Start by marking “The Genie Within: Your Subconscious Mind: How It Works and How to Use It” as Want to Read:
The Genie Within: Your Subconscious Mind: How It Works and How to Use It

The Genie Within: Your Subconscious Mind: How It Works and How to Use It

Your subconscious mind is powerful and will work for you without effort. It also works against you based on programs and concepts learned in childhood. Learn how to reprogram your mind to override these immature programs. Reprogram your mind to: Achieve goals, Become more creative, Relieve stress, Increase self confidence, and Become healthier. Learn 15 ways to tap your in ...more
Published April 1st 2003 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Genie Within, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Genie Within

Start your review of The Genie Within: Your Subconscious Mind: How It Works and How to Use It
Spencer Hedges
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bought this book 3 days ago and just finished it. If there is a key to happiness, life, goals, etc. it is in this book. The subconscious is a powerful friend that I feel everyone should read about. :)
Vinokanth Velu
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I read on subconscious mind and its abilities. This book extends the ideas presented by Maxwell Maltz in his book Psycho-Cybernetics.
Gridknightt
The author forewarns that most of the book contents are copies of other persons material. I did find that MANY pages could have been eliminated; each lesson ends with a lengthy description (what one should perhaps read)of what to suggest/tell your subconscious mind whilst in the Alpha state. I didn't like treating the subconscious as a "person"...thanking it, praising it, etc. I did like the fact that I didn't have to read the last chapter...it was on prayer.

I was able to pick up a few ideas and
Alyson
Best book I've read in the whole "The Secret" genre.
Hari Prabhu
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one is more pratical than the one by Dr.Joseph Murphy.If you want to know the workings of the
subconsious,this is the book that you need to choose.
Maryanne
Might look and sound cheesy but it was very well done. I liked reading because the author has had a lifelong passion for understanding his field. He seems to have a knack at presenting the information in a way that promotes retention-go figure. He often sounded like an excited kid which might be lame to some but came across as endearing to me.
Ali Mignonne
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an interactive book that requires a small time commitment to do the exercises. While I did find some real benefits and deep truths, there was also a fair amount of what I considered wishful thinking. Maybe I'm just not doing it right ... Anyway, despite that, I did like this book very much.
Rudy Perez
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Wealth of Valuable Information

Loved this little book. It demonstrated the incredible powers of the subconscious mind and how to tap into those powers. Easy to comprehend, I have already started applying the many techniques in the book to my life.
B
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book one of the few books that you can't put it on the shelf and forget about it. I read it 3 times and I will read it again and again.
Andreea Onea
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best explained books on how subconscious mind works. Very interesting and very true. I was quite surprised by results after trying some of the exercises.
Lindsay
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
This is one of those rare books which delivers what the title is saying: this book is about the subconscious and how you can use it. I think it's very humble of him to say all the information in the book is not new and that's probably true but he delivers it in such a way I still found a few nuggets. The chapters are easy to read and you will probably finish the book faster than expected. For those who read books like the secret and other popular LOA books, this one continues on what a lot of ot ...more
Lea Luminarias
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like how they made it so affordable so a lot of people can read it, and it is made short so it’ll not be overwhelming to readers’ minds (because the contents and ideas are). The key to living the life you want is in this book, but reading and knowing the ideas of this book is not enough, you have to dig in and take action. You have to know what to do, make practices and plans, change habits etc.
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everything it said it would do

I am reading several of these law of attraction books at one time but this is the first one I started and by far the most informative of the bunch I am still working through. I have started using these laws and I have made major positive changes in my life. I highly recommend this book. I will revisit my notes often, I am sure.
Mitch Perritt
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book to exist

Most helpful and best book i’ve ever read, and will ever read. There’s no fluff, just straight up information written in a very clear and easy to read and apply fashion. Information to revolutionize your life. If you only ever read 1 book in life, this should be it.
Ismail
Absolutely Gem of a Book

The writing style is very simple and easy to follow for the average joe like me. The concepts presented are very relatable, especially when compared to anecdotal experiences ; everything makes sense. Highly recommended if you want to have a better understanding and unlock the potential of your mind.
Modesta kerketta
Very helpful.... Triggers are simply amazing. Would definitely recommend to all those seeking better harmony with their minds

The chapters are well organized to take you step by step on how to use the practices. Thanks to the Author for such an amazing guide
Noah Letner
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very well presented information about how the mind works and what we can do to improve communication with ourselves and improve our lives. I recommend purchasing the mp3 recordings to make the process a bit easier on yourself.
Joshua Clayton
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, great repeat reading!
Michael Solomon
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent book!
Brie Doyle
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book with great examples. A perfect sample to get your toes wet in the world of subconscious work.
Eric
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the better self-help books out there. A keeper in my library. So glad I read it.
Anser
Jul 04, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: subconscious
Skimmed through it.
Has good stuff, but I don't want to try it.
Louise
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing summary

You could study all the magic books in the world or you can summarize all of them with this one book! This book is amazing and I thank you. LPM
Sean Silva
The Genie Within is a book with a great concept if you go in with an open mind. Not everyone is going to appreciate some of the things in the book or how they are presented, for example, prayer. The author also puts a lot of emphasis on hypnosis. Not only is it mentioned in many of the examples to back up his claims but he also gives self hypnosis passages for you to use yourself. Overall, the concepts covered are beneficial and if practiced will improve your life, your well being and your healt ...more
John Martindale
For the most part I am on board with the author's premise, but I think how he presents the material, sometimes made it hard to take it all seriously. I listened to the audiobook and the narrator didn't help by any means, it was obnoxious to have to hear the narrator try to use a hypnotist voice and carry on with "relax... you are feeling very relaxed... your toes are relaxed, oh so relaxed, you just love how relaxed your toes feel, oh soooo reeeelaaxed, oh it feels sooooo good to have the toes f ...more
sprinkle.your.sparkle
The genie grants you wishes when 1) you are aware of its existence 2) you take the time to learn how it functions 3) you invest in improving your communication with it. // Two stars for the writing style which kills me inside. Also the “self talk prep talks” at the end of the chapters were WAY WAY too much for me. I’ll get back to it in a month or so to reread the key points and monitor my progress on self-discovery.
محمد معروف
Nice writing, good exercises, but promises over the edge capabilities that never fulfills (perhaps needs some Tuting with an instructor).
Ammar Fakhruddin
This is a must read book. Objectively leads you to directions, explains methods in details to control your mind.
Asungushe B.
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you wanted to read only one book in the whole law-of-attraction genre, this is the book!
Sandeep Asthana
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simple. No nonsense. With specific approaches and affirmations. Good toolkit.

• The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
  • Walking with Lions: Tales from a Diplomatic Past
  • From Sex to Superconsciousness
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, Updated and Expanded
  • The Last Law of Attraction Book You'll Ever Need To Read: The Missing Key To Finally Tapping Into The Universe And Manifesting Your Desires
  • As a Man Thinketh
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
  • Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results (Mini Habits, #1)
  • Feeling Is The Secret 1944
  • Living with the Monks: What Turning Off My Phone Taught Me about Happiness, Gratitude, and Focus
  • Owning Your Own Shadow: Understanding the Dark Side of the Psyche
  • Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life beyond Your Wildest Dreams
  • The Inner Game of Tennis: The Classic Guide to the Mental Side of Peak Performance
  • The Master Key System