Start by marking “Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 5 (Imadoki!: Nowadays, #5)” as Want to Read:
Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 5 (Imadoki!: Nowadays, #5)

Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 5

(Imadoki!: Nowadays #5)

For Tanpopo Yamazaki, life at the elitist Meiô Academy seems way out of her league. The daughters of wealthy families snub her; other students make light of the fact that she actually tested into Meiô instead of relying on family connections, and the cute boy she saw tending a dandelion the day before wouldn't even acknowledge her existence. Hoping to make friends and have ...more
Published March 8th 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published August 2001)

Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Apr 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Shojo fans, Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Samantha wickedshizuku by: previous volumes
This volume kicks off with Chapter:1-5:Extra 2.

I'll write more when editing mode hits me.
Have fun reading!
Ta-ta Pretties!
Lindsey
Dec 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, re-read
Second time reading it and still....unsatisfactory ending!

Tanpopo should've ended up with Yoji, Koki should've ended up with Flippy (kidding) and Erika should've ended up with a long term residence in the insane asylum.
Hisgirl85
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
❤ I love this sweet series.
Lara
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lara by: Chanel Wilkins
So yeah. I started reading the first volume at like 10:45 and then kiiiiiind of stayed up until 1:00 reading the entire rest of the series. Thanks a lot, Chanel! I can't even really review the volumes individually because I just read them all the way straight through.

I really liked the characters, even though the main two seem somewhat typical of this genre. The side characters are great though. And this totally made me cry several times! I can't believe I never read these until now! The only t
Deb
Jun 05, 2007 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: shojo manga fans
Shelves: manga, shojo-josei
A very cutesy typical shojo plot of a girl who makes friends by sheer force of will with the difficult people around her(and is loved for it in the end).
Cember
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series and own all the books.
Mabomanji
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommended to Mabomanji by: mabomanji@gmail.com
L'histoire partait bien avec la reconnaissance du club et les amitiés qui se lient petit à petit dans ce groupe qui se soutient pas mal au final. J'ai bien aimé qu'elle parle de grossesse chez les lycéens, des comportements des garçons qui paient pour ne pas avoir de problème. J'ai aussi aimé qu'elle parle du poids que les parents mettent sur les épaules de leurs enfants qui doivent hériter de la grosse entreprise. Le grand frère du héros est parti pour échapper à cette pression et c'est le plus ...more
Leila Anani
This 5th and final volume doesn't disappoint although I didn't think it was quite as strong as the previous two - maybe just on account of its brevity - the conclusion is only 98 pages. Does Tanpopo end up with her beloved Koki? read and find out! The rest of the volume is taken up with related stories - we have Forever Okay? a prequel where we meet Tanpopo's two best friends in Hokkaido - Ruri and Kazutaka - another love triangle and a hero who looks very like Koki.... This one explains the ori ...more
Liz
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good ending! Could have been longer though... This is one of my favorite mangas!
Victoria
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
Susan Bell
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable manga.
Oberhuu
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christina
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Yoji and Koki get a call telling them that Erika had just tried to kill herself! It's because Koki had told her he couldn't marry her because he doesn't love her, but he and Yoji race to the hospital nonetheless, leaving Tanpopo in the dust. Staying out of their business, Tanpopo returns to her apartment only to find a voicemail left by her grandmother. According to her grandmother, Tanpopo's grandfather has just had a stroke and is in critical condition in the hospital! He won't wake up, and Ta ...more
Natalie
Rahmah
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, pinjam
Akhirnya selesai juga Imadoki dengan happy ending yang memang 'seharusnya' hahaha XD. Flashback, dulu ingat banget pas SD/SMP kelas 1 nggak dibolehin baca jilid akhir atau jilid 4 gitu sama kakak, karena ada adegan Erika mencoba bunuh diri. Hahaha,, mungkin karena dulu aku juga masih labil, takut terjadi sesuatu.

Btw, emang ada rasa simpati juga sih sama Erika. Cuma yah salah juga sih kalau berharap sama manusia hohoho. Pengen deh ada cerita tentang Tsuki dan Kyougoku. Tapi berhubung ini komik ud
Elizabeth
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've said it for the first volume, and I'll say it again: this is an unoriginal, somewhat cliche, adorable manga, and I LOVE IT. Most of my thoughts are summed up in my first review, mainly about the heroine, but I'll leave this thought: I'm glad the series ended the way it did. It was nice to see the female love interest choose her family over her relationship, while simultaneously, giving the chance of "if it's meant to be, it'll work out, and if not, oh well." And of course, being Yuu Watase- ...more
Victoria
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Finished with my re-read of this series and I still love it dearly, particularly how it ends. I feel like Watase is at her best in the first and last volumes of her series, which is a nice change from other mangaka/writers who start strong and then fade until the story ends with a whimper.

This volume does more for Koki as a character than any of the others, even Tanpopo. He really grows into his own person this volume, something that has been slowly happening since he met Tanpopo. I love how the
Wilma Monica
May 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
I cant sleep so end up reading this manga all over again. think I've been reading this book a few times..
so apparently lots of people also feels the same with me...
the ending was unsatisfactory
the fact that Kouki and Tanpopo will be together was obvious. But the ending was kind of forced and everything like come to end without any ups and downs and everything was done happily ever after...

it's suck...
I want to see more of Uchimura.. being a good mom..not to mention her was a mom but still using
Brilliant Hermione
Di edisi terakhir kali ini, Yanahara Erika, selayaknya gadis pecundang berotak dangkal mencoba bunuh diri (untuk kedua kali!) guna melepaskan diri dari rasa malu bertumpuk-tumpuk karena dicampakkan kakak beradik keluarga Kugyou.

