Start by marking “Altar-Ed Plans” as Want to Read:
Altar-Ed Plans

Altar-Ed Plans

The perfect day. The perfect marriage. The perfect groom. What could go wrong?

Caitlyn has been preparing for her perfect wedding all her life. But when her fiancé abandons her at the altar, Caitlyn vows she'll never love again. Going to BYU doesn't make that easy, however, and avoiding all social contact can only last so long. When her bishop calls her to be the mom of her
Published June 1st 2009 by Bonneville

To ask other readers questions about Altar-Ed Plans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Altar-Ed Plans

Cheri
Jul 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book is adorable. I know that's kind of a weird description for a book, but I really had a lot of fun reading it.

Caitlyn has her life all figured out. She's going to marry this wonderful guy, have kids, be a mom and live a blissful life. Trouble is, her fiance has other ideas.

Alone and jaded, Caitlyn goes back to college and throws herself in her studies. And despite her best intentions she can't get the new guy, Travis, out of her head. And when he finds his way into her heart, watch out!
Tristi
Jul 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
"Altered Plans" is the second book by LDS author Rebecca Cornish Talley and is the story of Caitlyn Moore, a young woman who is getting married in the temple. She's been in love with Justin since high school and knows she'll be the happiest woman alive, married to him. But when she gets to the temple and realizes she forgot her veil, it seems like a bad omen of things to come. Sure enough, Justin's parents arrive and break the news - he's not coming. He decided to return to the place where he se ...more
Amber Lynae
Mar 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Debbie Cranberry Fries
It is a light airy read. If you like LDS romance I believe you'll enjoy this book because the story line is fun. The characters are sweet. The title is cute, the cover adorable. If you want a fun quick read this will work great!

It was a cute idea but I thought it was super choppy. The scenes were so short and to me felt too sudden. Sure the story moved along quickly but I felt like it was too quick. I would have enjoyed a conversation lasting longer than 1 minute. When the characters got togethe
Hollie Robb
Dec 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
Caitlyn along with her roommate are fun to read about. Their way of living is so typical with this age group. I like how the author puts Caitlyn in the same situation as Justin so that she can have empathy for Justin.

The story is good, the characters likable, the antagonist easy to hate, and feel bad for, writing very down to earth. All around a very good read.

Rebecca, you did a good job. I was very impressed. :)
Heather
Started out strong with promise. But I felt the story was very rushed after the first few chapters. Needed a solid editorial run-through.
Kathryn
Feb 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Vampiricelias
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this book because my oldest sister brought it home to me, as well as the book Heaven Scent, telling me I'd enjoy it, since everyone in my whole family knows I'm a sucker for romance. I read the backside of the books, and was immediately excited to start reading them and sat down on the couch and started reading.

The characters were awesome. You could constantly see the differences between every character, which is something I've always loved seeing in characters, is seeing how t
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I was surprised with this one. I thought it would be fairly predictable and the story would unfold a certain way and I’m glad it had a few twists and ended up totally different than I was expecting. I enjoyed the characters and reading about Caitlyn’s story. Caitlyn is understandable jaded after being ditched at the altar; I can see why she would be so resistant to dating again. I admit I was a little upset by how fast she fell in love again (after three dates) and it really did seem like a rebo ...more
Donna Hatch
Nov 30, 2009 marked it as to-read
Caitlyn has been preparing for her perfect wedding all her life. But when her fiance abandons her at the altar, Caitlyn vows she’ll never love again.

Going to BYU doesn’t make that easy, however, and avoiding all social contact can only last so long.

When her bishop calls her to be the “mom” of her family home evening group, Caitlyn is suddenly thrust into surprising circumstances that leave her flustered–the attention of two unwanted suitors.

Travis, the FHE “dad” has plans to woo Caitlyn by using
Marie Lundeen
Sep 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
"Altared Plans" is about a young woman by the name of Caitlyn, who arrived at the Temple on the day of her wedding to find out that the love of her life was on an airplane to be with someone else. Devastated and torn apart she vowed she would never fall in love.

Upon returning to BYU, she is called to be the mom of her FHE group where she meets the father, Travis. Refusing to let herself fall in love again, she tags Travis as "annoying" but finds that she can't keep her mind off him and concentra
Katie W
Sep 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
I had a hard time getting started with this book. The first few pages seemed kind of choppy and there was way too much info being used for the dialog, instead of as background info. Once I got past that, I really enjoyed this light-hearted, funny romance. Caitlin was jilted on her wedding day and struggled to get back into life at BYU. When she was paired up with annoying Travis as co-FHE parents, she was not a happy camper. I thought the character Alison was hilarious--kind of an extreme of how ...more
Lynn
Dec 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Caitlin has been dumped at the altar by Justin. She returns to BYU having sworn off men. In the course of her calling as "mom" to her Family Home Evening group, she meets Travis and Chase. Both vie for her attention. Can she recover from her past to choose one?

