Start by marking “Phantom Lover (Phantom Lover, #1)” as Want to Read:
Phantom Lover (Phantom Lover, #1)

Phantom Lover (Phantom Lover #1)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  163 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Book 1 - Bobby seduces the mysterious, hot Kimo Wilder, unaware he is a man born of fire and secret, dark magic the ancient Hawaiians called Loa.
ebook, 1st Edition, 261 pages
Published September 15th 2007 by eXtasy Books (first published September 10th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Phantom Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phantom Lover

Natsroshan
Jun 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Lindsay
Jun 06, 2009 rated it it was ok
This book wasn't for me. The forced menage scene and the whole cheating thing bothered me. Otherwise, I might have liked it much better.
Darkm
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
The only thing I liked here are the descriptions of the places.
(view spoiler)
Violet
Oct 28, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mm
This book has cheating husband and cheating wife theme which really does not sit well with me. The protagonist Bobby knowingly seduces a married man and the married man justified his affair with some kind of excuse. In addition, women (Kimo's wife, Bobby's mom) in the book is depicted in a horrible way. The only straight woman who was decent, was Bobby's granny. There's threesomes, jealousy and lots of messy relationships. Life in the book seems so tiresome, complicated and depressing. As a whol ...more
Nancy L
Feb 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, pnr, paranormal
Kimo was an ass! There was one emotional part of the book that raised this to a 4 star. It was when Kimo and Bobby deal with the blisters. But still, the whole reason for the blisters just burns my butt. I wanted to hit Kimo upside the head.
cat reads
I hate doormat protagonists. I really hate doormat protagonists who fall in love with abusive assholes. I especially hate novels with the message that the doormat protagonist can change their abuser with the power of luv.

The message of this novel is absolutely horrible. Kimo is deliberately, knowingly, purposefully hurtful. He cheats, he's emotionally abusive, he's verbally abusive, he puts Bobby through all kinds of hell, and that's not acceptable! I'm not just talking about Kimo's behavior be
Jonathan Treadway
Jan 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comfort-reads
I loved this book. I own not only the ebook but also the audiobook. It is one of my top comfort reads and I listen to or read it at least 3-4 times a year. Now, AJ is a friend but he's also one of my favorite authors, so take this review as you wish.

I loved the whole premise of the story, and the romance between Bobby and Kimo is so well-written you can feel the anguish of both characters as they try to build their relationship. I'm not going to go into the story because I hate reviews that have
adrienne
Dec 27, 2010 rated it did not like it
not at all to my taste.
didn't find it quite good enough to be deemed even a light beach read. seemed like the author was more interested in making sure the reader knew he loved hawaii than he was in actually developing any aspect of the book: very little depth to the character's personalities/motivations; contrived soap-operatic plot; rather puerile style. total miss.
Dragonrouge57 - Bénédicte Girault
Série Phantom Lover - Tome 1 - VO

Le danseur de Hula hawaïen Bobby Kikawa fantasme sur le séduisant et mystérieux Kimo Wilder, un Kahuna doué et kumu hula, un maître des danses polynésiennes. Il devient encore plus obsédé après avoir vu une peinture érotique pour laquelle Kimo a posé et appelé Phantom Lover. Il prévoit de séduire Kimo même si l'homme est hétéro, marié et connu pour son extrême loyauté envers sa femme.

Seuls durant une chaude nuit après une répétition de danse sur la grande île d'H
Christy
The thought of two male hula dancers is pretty hot. The fact that this first installment in the 'Phantom Lover' series by A.J. Llewellyn is set in Hawaii and was going to involve sex, betrayal, romance, and magic had me hooked from the start. I've gotten to know this author's writing fairly well recently so I knew I was in for a very good tale. Pun intended.

Bobby, Lopaka, is a native Hawaiian, meaning he was born on the islands and grew up there, but he is half white and half Hawaiian. He is a h
Rinkyx
May 01, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is more of a rant then a review in a way: spoiler alerts!!

This was really good until it got fcuked up and arrggggg so angry! I don't do books that have scenes with multiple partners or having one of the main MC's practically cheating. A pity cuz I did enjoy it till it got to that threesome scene and obvs it should not have happened. I would not have taken him back, even if I agreed with the scene cuz my lover wanted to try something differ, but when you see ur partner really into the other
ZK
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit I was rather bored reading through almost the whole first quarter of the book then the seck really enthralled me. It's really a shame there just had to be those het menage (in the bedroom, no less!) and "stud" impregnation thing at all (though I wouldn't mind mpreg). I almost abandoned ship because of those. I would've liked it much better without those... necessary evils?
Silver pixies
Jan 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
An Awesome Review to Follow w/in the next few days... i have the flu
Mrs LB
Dec 31, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book into this particular genre and I was very pleased.

Bobby to Kimo - "Now take your ass licking like a man"...best line ever (lol).
Libbsmm
3.25 stars - wasn't a fan of all of the cheating and making his wife seem like such a troll.
Aug 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tossed, ebook
M/M romance among hulu dancers in Hawaii. Writing is good, but not great. There is so much potential there!
Teeny
Nov 15, 2010
LDL
Jun 22, 2011
Meg
rated it did not like it
Dec 18, 2017
Jan 17, 2013
Lillian
Sep 24, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Giving Up the Ghost (Laying a Ghost, #2)
  • Song of Oestend (Oestend #1)
  • Warriors & Healers
  • Chaos Magic (Gods and Chaos, #1)
  • Bound To Please (Playing for Keeps, #2)
  • Here Be Dragons (Dragons, #1)
  • Unspoken Desires (Tri-Omega Mates #5)
  • Deceptions (Soul Mates, #2)
  • Resolution (Refuge Shifters, #4)
  • Sex, Lies, and Celluloid
  • Tail of Two Brothers (Horsfall, #1)
  • Looking for Some Touch (Utopia X, #1)
  • Master Of Obsidian (Master Chronicles, #1)
  • The Elf and Shoemaker
  • Necking
  • Goldilocks and His Three Bears (Goldilocks #1)
  • Meant For Each Other (Meant For Each Other #1)
  • Unicorn's Peril (Keeper of the Land, #1)
1914286
A.J. Llewellyn lives in California, but dreams of living in Hawaii. Frequent trips to all the islands, bags of Kona coffee in the fridge and a healthy collection of Hawaiian records keep this writer refueled.

A.J’s passion for the islands led to writing a play about the last ruling monarch of Hawaii, Queen Lili’uokalani as well as a non-erotic novel about the overthrow of her kingdom written in dia
More about A.J. Llewellyn...

Phantom Lover (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Fly Me to the Moon (Phantom Lover, #2)
  • The Forbidden Island (Phantom Lover, #3)
  • Summer Love (Phantom Lover, #4)
  • Rent Boy (Phantom Lover, #5)
  • My Hawaiian Song of Love (Phantom Lover, #6)
  • Beguiled (Phantom Lover, #7)
  • Stolen Magic (Phantom Lover, #8)
  • Mele Kalikimaka (Phantom Lover, #9)
  • Island Bois (Phantom Lover, #10)
  • Diura (Phantom Lover, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Perfected (Perfected #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)