Sigh, jujur, empet banget rasanya kalau punya kenalan manusia hidup super nyebelin macam Erika. Untung saja dia punya teman seperti Tanpopo, yang tak hanya menyelamatkan nyawanya tapi juga mengajarinya untuk menghargai hidup sekaligus tumbuh mekar dengan cara tersendiri.
Lady Knight
A decent conclusion to a higely enjoyable series! At first I was a little skeptical of this series and thought it would turn out to be a waste of my time, but I really came to root for the characters and enjoy the plot lines. I still don't quite understand how the individual volume titles relate (yes I know that gardening is a huge part of the plot, but why is this volume "Poppy" and not "Sunflower" or something?)... maybe I need to look up what the flowers used symbolize in the "language of flo ...more
Katherine
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the final two extra chapters!!! So cute!!!! It's amazing how attached you can get to the characters, even if their only in a short 30 page story! Oh and to keep myself from going on a manga spree, between series I will read either one normal book or a whole series. If I didn't do this....I would have ten books read by tomorrow night =^.^= hehehe...but really this isn't funny...it's kinda scary....GOSH ME!
Wulan
Oct 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Bishoujo lovers
Recommended to Wulan by: my cousin
Ini adalah satu-satunya komik yang gue suka tapi enggak gue punya. Pertama kali suka Imadoki adalah karena dikasih saran saudara, dan gue langsung jatuh cinta dengan gaya ceritanya yang kocak tapi romantis.
Ending komik ini enggak se-'greget' yang gue kira, tapi tetap berhasil membuat gue menarik nafas panjang sambil berbisik: "Aaaawww...so sweeet..." dan senyam-senyum sendiri, hehehe...
Julie
Nov 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book is cute but very upsetting. It for girls who know how it feels to know a guy and know two sides of him. like for example if everyone knows this one guy who is super"popular" and all of a sudden you start to hang out with him. Don't you notice that he's a lot more different when no ones around?? Well if you know how that feels I suggest to read this book.
Nia
Feb 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: komik, sold
Yamazaki Tanpopo pulang ke kampung halamannya di Hokkaido dan berjanji tidak akan kembali lagi ke Tokyo. Karena ingin merawat sang kakek yang jatuh pingsan.

Erika yang ingin bunuh diri di depan Yamazaki, akhirnya sadar setelah mendengar nasihat dari Yamazaki dan mengikhlaskan Yamazaki berhubungan dengan Kouki.
Jenten0018
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great series. I wish it could have gone on longer. I think she could have drawn out the whole erika, koki, tanpopo, and yoji square out more.

I enjoyed the special where she saw tanpopo before she left Hokkaido as well.
Miss Ryoko
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: library-book, manga
Wow.... wow... this volume was unnecessarily dramatic. Ugh... Erika... what the hell? What a loser.

Cutsie, lovey-dovey over done ending. Nothing special. This series wasn't anything special. It was okay, but it wasn't super good or anything. Mildly entertaining.
Sara
Overall, I liked this series. It was sweet and very predictable. I hates Erica and her stupid suicidal temper tantrums, but I'm glad that's over.

Not necessarily a series I would recommend above others, but it's not bad. I've definitely read worse.
oQ
Mar 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
wa.. gw demen bgt ma ni komik.. tanpopo na imut n tough sbg ce sekolahan. naiv,fun, friendly, oon, sometimes a very naiv person a little bit stupid but warm inside.. that's tanpopo..
Stilinski
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, anime
ME DA MUCHA PENA QUE SE ACABE, PERO ME HAN ENCANTADO TODAS Y CADA UNA DE LAS PÁGINAS DE ESTOS 5 MANGAS.
Clara
Aug 28, 2010 added it
  • Marmalade Boy, Vol. 6 (Marmalade Boy, #6)
  • W Juliet, Vol. 2
  • Wish, Vol. 02 (Wish, #2)
  • Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 2
  • Mars, Volume 12
  • Mr. Friday
  • D.N.Angel, Vol. 7 (D.N.Angel, #7)
  • Othello, Volume 5
  • Red River, Vol. 12 (Red River, #12)
A Japanse shoujo manga-ka. She is known for her works Fushigi Yūgi, Alice 19th, Ceres: The Celestial Legend, Fushigi Yūgi Genbu Kaiden and Absolute Boyfriend. She likes all music, except heavy metal and old traditional music.

She received the Shogakukan Manga Award for shōjo for Ceres, Celestial Legend in 1997. Since writing her debut short story "Pajama de Ojama" ("An Intrusion in Pajamas"), Wata

Imadoki!: Nowadays (5 books)
  • Imadoki! Nowadays, Vol. 1 (Imadoki! Nowadays, #1)
  • Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 2 (Imadoki!: Nowadays, #2)
  • Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 3 (Imadoki!: Nowadays, #3)
  • Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 4 (Imadoki!: Nowadays, #4)