Start by marking “The Official SAT Study Guide” as Want to Read:
The Official SAT Study Guide

The Official SAT Study Guide

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  491 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
The Official SAT Study Guide: Second Edition™ by The College Board features 10 official SAT® practice tests created by the test maker. With over 1,000 pages and more than 20 chapters, it's packed with the most up-to-date information students need to get ready for the test.

Students will gain valuable experience and raise their confidence by taking practice tests, by reviewi
Paperback, Second Edition, 1008 pages
Published July 21st 2009 by College Board (first published January 7th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Official SAT Study Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Official SAT Study Guide

Hannah
Nov 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I just took the SAT this morning... and oh, do I appreicate having this book as a study guide before the test!! Taking the practice tests included in the back made the real thing way easier. Highly, highly, highly recommnded for any SAT-takers!!
Briana
Oct 10, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Yes. Call me lame. I don't care. In fact, I agree wholeheartedly.

THE SAT IS OVER!!!!

Just had to celebrate by adding this.

As far as this book goes, I guess it was helpful...like a neon blue rain cloud that hung over my head...honestly, the thing's like a puzzle book on steroids...

I went completely liberal for my timed essay. Don't know whether I should be proud or ashamed of myself...
Alli
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: future SAT takers
I took the SAT last year and i honestly think i would've done horribly without this book. It was extremely expensive but worth all the money. I let people borrow it all the time and recommend it to anyone taking the SAT.
Lisa
Jan 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 11th and 12th graders
Shelves: nonfiction
This book contains some common sense advice about how to prepare for this test that I would recommend to all who are planning to take the test soon. The book also presents strategies to use when taking the test and breaks down the type of questions on the test. The book provides examples of the types of math questions found on the test--you should be given the tools to solve these types of questions in Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II. The book includes 10 practice SAT tests with the answers. ...more
Lea
Feb 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: test-prep
This helped me a great deal not only on my SATs but also on other standardized tests. Unfortunatetly, I was only able to do a few tests. I'm sure that if I did more, my scores would be even better than they are now. This is essential for all SAT test takers.
Amirhossein Pourakbar
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: exam-books
This is the first book that i could study for making my English skill better but it doesnt work for taking College board exams due to the date of writing this book that is so old !
So i prefered to study another book which was so easier to learn the college board subjects.
Berke
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: textbook
A must book for the sat reasoning tests. Has ten practice tests which will take quite a while to finish. Book offers some tactics and approaches to the test but this is really a book for applying your sat strategy in real-time. Helped me improve my score but finishing it requires a lot of forbearance.

Use it along with princeton review sat. Also get supplementary flashcards from barrons and words from PR hit parade list.
Rhonda
Dec 17, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my children received this as a reward from the school and it does contain useful information. However, they consensus of both of my children is that taking the test multiple times is far better than trying to pull the information needed from a book and then apply it to a test that is different each time that you take it.
Mary Emily O'Hara
Yes, the SAT's. How bizarre to be studying for them while simultaneously publishing articles in the local newspaper. But you can't stay at community college forever, and most of the programs I want to transfer into require the scores. Wish the "House Bunny" was around to be my study partner.
Gurung Rubi
Aug 13, 2016 marked it as to-read
How to open this book to study? Its not opening
Heba Ghandy
I'm So Optimistic about its review and I hope to ensure this after taking My SAT .. :))
Just waiting To Next November .. :)
RA AJ
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent
Aza
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book! REALLY!
Real scores will vary roughly 100 points from the practice test scores!
Aravind Venkat
I think so it'll be useful for my future studies to get a graduate in US.
Vahan Aslanyan
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The guide helped me a lot for taking the SAT.
grace-before-reading
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: test-prep
This was the most helpful out of all the test prep books I used. I did very well on my SATs the first time around and do not need to take them again. Deo Gratias!
Kali
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
#donewiththiscrap
Danielle
I like this one because it has loads of practice tests, which is really how you improve on the SAT... So I would recommend it.
Max
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very helpful. This book's practice test help make the SATs feel easier than when I first took a practice one. Ive watched my score go from around 500 to around 600 just because of the practice tests
Austin
Aug 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: school
THIS PREP BOOK IS TORTUROUS.

I exaggerate, but it wasn't exactly my cup of tea bulldozing through eight practice tests the month prior to the May SAT :(
Mat Molina
let the torture begins...
Marrie
I just took the test today, and I don't feel right about rating this book until I've got my scores back for the SAT.
Amy
Apr 28, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I could not resist adding this. This, the most damned horrible book to ever curse the earth with its existence. *sobs*
Glynnis
Mar 21, 2011 added it
Shelves: for-work
My bible for my new job. So many practice tests! So little time!
Gehad Hasanin
Exactly what a lost sophomore needs. Answers questions, provides practice, tells you what to do..

Great guide!!
Claudia
Jan 12, 2013
Melanie Rose
rated it did not like it
Aug 05, 2017
  • Snitch
  • T.H.U.G. L.I.F.E.
  • The Outside Shot
  • 16 1/2 On the Block
The College Board, also known as The College Entrance Examination Board, is a not-for-profit membership organization "committed to excellence and equity in education" whose mission is "to connect students to college success and opportunity".
More about The College Board

$2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $10.99 $1.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
    $9.99 $1.99
    $8.49 $2.99
  • Dharma Punx: A Memoir
    $11.49 $1.99
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Queens Consort: England's Medieval Queens from Eleanor of Aquitaine to Elizabeth of York
    $9.99 $1.99