Start by marking “Shadow Dreams” as Want to Read:
Shadow Dreams

Shadow Dreams

Once there was a boy of the Bitterwater Clan of the Din'e, the Navajo People. He lived with his ma'sani, his grandmother in the Four Corners in the Navajo Nation on the reservation? So begins the story of James Redtree, a Navajo man who is transformed into a dog by his grandmother's curse. "You have forgotten the ways of the Din'e and that cannot be forgiven," she tells hi ...more
ebook
Published 2004 by Liquid Silver Books

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Dreams

Michele
Oct 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A quick read. A good book,a totally wierd book that left me wondering if I should be disturbed,slightly digusted or not, lol
But unique and funny too /:)
Netanella
May 31, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: shifters
Shadow Dreams begins as a Navajo legend of a young man who escaped to the white man's world and forgot his Indian heritage to such an extent that his grandmother cursed him on her deathbed to turn into a dog until a Navajo female should find him and believe in him as a man. It's also a pretty quirky story of a girl who rescues a large black dog from the pound and has some pretty erotic dreams of an Indian lover at night. Righteous tale with a sweet HEA.
Sydney M Neblett
When the man of your dreams is more real than you thought

Are you looking for a steamy book to open not just your imagination, but your senses as well? This is the book for you. This author does just a fantastic job of creating the perfect amount of heat and heart in her stories. You will be analyzing all of your dreams to see if they could hold an amount of truth or could be a sign of change to come. I just love this book.
Susan Mayes
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read

Another brilliant book from one of my favourite authors Evangeline Anderson. Her characters are always believable and you can’t help but become involved in their adventures and romances. This book is about a curse, a Navaho Indian and the girl whose help he needs to break the curse. Of course they fall in love. Well worth a read.
Danielle Thomas
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book. Hot read..
Cheryl
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me by the author for an honest review:
Shadow Dreams - was originally released in 2004 but has been updated and re-released.
Favorite Lines “No-you stay here. I’m a private bathroom person and I don’t know you well enough to let you watch me take a bath”.
“Never mind. You wouldn’t remember if I told you now anyway”
James Redtree lives with his grandmother of the Bitterwater Clan of the Din`e on the Navajo Nation Reservation.
As a young man James was sent to school off the rese
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

Angelina "Jelly" Dean, may have got more than she bargained for when she decided to get a dog for company and protection. Not only is Shadow huge and definitely has some wolf somewhere in his genes, he also seems to prefer ESPN to Animal Planet and salad to dog food. Could it be that her new pet and the man that comes to her in her dreams are connected?

What a cute book, it was short but sweet with a few steamy scenes thrown in. Maybe there wasn't as much smexy time as you might expect from an
Paula Valerio
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was a gift from the author in exchange of an honest review.
It's a re-release book but i hadn't read it in 2004.

This is the story of James who is cursed by his grandmother to walk as a dog because he had forgotten the ways of his people the Din`e. He must find a woman to love and belive in him in that period of time or remain a dog forever.

That was awsome! I love indian culture, it's beautiful and magical. I loved Shadow, james animal form, he was so cute and funny. I loved the scene at
Bridget
Oct 29, 2013 rated it liked it
I love Evangeline Anderson's work. I am a big fan of her Kindred series and the Born to Darkness series. Anderson has a way of drawing the reader in even. I have been resistant to particular story lines in the past but always end on of her books glad I read it. One of the few authors that I will auto buy her work and read it regardless of the back blurb.

Evangeline had grown in her writing. Shadow Dreams was good, but not as good as her more current work. If you have never read anything by Evang
Linda
Jun 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
James lost his touch and connection with his native roots when he was sent away for education. When he returns on his grandmothers deathbed, shes soo let down that she curses him, for three months hes to roam the land as a dog until he finds the mother to his children, the one wholl believe him.
Angelina is at the shelter looking for a guard dog, six months after her divorce she feels the need for protection, living alone in her large house is starting to feel unsafe. She finds Shadow, a dog on h
Denise
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a re-release of a previously published book. I had never read it prior to the author asking for some review readers.

I really enjoyed the storyline. It is a departure of the Kindred series that Ms. Anderson writes now.

The American Indians have such wonderful stories and traditions that are handed down. When a grandson makes a promise to his grandmother and then doesn't follow through... well let's just say "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned (or a grandmother)" She places a curse upon
MK
Dec 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: other-entities, m-f
The synopsis of this book pretty much describes the entire story, so I will not repeat it. Okay, so I somehow enjoyed the story, but everything happens so fast that I can't savor each scenes. James have been given three days to make Angelina believe that he is cursed, but instead seduces her. Angelina have been having troubles with many things and James (as Shadow) always saves her. Anyway, the love scenes are hot and the ending is really thrilling that I still enjoyed it.
C.M. Lema
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What caught my attention was the Navajo theme, it was something interesting . I felt bad for James because of his curse..It was harsh, but in the end the sweet way he came at Jelly and the way he protected her was romance at its best. Jelly and James made a great couple. They both shared pain and loneliness and in the end they found a great love.
Keesha
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Evangeline always has a talent for steamy romance. This is a re-release of an earlier work, so it's a shorter read, a little less intense, but great for a quick weekend read. (If you've read any of her newer work you know what I mean by intense!) The vivid story telling leaves just enough to the imagination, but captures you none the less - I couldn't put it down!
Lucy
Jul 26, 2014 rated it liked it
not bad.
Torre
Mar 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Not sure how you can have sex and not know it but ok. I thought Jelly was just silly.
Eddie
Jan 06, 2018
Kimberly
Mar 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • When I Hurt (Vassi and Seri 2: Russian Stepbrother Romance)
  • Girl on a Diamond Pedestal
  • Fugitive Bride - Mencari Mempelai yang Hilang
  • Challenging Dante (A Bride for a Billionaire #4)
  • The Dark God's Bride Trilogy (The Dark God's Bride, #3)
  • Smokescreen Marriage [Pernikahan Semu]
  • Siren Song
  • The Greek's Blackmailed Wife
  • Cat's Meow (Predators, #1)
  • The Good, the Bad and the Wild (Brothers & Sisters, #3)
  • First Time Lucky?
  • His Captive Lover (The Thorpe Brothers, #1)
  • Mistaken Identity
  • Banger
  • To Have And To Hostage
Evangeline Anderson is a registered MRI tech who would rather be writing. And yes, she is nerdy enough to have a bumper sticker that says “I’d rather be writing.” Honk if you see her! She is thirty-something and lives in Florida with a husband, a son, and two cats. She had been writing erotic fiction for her own gratification for a number of years before it occurred to her to try and get paid for ...more