This book grabbed me from the first page. I couldn't put it down. After I read it in one day, I loaned it to my daughter who attends BYU-Idaho. She loved it and passed on to her 17-year-old sister.

Definitely a must read!
Shellie
Tons more dialogue than I am used to. But still a good story.
Caitlyn is dumped at the temple doors on her wedding day. Her ex fiance says he just doesn't love her even though they had been together since high school. She picks up and moves on, continuing school at BYU. She meets two guys...and both persue her. One makes her giddy and excited, one makes her feel safe (like he will never break her heart). Both propose, and she is left to decide what to do.
Moriah
Jun 08, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: lds, dnf
I stopped after the first chapter because the writing was amateurish, with too much telling and not enough showing. Additionally, there is no reason a book published by an LDS publisher and targeted solely to an LDS market should be explaining our culture to us.

It's a great concept and I couldn't help wishing I had been given the chance to edit this book because it had the potential to be awesome.
Karlene Browning
Jun 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Although this is not the type of book I normally like to read, I thought it was a fun little romance. I read it in an afternoon.

I would have liked to see more of a relationship developing over time between Caitlyn and Travis.

And to truly make me love this book, Travis' ex-girlfriend would have had to be a psycho killer who kidnapped Caitlyn and tortured her and... oh wait. Wrong genre. (Sorry)

If you like light clean romance, you'll like this book.
Tina
Nov 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read for a cloudy day. It's fun and engaging. Poor Caitlyn thinks she has every detail of her wedding planned--wrong! She never planned on being left at the altar. Her almost inlaws met her at the door of the temple to share the bad news. This all happens in the first chapter--the rest of the book is how she recovers and unintentionally saves herself from being the wierd aunt with twelve cats.
Alisa
May 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 - 4 stars.

Fun story. Fun read. Ended way too soon. The author built up an issue (city girl vs. ranch boy) and never resolved it. You were left with a "love conquers all" so don't worry about the differences kind of ending.

As a city girl myself, I would have loved to see Caitlyn spend more time on the ranch... I felt like the story was building up to that, but then it never happened.
Tanya
Dec 02, 2009 marked it as to-read
I blogged about this book today. Check it out here:

I've got high hopes. Once I've read it, I'll give it a proper review. In the meantime, I invite those of you who have already read it to post your own thoughts on my blog.
Sheila
Jul 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Rebecca Talley's new novel, "Altared Plans" is LDS chic lit at it's best. If you are looking for a good light-hearted romance, with many twists and turns along the way, this book is the one.

You can read more of my review here at http://whynotbecauseisaidso.blogspot....
Breanna
Jun 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction, romance
I met and really liked the author. This book was good, but wasn't my favorite. The main character kind-of annoyed me. I can't figure out why, though. Maybe because I'm college-aged, too?
This book did have a goood storyline.
Lucinda
Oct 31, 2012 rated it liked it
It was a cute story about 'girl meets boy', not very profound or substantial. I didn't see a lot of development in the story line or characters, which was a little disappointing. More appropriate for older teens/young adults, if you're a serious reader.
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Feb 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds
I really liked this book. This is an LDS book about a girl who gets left at the altar and decides to never get married, but of course that plan doesn't work out. It has some pretty realistic parts and some corny parts, but all good.
Brooke Mattice
Sep 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
I had to work on Saturday and knew it would be slow so I grabbed this cheesy, easy read. It was extremely cheesy, predictable, and corny, but kept me entertained for the few hours it took to read it. Gotta love the cheesy LDS love stories!
Marsha Ward
Dec 02, 2009 marked it as to-read
I blogged about Altared Plans today: http://marshaward.blogspot.com/2009/1.... I look forward to reading it.
Robbin Peterson
I loved it! <3
Lori
Dec 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
The story was highly predictable, but it was cute
Rachel
Jun 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
Susan
Aug 22, 2009 rated it liked it
The quote from the book, "Love can't be planned. It just is.", pretty much sums up the story. I'm so pro BYU that I was pleased the events take place there.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • This Just in
  • Idle Playgrounds
  • A Trusting Heart
  • Agent in Old Lace
I was born and raised in California and now live in rural Colorado on a small ranch with my husband, 7 of my 10 kids, a dog, cats, a spoiled horse, and a herd of goats.

I am the author of a children's picture book, "Grasshopper Pie" (WindRiver 2003), and three novels, "Heaven Scent" (Cedar Fort 2008), "Altared Plans" (Cedar Fort 2009), and "The Upside of Down" (Cedar Fort 2011)and numerous children