (Wolf’s Heritage, #2)
  • Taming the Fire (ACRO, #4)
  • Taming Samantha (Sea Island Wolves, #2)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more

Breeds (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • The Man Within (Breeds, #2; Feline Breeds, #2)
  • Elizabeth's Wolf (Breeds, #3; Wolf Breeds, #1)
  • Kiss of Heat (Breeds, #4; Feline Breeds, #3)
  • Soul Deep (Breeds, #5; Coyote Breeds, #1)
  • Megan's Mark (Breeds, #6; Feline Breeds, #5)
  • Harmony's Way (Breeds, #7; Feline Breeds, #6)
  • Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #8; Feline Breeds, #7)
  • Jacob's Faith (Breeds, #9; Wolf Breeds, #3)
  • Aiden's Charity (Breeds, #10; Wolf Breeds, #4)