Start by marking “The Knight of Death: The Assassin Chronicles (The Red Cross of Gold #1)” as Want to Read:
The Knight of Death: The Assassin Chronicles (The Red Cross of Gold #1)

The Knight of Death: The Assassin Chronicles

(Red Cross of Gold #1)

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  115 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Mark Ramsay, Chevalier du Morte, for the Order of the Red Cross of Gold has double duty as the Order's assassin and alchemist and double trouble when he is abducted by unscrupulous persons wishing to extract the Order's secret of immortality from him. He finds love in an unexpected place and almost loses his status, his honor and his life as his Brothers of the Order set o ...more
Published October 25th 2008 (first published November 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Knight of Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Knight of Death

Celia
May 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Storyline:
The Knight of Death certainly lives up to his name. This story, surprisingly enough, starts off in modern-day Texas after a preface set during the Fall of Jerusalem in 1187 CE and another short scene that takes place in modern Italy. Our hero, Sir Mark Andrew Ramsay, is a grouchy Scotsman with a problem (several of them, in fact!) He is not a very nice fellow, but due to a vicious attack and kidnapping, he has forgotten that fact. While in this state of discombobulation, he falls in l
Jeanne
Aug 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is the first of 12 in the series from a new author. It certainly doesn't read like a first attempt at all. The story moves along at a good pace. The characters are well written, thought out. There's real history of the Templars Knights with some fantasy.
Brendan Carroll
Jun 16, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-own-work
This review was posted on Amazon.com:

Entrancing...Eagerly Awaiting More!, August 7, 2009
By Abrianna O'hare "eloquent_elocutionist" (Monterrey, CA) -
This review is from: The Red Cross of Gold I:. The Knight of Death (Kindle Edition)
I've always had a interest in everything Templar and when I got this particular book, I was worried it would be more of that cookie cutter crap of the recent Templar revival.

I was BEYOND pleasantly surprised! I can not believe the depth and breadth of this story. I ha
Penny
Aug 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-fantasy
I could not stop reading this book. I zoomed through it because the pace is fast and the characters are well defined and developed. The story is entertaining and provides many roads to move forward with these 12 Knights Templar. I love all of the characters with all of there faults and their humor too.

I'm not very good at writing reviews, but I can say that I'm hooked on Brendan Carroll's Red Cross of Gold, The Assassin Chronicles series. I have to read the next one now.
Michael
Sep 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
You use to call a series like this dime novels. It's a fun read and I will read more of this series. The Red Cross of Gold when I get threw a few others I have left to read.
P.J. Roscoe
May 16, 2013 rated it liked it
I wanted to read this because I love the Knights Templars - having contacted Brendan, he told me it wasn't what I might be expecting - he was right!
Although it touches on the Templars history and gives brief insights into their past through flashbacks and memories, it doesn't delve as much as I would have liked.
Love the cover, really drew me in.
Liked the main character, mark, but I don't think it needed to 'show' his Scottish brogue, when it could be achieved with a good description and a few Sc
Melissa Lorenzo
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
For a while I thought that there was too much sex in this book...but by the end of the book (and beginning the second book) it really is kind of necessary.

Outside of that, I liked the various historical periods and the action scenes (esp near the end) were very well written.
sarahjane
Jan 05, 2013 rated it liked it
okay the adventure begins...jan 5 2013...25 books in this series lets settle in
Delia
Jun 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
What! the first of twelve? Oh, boy!
I LOVE this book
I couldn't stop reading and now I'm going with the second one
Jean
Sep 22, 2010 rated it did not like it
Do Not... I repeat, Do Not waste your time with this book.
I had a difficult time finishing it let alone the entire series.

I had an even more difficult time writing a review for this book.

Not because I didn't have anything to say
But
rather I had too much to say and my thoughts are not coming out the way that I would like them to.

The Red Cross of Gold is about
Immortal Knights, warriors,
That aspect is what drew me in.

After the first chapter, I quickly realized that the
Book Description was better
Rosver
Apr 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: garbage
An incredibly ridiculous, stupid, absurd piece of writing. I could not make myself believe and enjoy whatever is written in it. Uh! How could it get published! The publishers deserved to be hanged for making the readers experience such incredibly horrid stupidity as this! If there has been zero stars it would be my joy to rate this book that.

The huge disappointment is compounded by such pretty description for the book. You are all excited and drawn excitedly to the hopefully incredible contents
Rod
Nov 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Struggled to get into this book. Had to push thru as there was little context at the outset as the characters and plot jumped from one time to the next and back again. In the end, it started to come together and ended up being enjoyable.
Dawn Barton
Mike Harney
Dec 29, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Authors...: Unexpected Romance 1 12 Jan 14, 2012 06:49PM
  • Avion (The Crystal Rose Chronicles, #1)
  • Raven's Heart: A Tale from the World of Secramore
  • Night Birds' Reign (Dreamer's Cycle, #1)
  • A Touch of Night
  • The Black God’s War Preview
  • The Gods of Dream
  • Shadow of Stone (The Pendragon Chronicles, #2)
  • Young Lord of Khadora (Forgotten Legacy, #1)
  • Vanquished (The Roxbury Trilogy, #1)
  • Love's Magic (Boadicea, #1)
  • Beautiful Sins: Leigha Lowery  (The Thaneaddus Chronicles, #1)
  • The Gift of Fury (Count Albritton #2)
  • Scream Angel
  • The Fey
  • Embers (The Guild of the Cowry Catchers, #1)
  • The Walled Garden
  • From Within
  • Regression
By-Line: Only a Fool can rule the world.

Brendan Carroll spent his first fourteen years running free through the deep woods of the East Texas Pine Forests. During the early part of his life, he had the great fortune to live next door to his grandparents on a small family subsistence farm where he learned about nature, farming and story-telling from his grandfather. Throughout his childhood and earl

Red Cross of Gold (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • The King Of Terrors (Red Cross of Gold #2)
  • The Head of the Crow (Red Cross of Gold #3)
  • The Hesperian Dragon (Red Cross of Gold #4)
  • The Quinta Essentia (Red Cross of Gold #5)
  • The Dragonslayer (Red Cross of Gold #6)
  • The Wisdom of Solomon (Red Cross of Gold #7)
  • The Silver Caduceus (Red Cross of Gold #8)
  • The Queen of the Abyss (Red Cross of Gold #9)
  • Genesis 6:5 (Red Cross of Gold #10)
  • Ars Arabia (Red Cross of Gold #11)
“One misspoken word and the world will no longer know you.
Mark Andrew Ramsay”